Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our house to house enquiries are continuing and we are visiting residents to speak to people and take statements as part of this ongoing investigation.

We are supporting Libby’s parents who very bravely issued a statement over the weekend, and we have held press conferences to provide updates.

Can we advise there are no plans to hold any further press conferences today. We are working tirelessly to find Libby and will give any updates on any significant developments when we can.

Thank you again for all your help.

Photographs of Libby Squire - please use | Humberside Police

On behalf of the family of Libby Squire, can we request that these two photographs of Libby are the only ones used from now on in any further appeals to help us find her.

Photographs of Libby Squire - please use | Humberside Police

BBM

Libby%20Squire%20appeal%20new%20pic%20040219.jpg

Libby%20Squire.jpg
I find it very strange how they specifically only want those two photos used. Why is that?

New member here, joined due to keen interest in this case.

After watching the video I can honestly say that I think he was just about to say something along the lines of "the night we had the drinks at my friends house" but he got a bit muddled and also wanted to clarify that was the night she went missing. Unless I'm mistaken, up to the point of that interview being published online there had been no other mention of Libby having pre-drinks at a house party before going to the Welly so the lad may have just been trying to point out that they were at a friend's house before the club. I also think his body language is just that of someone in a state of disbelief who's probably never been on camera for something so public and important before. I noticed he seems to almost giggle as he's speaking once or twice but, as someone with severe anxiety, I can say that I've been in situations where I've ended up giggling inappropriately due to the intense stress and how I couldn't believe what was happening.
In conclusion I highly doubt this boy has anything to do with the disappearance other than having crippling regret that he could probably have done more that night to look after Libby.
Definitely more than likely the case

That's a bit odd, why only those two? Neither are particularly clear. The best I've seen is in post #313
Hiya, I reckon it's because they provide a good likeness and she is the only person in the photos. The ones that her best friend published aren't as clear and people on Twitter commented asking which one was Libby. Best to have clear photos of Libby's face and keep it simple.

Possibly because these ones don’t show the apparent cutting marks on her legs and arms visible in other photos?
I did see a photo of her in an article where I think her hair was up and she was wearing a formal black dress I immediately noticed what I thought to be self-harm scars on her left arm. I even showed my partner and he wasn't sure as the photo wasn't very clear but I thought it was pretty apparent. Are there other photos which seem to confirm she is/was previously self-harming?

I did see a photo of her in an article where I think her hair was up and she was wearing a formal black dress I immediately noticed what I thought to be self-harm scars on her left arm. I even showed my partner and he wasn't sure as the photo wasn't very clear but I thought it was pretty apparent. Are there other photos which seem to confirm she is/was previously self-harming?
Yes, I’ve seen 2 others online, where she is wearing a short black skirt and her legs are visible. <modsnipped references information from family social media>

Last edited by a moderator:
New member here, joined due to keen interest in this case.

After watching the video I can honestly say that I think he was just about to say something along the lines of "the night we had the drinks at my friends house" but he got a bit muddled and also wanted to clarify that was the night she went missing. Unless I'm mistaken, up to the point of that interview being published online there had been no other mention of Libby having pre-drinks at a house party before going to the Welly so the lad may have just been trying to point out that they were at a friend's house before the club. I also think his body language is just that of someone in a state of disbelief who's probably never been on camera for something so public and important before. I noticed he seems to almost giggle as he's speaking once or twice but, as someone with severe anxiety, I can say that I've been in situations where I've ended up giggling inappropriately due to the intense stress and how I couldn't believe what was happening.
In conclusion I highly doubt this boy has anything to do with the disappearance other than having crippling regret that he could probably have done more that night to look after Libby.

A warm welcome to Websleuths Sera!

For anyone who hasn't been on Google Maps.
Screenshot_20190205-110402.png This first image shows Libby's front door - the black double doors next to the white door.
Screenshot_20190205-110436.png Standing in almost the same spot but turning around, this road you can see is the street which a woman claims to have heard the "blood curdling screams" around forty minutes after Libby was on the bench and then the sound of low voices and a wooden gate or door slamming.
Screenshot_20190205-110503.png Just down this road on the right, there is a garage door, large wooden gate and small wooden gate. From what I've read in various articles, I believe the woman who claims she heard screams lives almost directly across the road or only a short distance down the road from these gates.

At this point we cannot 100% believe what the woman says she heard as the police are yet to take a statement or release any information that confirms multiple reports of a scream. But if she is to be believed, I would argue that the house on the corner, the garage and gardens need to be thoroughly searched for evidence.

Yes, I’ve seen 2 others online, where she is wearing a short black skirt and her legs are visible.<modsnipped>
I find it odd that the police would not mention that Libby did or does still have mental health issues. I feel this is incredibly important to the case. I have a suspicion that the family have requested these details are not released. I also have a strong feeling that the family were well aware that Libby had poor mental health and a low tolerance for alcohol and that a combination of the two have been cause for concern before she went missing. As awful as it sounds, I have a feeling that they think it's possible that Libby has either intentionally or unintentionally severely or fatally injured herself yet they don't want to believe that she would do such a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it odd that the police would not mention that Libby did or does still have mental health issues. I feel this is incredibly important to the case. I have a suspicion that the family have requested these details are not released. I also have a strong feeling that the family were well aware that Libby had poor mental health and a low tolerance for alcohol and that a combination of the two have been cause for concern before she went missing. As awful as it sounds, I have a feeling that they think it's possible that Libby has either intentionally or unintentionally severely or fatally injured herself yet they don't want to believe that she would do such a thing.
Agree. Or, to give a different viewpoint, perhaps they have reason to strongly suspect that Libby has been a victim of foul play and don’t want the public to get distracted by that avenue of thought/ write the case off as voluntarily missing or potential self harm

Thank you for the warm welcomes!

This case interests me greatly as it's so close to home personally. I'm only a couple of years older than Libby and have mental health issues myself. I also had problems with drinking at her age. I have been in similar situations to what happened to her that night and hoping that she is found safe and well as there have been occasions where I wasn't and I'm lucky to still be here. Definitely rooting for Libby to be found safe and shaken up rather than any other scenario.

I'm thinking her drunkenness played a greater part than her mental health, I'll be so surprised if it turns out to be suicide. Think I'm swayed by the scream/bang situation though and the fact she's not been found in the water. She must have been pretty hammered to have not been able to play sober for a minute and get past the bouncers at Welly.

And I agree with Stella that the family/police don't want to the search to be distracted by rumours and MH concerns, we've had this happen many times, most notably with Corrie McKeague. His mum denied it until she was blue in the face, and actually, while I don't think it played a part in his case, her denial in the face of evidence was a massive distraction.

For anyone who hasn't been on Google Maps.
View attachment 167525 This first image shows Libby's front door - the black double doors next to the white door.
View attachment 167526 Standing in almost the same spot but turning around, this road you can see is the street which a woman claims to have heard the "blood curdling screams" around forty minutes after Libby was on the bench and then the sound of low voices and a wooden gate or door slamming.
View attachment 167527 Just down this road on the right, there is a garage door, large wooden gate and small wooden gate. From what I've read in various articles, I believe the woman who claims she heard screams lives almost directly across the road or only a short distance down the road from these gates.

At this point we cannot 100% believe what the woman says she heard as the police are yet to take a statement or release any information that confirms multiple reports of a scream. But if she is to be believed, I would argue that the house on the corner, the garage and gardens need to be thoroughly searched for evidence.
I believe this advert on student.com may be the house in question 4 bed student accommodation in Hull - Heathcote Street - StuRents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gypsy0147