Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at some point Libby left the bench in order to head home, probably to see if her housemates were back from the club. It's likely she headed down Beresford Avenue, then took a left into Heathcote Street. If the neighbour is correct in hearing a distressed female scream, then male voices (presumably 2 or more) is it possible that Libby was abducted in this road? Could the door the neighbour heard slam be a car or van door? I hope this is not the case but it's a possibility if the neighbour is to be believed.

Yes I think it's a possibility. Also possible that she is being held (or was held) in one of the neighbouring houses since the woman thought the sound might have been a gate or door slamming.

I'm a bit cynical of people who go running to the paper during an active police search. They could be giving away vital information and/or spreading panic.

If the police haven't been to take a statement yet it could be because they've had lots of calls - they have to look into each report individually which all takes time. It could also be that they're focusing on something else.

I personally don't believe this woman. She was reading in bed at 12.45am? I guess, if she was having trouble sleeping. But nobody else seems to have heard this supposed scream. If it was that loud, it should have been heard by other people too. And I know most people are asleep at that time, but the majority of students will probably still be awake then (those who had stayed in rather than gone out) and there would have been plenty of students still walking around on their way to and from clubs.

I'm inclined to believe, if there was a scream, that it was unrelated.
MOO.

Ot but I am remembering a woman a few years ago who went missing on a walk, and was only found months later, less than 1/4 mile from home...she had collapsed, stroke or heart attack. And another who was not found on her land for a year...you just never know. But I had thought Libby would be found by now due to the excellent response by UK police in this and similar cases. They seem to take them seriously much quicker than in the US, jmo...

Maybe the scream WAS heard by other people who contacted police. Maybe this particular women didn't receive a visit because police had already talked someone else.

That's very possible, especially since the woman interviewed said she reported it to police on Saturday evening. More concerned / attentive neighbors may have reported it on Friday or earlier on Saturday--as soon as they became aware there was a missing young woman. MOO.

I agree with you. It is shocking I don’t understand not calling the police straight away. What is happening in society where some people can’t be bothered looking out for others in danger?
I used to live on a main road near a pub, not a student area but it would often be noisy at the weekend. I honestly don't think I would have rung the police in a similar situation and I'm pretty public spirited. IMO people don't tend to think the worst, a scream is drunk students messing around, a drunk girl is someone who'll have a headache in the morning, these happen day in day out and it's only with hindsight that in this case sadly they have significance.

JMO

I really hope there's some sort of breakthrough soon. The media spotlight will fade at some point and police resources will unfortunately get reduced as plausible directions are exhausted.

Hopefully the student community can keep the pressure on.

I would tend to believe the lady who reported hearing a woman’s scream. I have two kids and since having them I would quite often find myself reading between 12-1 in the morning, a combination of being woke up by one of them and also being a lighter sleeper. This case reminds me of a local case around 15 years ago. A young woman with a history of mental illness left a nightclub and got into a taxi. No further sightings. An anonymous caller tipped police off that she was in the back bedroom of a local student house. I have a feeling unfortunately this case will be similar. I agree with the posters who noticed some odd body language in the interactions with the press from local student involved in the search. On Heathcote Street, aswell as the garage doors, there is at least one set of wooden gates near the corner leading to the rear entrance of a house.

Map in DailyMail (click to enlarge) Neighbour tells of hearing a terrified woman's scream at the time Libby went missing | Daily Mail Online

9391136-0-image-a-6_1549317740100.jpg

Anyone notice the interview posted online with a student talking about Libby where it sounds like he says ‘the night we had the...’ then quickly interjects with ‘missing.’ Can’t help but wondering if he was going to say something else...like accident? Could definitely be camera nerves also but the body language and terminology stood out for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone notice the interview posted online with a student talking about Libby where it sounds like he says ‘the night she had the...’ then quickly interjects with ‘missing.’ Can’t help but wondering if he was going to say something else...like accident? Could definitely be camera nerves also but the body language and terminology stood out for me

New member here, joined due to keen interest in this case.

After watching the video I can honestly say that I think he was just about to say something along the lines of "the night we had the drinks at my friends house" but he got a bit muddled and also wanted to clarify that was the night she went missing. Unless I'm mistaken, up to the point of that interview being published online there had been no other mention of Libby having pre-drinks at a house party before going to the Welly so the lad may have just been trying to point out that they were at a friend's house before the club. I also think his body language is just that of someone in a state of disbelief who's probably never been on camera for something so public and important before. I noticed he seems to almost giggle as he's speaking once or twice but, as someone with severe anxiety, I can say that I've been in situations where I've ended up giggling inappropriately due to the intense stress and how I couldn't believe what was happening.
In conclusion I highly doubt this boy has anything to do with the disappearance other than having crippling regret that he could probably have done more that night to look after Libby.

Anyone notice the interview posted online with a student talking about Libby where it sounds like he says ‘the night she had the...’ then quickly interjects with ‘missing.’ Can’t help but wondering if he was going to say something else...like accident? Could definitely be camera nerves also but the body language and terminology stood out for me

He says "the night we, er, we had the, she went missing, we had the drinks at my friends house"

1:24
Video: Friend of Libby Squire speaks on the last time he saw her | Daily Mail Online

Our searches are ongoing again today for 21-year-old Libby who’s originally from High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire.

Hundreds of students, University of Hull staff as well as members of the public have been helping our officers since she was reported as missing.

We have received hundreds of calls from members of the public offering information and their assistance, and we are extremely grateful for everyone’s help so far.

Press%20coference%20Jan%204.jpg

Photographs of Libby Squire - please use | Humberside Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members