Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think some of the info in this case may have come from dash cameras or eye witness accounts from other drivers passing the bench. I cannot find a camera on streetview that is trained on to the bench.
I was thinking how specific the info was with regards to the model of silver car and grey-haired motorist that was seen stopping. I thought that somebody has either very good recollection about a situation they felt uneasy about OR there is dashcam footage.
If you look across the street the store(s) appear to have cameras in their doorways

I'm an uninformed American (haha), how far away is Bournemouth from where Libby was last seen?

Miles, probably 200-300?? Anyway, Katie has turned up ok. Not connected. Off topic but it always amuses me how different nations have different views of how far "far" is - 200 miles seems like a LONG way on this little island!

12.09 is a very precise time, which would indicate that she's been seen on CCTV somewhere. The police are not saying where this last sighting is though, keeping their cards close to their chests for now.
I took that to mean that maybe the location doesn't have constant camera monitoring, so perhaps a camera caught view of her a few times after 11:40, but then at 12:09, a camera sees the spot, but she's not there. So she could have been there up to 12:09, but there are certain she was not there at 12:09 and after.

I’m pretty sure there will be cameras at the junction by the Haworth pub and from the shops across the street. There used to be a Sainsbury’s there. It’s a busy junction. I would assume that Libby is seen from those and probably not seen going back to Beresford Avenue, hence the focus on Haworth street. If she went further down Haworth street it’s going towards uni and I believe the gardeners arms.

When I spent time there all the streets looked the same and it’s run down.

Do we have any locals here? Local knowledge is invaluable!

Thought 1 - IF Libby had ended up in the waterway at the rear? Of her street - do you think she would've been found by now?

Thought 2 - IF Libby was suffering from Hypothermia ... parodoxical undressing - the clothes often come off before the crawling into small spaces, right? So discarded clothing would hopefully of been spotted ...

All the sightings of her seem to be in a fairly small space, we're not talking miles ... the police force there seem to be on the ball and jumped into action rapidly and with clear purpose (if only Gaia Pope had been so lucky!) ... and yet ... 4 days and still nothing.

Do we have any locals here? Local knowledge is invaluable!

Thought 1 - IF Libby had ended up in the waterway at the rear? Of her street - do you think she would've been found by now?

Thought 2 - IF Libby was suffering from Hypothermia ... parodoxical undressing - the clothes often come off before the crawling into small spaces, right? So discarded clothing would hopefully of been spotted ...

All the sightings of her seem to be in a fairly small space, we're not talking miles ... the police force there seem to be on the ball and jumped into action rapidly and with clear purpose (if only Gaia Pope had been so lucky!) ... and yet ... 4 days and still nothing.

Gaia went missing in an area with lots of open spaces, not in the middle of a built-up area, so I would really have thought that Libby would have been found by now if this was a case of hypothermia?

So is it possible that Libby didn't go down Beresford Ave as was said before, and that a car did pick her up from the bench by the bus stop? I would think that street with the bus stop would be a better place to encounter someone in a car than Beresford, and if there aren't security cameras on houses down Beresford and the only camera footage for the bus stop is from dashcams, then it might be a case of the bus seeing Libby at 11.40, and then the next time a car with a cam that's contacted police has gone by is 12.09 and she's not seen on that footage, then LE would have the conundrum of whether she walked off or was she picked up by a car?

Map and times of Libby's last known movements

1_libby-squire-map-updated.jpg

I think, they keep searching and they will find her. She was barely able to walk, she didn't go far. Sad to think but she's probably in a concealed spot somewhere close by or in water.

At this point I believe the best we can hope for is a Jayme Closs type resolution following an abduction scenario. Which is a pretty awful thing to hope for and highly unlikely.

Police say they’ve now got a more precise timeline of Libby Squire’s movements on Thursday night - and they’re keeping an open mind as to what happened to her.

Chief Superintendent Phill Wards’s been updating the press in the last hour:

Viking FM News on Twitter

(Video at link)

What does "open mind" mean, though? That they haven't got a clue so everything is on the table?

If you follow Haworth street all the way to the gardeners arms there’s a shop with what appears to be CCTV. There’s also more shops down there so there should be some cameras. If she’s not been picked up on that then IMO she’s still around Haworth street or she’s exited via a vehicle.

If she went back towards wellesby Avenue then the water is a possibility but I’ve no idea on depth or how easy it is to access. I didn’t even know it was there.

I think, they keep searching and they will find her. She was barely able to walk, she didn't go far. Sad to think but she's probably in a concealed spot somewhere close by or in water.
Couldn't agree more. Most children who wander off are found less than a mile from where they were last seen. She was incapacitated with alcohol.

Gaia went missing in an area with lots of open spaces, not in the middle of a built-up area, so I would really have thought that Libby would have been found by now if this was a case of hypothermia?

So is it possible that Libby didn't go down Beresford Ave as was said before, and that a car did pick her up from the bench by the bus stop? I would think that street with the bus stop would be a better place to encounter someone in a car than Beresford, and if there aren't security cameras on houses down Beresford and the only camera footage for the bus stop is from dashcams, then it might be a case of the bus seeing Libby at 11.40, and then the next time a car with a cam that's contacted police has gone by is 12.09 and she's not seen on that footage, then LE would have the conundrum of whether she walked off or was she picked up by a car?

This is what I'm thinking currently. The Police remain in the immediate area Libby was last seen which tells me they have nothing else to go on to move elsewhere.

4 days in and still undiscovered would be unusual/unlikely but we know its happened before. I guess being in a house/building is possible but I would think by now Police have searched all/most buildings in the immediate area. Sadly with this much time now passed I can only fear the worse whatever happened to her at the bench :(

Miles, probably 200-300?? Anyway, Katie has turned up ok. Not connected. Off topic but it always amuses me how different nations have different views of how far "far" is - 200 miles seems like a LONG way on this little island!
200 miles seems pretty far in my mind too. My drive to work is 60 miles, and I wouldn't imagine crimes happening even that distance apart, let alone 3+ times that distance apart would be likely to be related (which was why I asked the distance, before I knew Katie had been safely located). I just don't know where any cities are in relation to each other there, so I didn't know if it was 10 miles or 100. Thanks!

A neighbour claims to have heard a woman’s “blood curdling” screams the night Libby Squire vanished.

The mum-of-two says she was reading in bed when she heard the panicked cry of a woman in the street outside.

Libby was last seen sitting on a bench in Hull, East Yorkshire on Thursday at 11.45pm, less than 100 yards away.

Libby Squire's neighbour claims to have heard a woman’s "blood curdling" screams

This is not good at all.

A neighbour claims to have heard a woman’s “blood curdling” screams the night Libby Squire vanished.

The mum-of-two says she was reading in bed when she heard the panicked cry of a woman in the street outside.

Libby was last seen sitting on a bench in Hull, East Yorkshire on Thursday at 11.45pm, less than 100 yards away.

Libby Squire's neighbour claims to have heard a woman’s "blood curdling" screams

This is not good at all.

Christ that sounds very bad. No mention of looking out the window at least? You'd think that'd be the least one would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman