Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely agree. I think the MH direction is deemed not relevant at the moment and therefore being steered away from.

As for Corries mother I think trying to get public support while misleading them was a big mistake.

Corrie's case is a huge lesson for us all in how NOT to use social media in a missing person case. There are still people clogging up the page wishing each other a good morning ffs.

I suppose I can only comment from my own experience, which might differ from Libby's, but my reaction would have absolutely been to say I was fine if an unknown male had approached me asking if I was okay. I definitely wouldn't ask for a lift.

I expect what her friends meant about her borrowing phones to call one of her housemates was that she would borrow a fellow student's phone. They might have the numbers saved, or she could use it to message via Facebook.

That's a fair point. Plus if correct it goes to show she still had her wits about her. Current news is that members of the Regional Marine Unit are searching an icy pond near her home.

I'm wondering if Libby's friends would usually get a taxi or walk home, it's just over a mile from Welly. Maybe she went to the bench so she'd see them when they came back. Maybe she felt safer waiting on the main road rather than around her house. Actually, do we even know if she was out with her housemates?

I'm wondering if Libby's friends would usually get a taxi or walk home, it's just over a mile from Welly. Maybe she went to the bench so she'd see them when they came back. Maybe she felt safer waiting on the main road rather than around her house. Actually, do we even know if she was out with her housemates?
She was, her housemate was the girl who put her in a taxi home.

Last edited:
I think Libby will be found in water. I hate to think it, but it seems to be the most common way that young people go missing.
I typed this before refreshing for new posts. I think they will probably find her. Personally, I think an accident in a drunken state is more likely than a murder. Murder is still incredibly rare.

I think Libby will be found in water. I hate to think it, but it seems to be the most common way that young people go missing.

I've just said similar on Daniel's thread. But... if Libby is found in that particular pond (at the end of Beresford Road right next to the river) I will be mighty suspicious. I do not see why on earth Libby would walk down there voluntarily on her own, at night, with no phone/torch, freezing temps, no warm clothes etc. Unless not getting into Welly really did tip her over the edge and it was no accident.

I've just said similar on Daniel's thread. But... if Libby is found in that particular pond (at the end of Beresford Road right next to the river) I will be mighty suspicious. I do not see why on earth Libby would walk down there voluntarily on her own, at night, with no phone/torch, freezing temps, no warm clothes etc. Unless not getting into Welly really did tip her over the edge and it was no accident.
She was extremely drunk and not dressed warmly, so i think there's a good chance that she became hypothermic and increasingly disorientated.

She was extremely drunk and not dressed warmly, so i think there's a good chance that she became hypothermic and increasingly disorientated.

She must have been a lot more than extremely drunk to walk all the way down there, it's not like she could have confused it with all the residential streets nearby. Plus, it would have been absolutely pitch black, silent and scary.

Hey, just joining the discussion after reading up. Heard about this case on national news.

Throwing in some thoughts -

1. don't think it's weird Libby didn't accept help from random strange man. She didn't tell him that she was out alone at night without a phone or keys to her house.

Alternative explanation: she knew she was in a vulnerable position and the guy approaching her made her feel even more vulnerable. So she pretended she was ok.

2. I don't agree that self harm scars are testament to evidence of current state of mental health.

Maybe she self harmed as an early teen. I don't think we can infer from this that she was presently inclined to harm herself or that she was in a suicidal state.

3. There are a lot of people who 'last saw' Libby. And yet none of them know what happened to her. She has vanished from CCTV and no body has been found.

I find it suspicious.

Someone here mentioned Claudia Lawrence. I thought the same thing.

She must have been a lot more than extremely drunk to walk all the way down there, it's not like she could have confused it with all the residential streets nearby. Plus, it would have been absolutely pitch black, silent and scary.
I always remember the case of the young man called Adrian in Jersey. Everyone thought there must have been foul play, but in the end, he had wandered all over the place in a confused, hypothermic state, and had fallen in a reservoir. It was pitch black in the area. I wonder if it could be the same with Libby, although I'm not saying I don't believe it could be foul play. Obviously she was vulnerable to opportunistic predators :-(

Unless I'm unaware that it's already been ruled out, could there be a possibility that Libby wasn't JUST drunk? Perhaps she had also taken drugs. I'm not saying this to try and cause any unnecessary worry or to judge. But how do we know she didn't? Perhaps her friends know but don't want to say anything because they think they'll all be in trouble, either because they gave her the drugs, or were also taking them.

My thoughts re the bench aswell. Possibly locked out, phone was in house. Decided to wait on bench to see housemates or friends returning to nearby streets on foot/ taxi or to nearby bus stop

I always remember the case of the young man called Adrian in Jersey. Everyone thought there must have been foul play, but in the end, he had wandered all over the place in a confused, hypothermic state, and had fallen in a reservoir. It was pitch black in the area. I wonder if it could be the same with Libby, although I'm not saying I don't believe it could be foul play. Obviously she was vulnerable to opportunistic predators :-(

You're right, both things are possible. Horrible, but possible.

I suppose in the foul play scenario there's the slim possibility that she is still alive somewhere. It's harder to imagine that with in the case of an accident.

Oh, Adrian... how many crazy theories did we come up with!! You're right, Occam's Razor and all that.

Unless I'm unaware that it's already been ruled out, could there be a possibility that Libby wasn't JUST drunk? Perhaps she had also taken drugs. I'm not saying this to try and cause any unnecessary worry or to judge. But how do we know she didn't? Perhaps her friends know but don't want to say anything because they think they'll all be in trouble, either because they gave her the drugs, or were also taking them.

What drugs would be relevant, though? I mean, it's possible but unless we're talking about GHB Rohypnol type drug then I'm not sure what difference it would make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535