Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If his sister is admitting to the media that Libby was in the car, presumably that's what he's telling the police too. That would make him the last person to see her alive - would that be enough for the extension? If he's still pleading innocence, he must be claiming that Libby got out again at some point and that he left her alive and well. Could the police apply for an extension to check out his version of events?

I would say the key piece of information is that he is (currently understood) to be the last person to have seen her alive. I know CPS will not allow extension of time to interview on anything less than a pretty solid case.

Thanks Harmony. Been waiting since 9am for the thread to open but now I've forgotten what I was going to say!

Anyway, police still searching playing fields and most of the new articles in the media are just a rehash of what we already know.

Ditto! I had a theory in my mind after a good night's sleep. I've forgotten it now....

EDIT: I forget the finer details now (aagh) but it was along the lines of: I suggested a few times yesterday that the man in custody could be innocent. Could something have gone wrong and she fell into the river? He knows this, and panics and doesn't make the right call? Could it not have been murder but perhaps she wanted a pee, got confused and ran off with him in pursuit (for whatever reason). Not sure how the car falls into this... could it be that she wasnt coherent when she wanted a lift, was in the car and then he found out she lived there once the address was in the satnav? Then she got out and ran off or away with him in pursuit. Could it just be a series of events that went horribly wrong and the man in question did not make the right call?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my opinion but the fact the suspect nor his wife (assuming she knew he'd met Libby that night) never got in touch with the police when there's absolutely no way they'd not heard about her disappearance by that point just screams guilt to me. JMO.

Really want to know who/what led the police to believe suspect is involved. Frustrates me that it took a pretty much a week to make an arrest. I'm assuming they didn't figure it out from CCTV which leads me to believe someone tipped them off - but who, when everyone in the MSM seems to be going on about how he's such a great guy?

Do we know for sure that he didn't go to the police - maybe he did and we haven't been told just a thought.

I'm surprised he hasn't broke by now - if what his friends and family said are true that he is a decent fella and we believe what his FB protrays about him - a proud husband and Dad then that leads me to believe that he wouldn't last a minute under interegation. JMO

That said it sounds like the Police must have something on him and are convinced he is guilty - if it turns out he is innocent or even if they can't prove anything there is going to be an outcry now as his name is all over SM.

I do think something happened in his car but she may just have ran off and ended up in that river

@#241

Yes, there look like two entrances to the park that could be accessed by vehicles but are gated: one on Oak Road closest to the splash park (the one you mention) and one from the rear of adjacent car park. They look solid and metal so not easily breached to allow a car onto the park.

It's none of them on my photo, new image I posted just now so it's much clearer to see where I am meaning. I know of the kids play areas but this lake is south of those.

Is that what looks like a sort of downward pointing arrow of water? Deep within trees? I don't know the area but think I can see what you are referring to zooming on google maps(or maybe not!)

I would say the key piece of information is that he is (currently understood) to be the last person to have seen her alive. I know CPS will not allow extension of time to interview on anything less than a pretty solid case.
Assuming this is true, that both are saying that he did have her in the car that night. The other important point is that while the whole area was mobilized to search for this girl, he did not come forward. @Atoz had it early on: police seemed to have something right away that suggested to them this was foul play: They called out an army of resources overnight.

Is that what looks like a sort of downward pointing arrow of water? Deep within trees? I don't know the area but think I can see what you are referring to zooming on google maps(or maybe not!)

It looks like it is on the site of the 'Croda' facility which, from their website, deals with 'oleotechnology' so I infer they process fats and oils for various products and purposes. I can only imagine what polutants might be lurking in that small body of water.

Perhaps he was doing some illegal taxi work .... she would get in a taxi , he would need a postcode .... can’t tell police as he’s an unregistered taxi just trying to earn a bit more money with a new baby

I'd rather tell on myself about illegal work than have to endure this kind of attention. But you're correct, it's possible.

Edited type.

Perhaps he was doing some illegal taxi work .... she would get in a taxi , he would need a postcode .... can’t tell police as he’s an unregistered taxi just trying to earn a bit more money with a new baby
The other thing that might explain not coming forward is language. He may not listen to or read local media and focuses on native language social media for news. A little bit of a stretch considering the hundreds of police around; i.e. at some point you might ask "what's that all about?" but perhaps.

For his sister to provide the account of Libby getting into the car, it means PR MUST have spoken to her about it prior to the police arrest, maybe as a way of covering his tracks or creating a cover story with a trusted family member knowing there was a huge likelihood he would eventually be linked to her disappearance. If he didn't spontaneously go to the police with his story then that speaks volumes.

OR the wife has told the sister.

If he’s innocent...

Interesting point. It would be good to know if his English is fluent. An interaction between someone who is intoxicated and upset and someone with an accent and limited English language could be challenging/ lead to miscommunication.

I had wondered that too - it could well lead to miscommunication and adds up with my theory I posted a while ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member