Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right I've just watched the cctv umpteen times. It's low quality but it looks to me like he was moving something into his car or there was a scuffle of some sort. He seems to stop what he is doing and leans against the door casually when the car and bike go by as though he is hiding something.

I'm not seeing wellies or bare legs. The bad lighting on cctv at night easily makes a pair of jeans look like bare legs.

the police must surely have something on him, the courts dont just give extensions on a hunch ? JMO

This is the same thing that happened in the watts case

They can hold him on abduction. I am sure they have more than enough for that

The extension is sadly just time to find the body so they can charge murder

In watts they were fortunate they made a breakthrough on the body.

Seeing as the guy doesn't probably have Oscar pistorius style lawyers he isn't getting out any time soon

I just found this on youtube:
... really interesting. It's about illegal minicab drivers parking around high-client areas and touting for fares. Although it's based in London, we have heard on this case that it's a practice reported in Hull. Closing time at nearby pub...perfect time to tout for fares and smoke a cigarette while you wait...
The other car shown in the ITV clip may have been another minicab driver that had just collected a fare...

Right I've just watched the cctv umpteen times. It's low quality but it looks to me like he was moving something into his car or there was a scuffle of some sort. He seems to stop what he is doing and leans against the door casually when the car and bike go by as though he is hiding something.

I'm not seeing wellies or bare legs. The bad lighting on cctv at night easily makes a pair of jeans look like bare legs.
Thanks for this. I'm not sure if I want to watch it anymore but I'm grateful of your insight.

Could it be he was in the area kerb crawling?
(Sorry if that offends anyone and I am not suggesting that Libby was involved in any way whatsoever in that sort of thing)

it has crossed my mind that having a new baby probably means there isn't much in the bed activity at home iyswim, so could be possible. But something was placed in the car IMO. Drugs, to make extra money?? JMO

Nothing very firm in that clip.....

If that is the sum total of what they have....then good luck trying to prosecute anyone for anything based on that footage!

The only crime i can see on that video is a fashion crime as someone appears to be wearing wellington boots!,

The club was the "welly" club....now there is a creepy coincidence.....the conspiracy theorists will be licking their lips at this one.

Nothing very firm in that clip.....

If that is the sum total of what they have....then good luck trying to prosecute anyone for anything based on that footage!

The only crime i can see on that video is a fashion crime as someone appears to be wearing wellington boots!,

The club was the "welly" club....now there is a creepy coincidence.....the conspiracy theorists will be licking their lips at this one.
This can't be all they have, as this alone wouldn't have led them to their suspect. This is just what they have released to the public.

I've watched the CCTV footage frame by frame at full brightness like ten times now and I 100% think that's a person getting into the passenger seat.

Same here. You can see a bum and legs going in. I'm really not sure how people are seeing an object put in. I think you can even just make out the seat belt being pulled across.

I think some of you are going off track a little with regards to his behaviour.

Here's my train of thought...

His own mother seems to suspect he may have been moonlighting as an unlicensed taxi diver - an offence.

The side street he was parked up in is one of the few spots in that part of Beverley Road you'd be able to pull into. He was smoking a *advertiser censored* and hoping for some passing custom from the pubgoers. Haworth Arms is literally just a few yards around the corner, and there are other pubs like Gardener's Arms in the vicinity too. A lot of students in particular would be looking for a taxi to get home to their student digs on a night out.

It's pretty much a dead cert to me that he was touting for business. He'd probably been sat there innocently enough until he saw or heard Libby crying on the bench just a few yards round the corner. He smoked his *advertiser censored* and went to investigate. It is probably her we see getting into the passenger side. He assists by opening the door and guiding them in, but they're clearly not unconscious. They slip in easily enough, with a bit of a bump, and you can see them bounce slightly as they hit the seat.

The question is how he convinced her to follow him to the car. Maybe he played the whole "See, that other guy who pulled over could've been a monster, you really can't stay here. Let me take you somewhere safe."

I am betting on it not being premeditated in any way prior to him spotting her. It was just opportunism. He was angling for business in a convenient place. He stumbled into her and could see she was in a pretty sorry state. Maybe he just planned on helping. Maybe not. Perhaps even at the point in the footage we see her getting into the car, he still had no ill intent. The question really seems to be what happened between the point of him picking her up and her going missing. Did she have second thoughts? Did he try it on? Did she? Did he say something that creeped her out? Where did he take her? Why? Is that the point at which she realised something was wrong? Did they return to her address or head straight somewhere else?

Based on the CCTV footage here it's pretty clear to me the series of events that led up to her being picked up. It's what comes afterwards that remains a total mystery.

Last edited:
Or he's just saying No Comment to every question

They will be trying to break him or find the body.

But he will have counsel. So mainly they are just looking for the body.

I also click my keys a few times, but in this case I believe it was either a signal to someone or it was to unlock all the doors and then more clicks to release the trunk. I don’t think you can see the passenger side from underneath the car to see feet etc on the other side.

I've just watched the video on a big screen. My thoughts:

1) He is wearing long socks, not wellys. The foot bent over on the still shot at the beginning is too bendy for a welly. Its a shoe with a sock.
2) I see his bare knee and bear leg above the sock when he is sat down
3) When he sits down and stands up I see shorts. Clearly I can see shorts. Definitely shorts. (wasn't there mention of a man wearing the wrong type of clothing for the weather running??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patuniapicklebottoms