Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, are you connected to the friendship group? You've said a few things now which have made me wonder.

You can get verified as an insider on here, and it allows you to post without supporting links from media. I'm not sure what counts as an 'insider' but it sure would be useful.

I'm nothing to do with Libby or her friends at all I'm afraid. I've only just joined this site today so still getting to grips with things, sorry if I'm doing anything wrong or if I ask any silly questions. Am I allowed to post links if they're to social media accounts (eg. The one from Hull University about the meet up was from their Twitter account) or is that not allowed? Thanks.

Yeah I would say it’s unusual they were looking for blood on the front door so early in the investigation. Usually if they think accident/water you can tell by their search actions - this wouldn’t be one of them I don’t think.

R.E witnesses - not always and it could be because the witnesses have spoken to the media directly. But we also see cases where the police use the media to put pressure on potential suspects.
I wondered about the media pressure possibility - I noticed the police mentioning that they would be remaining in the university a couple of times and thought if there was student involvement this would cause anxiety

According to her friends they'd all had pre drinks at another location. I live about a 10-15 minute drive from the area and it's heavily populated by students so it's likely she went for a party within tbat area.

Seems weird that she wouldn't head back to the party house or another friends' house nearby? When I lived in a student-y area we knew all the neighbours and probably ten other student houses within half a mile that I'd have gone to rather than wait on the streets if I was locked out. Is the area on the other side of the pond populated by students too?

EDIT: to add, it was a Thursday night. Seems unlikely that all her housemates and all the occupants of the party house went out; usually one or two would stay behind and still be awake at midnight.

There's hundreds of comments of people saying there is something 'off' or ' doesn't add up' with this case and the more I think about it ( which I have done since it was first announced) the more I wonder why would a drunk student not actually go into her house. It was one of the coldest night's here then so why didn't she go in ? It makes me think that had she seen or heard an intruder , shocked or scared by this she walks out of her street on to the main road into what she thinks is safe ? Maybe she sat for a while and then went back in hoping that they'd now be gone. After that could an altercation of taken place ? The neighbour who heard the screams and the gate slam could of mistaken it for a car door maybe ?
That would be the only reason I wouldn't enter my home or that if lost my key. I have a niggly feeling that as drunk as reported I don't think she's come to harm by accident of her drunkenness. You wouldn't catch me walking on Bev Rd by myself during the day never mind at night.

Seems weird that she wouldn't head back to the party house or another friends' house nearby? When I lived in a student-y area we knew all the neighbours and probably ten other student houses within half a mile that I'd have gone to rather than wait on the streets if I was locked out. Is the area on the other side of the pond populated by students too?

EDIT: to add, it was a Thursday night. Seems unlikely that all her housemates and all the occupants of the party house went out; usually one or two would stay behind and still be awake at midnight.
Thursdays seem to be the popular night for going out as there's deals and bands mostly on so I reckon the cohort of students would of been out.

There's hundreds of comments of people saying there is something 'off' or ' doesn't add up' with this case and the more I think about it ( which I have done since it was first announced) the more I wonder why would a drunk student not actually go into her house. It was one of the coldest night's here then so why didn't she go in ? It makes me think that had she seen or heard an intruder , shocked or scared by this she walks out of her street on to the main road into what she thinks is safe ? Maybe she sat for a while and then went back in hoping that they'd now be gone. After that could an altercation of taken place ? The neighbour who heard the screams and the gate slam could of mistaken it for a car door maybe ?
That would be the only reason I wouldn't enter my home or that if lost my key. I have a niggly feeling that as drunk as reported I don't think she's come to harm by accident of her drunkenness. You wouldn't catch me walking on Bev Rd by myself during the day never mind at night.

If she'd seen an intruder, you'd expect her to get the driver who stopped to call the police, or for her to have gone into a local pub to ask them to do the same.

I think she's lost her key.

Hope you got your safety issue resolved. Welcome back to WS.

I agree. Things feel off. I also agree about the neighbour witnesses.

Thank you for your kindness!

Yes! My mind keeps jumping to the Karen Buckley case and how the police used the media to put pressure on Alexander Pacteau during the days between his initial interview and later arrest.

Welcome to all the new members!

It's great to have new perspectives especially local ones.

Please read the rules about what we can and can't post, it's sometimes tricky and even some of us who've been here years fall foul but, it means that Websleuth remains victim/victim family friendly and based on facts not rumour/gossip.

Thursdays seem to be the popular night for going out as there's deals and bands mostly on so I reckon the cohort of students would of been out.

Thanks. There's pubs in the Cottingham Road area, right? If I'd been drunk and without my phone and keys I'd have gone somewhere I thought friends would be - so a student house or another pub I knew well.

Seems weird that the police are searching the Oak Road Pond; I can't think of an explanation for that unless there's some evidence we don't know about.

I doubt it was an intruder. Lost keys is much more likely. Just down the road from where she was seen on the bench a Sainsbury's was still open and probably multiple fast food places too. She could have gone in any of those to contact police etc.

I think she had a lot on her mind and was working out what to do.

If she'd seen an intruder, you'd expect her to get the driver who stopped to call the police, or for her to have gone into a local pub to ask them to do the same.

I think she's lost her key.
You would expect so but it's been reported that she got out the taxi in the area of her home so we don't know if it was right outside her door and if the taxi did do that they don't wait until you get get in so he'd of just gone . Taxi drivers have that belif6of " time is money" round here . Not all of them though some are pretty decent and will wait till you get in and turn your light on.

You would expect so but it's been reported that she got out the taxi in the area of her home so we don't know if it was right outside her door and if the taxi did do that they don't wait until you get get in so he'd of just gone . Taxi drivers have that belif6of " time is money" round here . Not all of them though some are pretty decent and will wait till you get in and turn your light on.

There was a report saying she was dropped on her road, presumably close to her house, because her neighbours who lived opposite saw her being dropped off and falling over. I'll find the source. So probably she realised she hadn't got her keys on her.

Here: Missing student Libby Squire was last seen 'falling over drunk'

I meant the bearded man who stopped to ask if she was alright when she was on the bench. If she'd seen an intruder and this scared her enough not to enter the house, the next step would be to get the police. The only reason I can think that she might not is if the house had lots of drugs in, for instance, but that seems unlikely.

I doubt it was an intruder. Lost keys is much more likely. Just down the road from where she was seen on the bench a Sainsbury's was still open and probably multiple fast food places too. She could have gone in any of those to contact police etc.

I think she had a lot on her mind and was working out what to do.
But even to walk up to Sainsbury's or left out of her street she'd know that there are undesirable characters around there .

I meant the bearded man who stopped to ask if she was alright when she was on the bench. If she'd seen an intruder and this scared her enough not to enter the house, the next step would be to get the police. The only reason I can think that she might not is if the house had lots of drugs in, for instance, but that seems unlikely.
Yeah that's a valid point . I suppose he would of been the person to explain this to.

Or didn't take it out in the first place? She didn't have her phone so maybe she didn't take a bag out. No mention of a bag in her description. No appeal from police to look for a bag.
No there's been no mention of a bag but if I'm going out ' casual' I don't take a bag and I tend to see a lot of women not taking bags out with them. A bag will go with a dress if you're dressing up but if you're going casual ie jeans we just tend to put items in our pockets. That's just how it seems to work if you see what I mean.

It looks like each end of Heathcote Street has a house with a wooden gate. The one at the opposite end to Beresford Avenue has it’s rear/ side on Heathcote Street and it’s front on Libby’s Street - Wellesley Avenue. This would be worth a check too I’d imagine.

It looks like each end of Heathcote Street has a house with a wooden gate. The one at the opposite end to Beresford Avenue has it’s rear/ side on Heathcote Street and it’s front on Libby’s Street - Wellesley Avenue. This would be worth a check too I’d imagine.
This is the house we've previously mentioned as it's pretty much straight across the road from the lady who heard the "screams". The house with the garage that says "KEEP OUT" in red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne