Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ty for all the updates.

“Tools and a lip gloss were recovered yesterday in the area Libby was last seen. These items are not connected to this investigation and at this time there isn’t any link.

“There has also been speculation around a car purporting to be a taxi driving around the area. Again, this is not part of the investigation and there have been no reports made to police of this nature.

“I would continue to ask people to please come forward with any information they have, no matter how insignificant or small they feel it may be. It could prove to be vital to the investigation and in finding Libby.

“There are additional officers on patrol in the areas who you can pass any information on to, or provide them with details you have, or please call us on 101, quoting log number 29 of 1 February 2019.”

Update: Fourth day of Libby Squire investigation - new picture | Humberside Police

Bbm

For those of you that have been spending some time on google maps: has anybody managed to pin down the location of any CCTV cameras on streetview?
... I’m coming up a bit empty.
From Hull council website, the official city cameras seem a bit sparse:
upload_2019-2-4_12-21-0.png
The blue icons are city cctv cams and the small blue and red bullseye icon near the bend in the waterway is 15 Wellesley Ave

Last edited:
View attachment 167359

Police investigators took away a lipgloss and screwdriver in evidence bags after they continued searching for the 21-year-old today

View attachment 167360

Police investigators took away a lipgloss and screwdriver in evidence bags. The lipgloss has the words 'sexy mother pucker' the top

View attachment 167361

Police scenes of crime officers in Hull search for Libby Squire, February 3rd 2019. The CSI team were searching a spot near to where Libby was last scene

View attachment 167362

Forensic investigators have been searching the area Libby Squire was last seen. The Coastguard have also been assisting the search

View attachment 167363

A bench, pictured this morning, on the junction of Beverley Road and Haworth Street where Libby Squire was later seen

Hundreds of students join hunt for missing woman, 21, last seen leaving a taxi after night out | Daily Mail Online
It wonder if any of her flat mates would be able to identify that lip gloss as a product Libby used?

Just caught up and read LemonMint's summary and might be me reading too much into it but this part worries me:

• She is then seen on CCTV on Beverley Road at 11.40pm, and seen near to a bench close to the bus stop and junction with Haworth Street, when a motorist stops and offers her help
  • She may have been in this area until around 12.09am, and police are now continuing searches in and around the neighbouring roads and streets as well as viewing further CCTV footage
If the CCTV sees her on/near the bench at 11:40pm surely it also sees at least which way she went or whether she got into a vehicle?

Then it says may have been in this area until 12:09am (very precise). Again wouldn't the 11:40pm CCTV see her?

Hopefully Humberside Police are just holding back info they have.

Just caught up and read LemonMint's summary and might be me reading too much into it but this part worries me:

• She is then seen on CCTV on Beverley Road at 11.40pm, and seen near to a bench close to the bus stop and junction with Haworth Street, when a motorist stops and offers her help
  • She may have been in this area until around 12.09am, and police are now continuing searches in and around the neighbouring roads and streets as well as viewing further CCTV footage
If the CCTV sees her on/near the bench at 11:40pm surely it also sees at least which way she went or whether she got into a vehicle?

Then it says may have been in this area until 12:09am (very precise). Again wouldn't the 11:40pm CCTV see her?

Hopefully Humberside Police are just holding back info they have.

12.09 is a very precise time, which would indicate that she's been seen on CCTV somewhere. The police are not saying where this last sighting is though, keeping their cards close to their chests for now.

Yes, I think some of the info in this case may have come from dash cameras or eye witness accounts from other drivers passing the bench. I cannot find a camera on streetview that is trained on to the bench.
I was thinking how specific the info was with regards to the model of silver car and grey-haired motorist that was seen stopping. I thought that somebody has either very good recollection about a situation they felt uneasy about OR there is dashcam footage.

I'm not sure if there would be buses that late during the week? I do know many taxis have dashcams/cameras and I'm sure many would be travelling up and down Beverley Road that evening.
The latest bus I can find leaves the town center at 11.30pm on a Thursday, and passes the bus-stop next to the bench at 11.41. So footage from the bus may have been responsible for pin-pointing her arrival at the bench.

Last edited:
Had to shut myself in the bathroom to watch the police announcement with the sound on ...

My brain is mulling 100 miles an hour the last few seconds - "do you believe she's been abducted?" Then a very swift exit ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn