Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO Libby did not have anything with her that would need to be thrown into the passenger seat of footwell of a car, as we know she didn't have keys or a phone imo it's probable that any money she had or had had earlier in the evening was in a pocket or small purse in a pocket.

I'm not convinced the person/object going into the passenger seat is her. I dont have another theory yet so interested to hear what everyone else thinks

I agree with you

IMHO Libby did not have anything with her that would need to be thrown into the passenger seat of footwell of a car, as we know she didn't have keys or a phone imo it's probable that any money she had or had had earlier in the evening was in a pocket or small purse in a pocket.

I'm not convinced the person/object going into the passenger seat is her. I dont have another theory yet so interested to hear what everyone else thinks
This not having keys has changed from being a guess to a fact. We still don't know whether she had her keys or not, but it seems logical that she probably didn't.

Hi there, new here :) have kept up with a few threads over the last year or so but never posted!

I honestly don't know what to think of all this...I can't help but think that if he isn't personally responsible for Libbys disappearance, then he is at least involved in some capacity (JMO!)

There was a report from the night of Libbys disappearance of a woman being chased along Newland Avenue by a man in a balaclava, and a 'taxi' swerved in front of her - turns out it wasn't a real taxi but she managed to get away. Now with the mother of the man in for questioning coming out and saying she wasn't aware he was a part-time taxi driver...? Maybe I am just putting 2 and 2 together, but seems strangely coincidental... could this possibly be the same car involved in the earlier incident on Newland Avenue, and there could therefore also another person involved? Could of course just be a very eerie coincidence!

I do think for the car in the CCTV to be parked just metres away from the bench at which Libby was last sighted and then to leave at the time at the end of the police timeframe is very telling. Why would somebody sit in their car (with door open) for a few minutes having a cigarette/on their phone, then wander away only to reappear a couple minutes later on one of the coldest nights of the year?

Anyway sorry for my ramblings, just thinking out loud really.

I think the cyclist in the video looks like he's wearing a Balaclava!

I've taken taxis in London, and never had a driver open the door for me, nor did I ever sit in the front passenger seat.
However I wondered whether it may be different in a small town. Is it possible that Libby has had a ride with this guy before, and they recognized each other?
I live in Surrey and often sit in the front passenger seat of a taxi, especially if I'm on my own. Remember that Libby had over-indulged and, in that state, logic and sensibility doesn't always prevail.

Who said she paid?

We know she left her mobile at home so she can't get in touch with anyone. Presumably her house was empty with nobody else home. We suspect she was locked out of the house. Maybe she lost her keys or maybe she left them deliberately, expecting to return with a housemate who would let them both in. That would seem to be a reasonable explanation for her crying. She didn't know what to do and was trapped in the cold but wary of accepting any help from people she didn't instinctively trust.

Maybe he has had a short conversation with her, perhaps more than once which would explain the to-ing and fro-ing from the car to the street corner where she was sat. He had come to understand her predicament, warned her of the dangers of sitting alone in a bench on a cold night, and offered either to return her to Welly club in search of a friend, drop her at a mate's house, see if he can help her get into her own house somehow, or else just drive or loiter about someplace, pass some time off until a housemate got back home.
I agree completely. He had no idea where she lived. The sister's story- which presumably came from him, makes no sense.

Question: Is it customary in the UK for a taxi driver to open the car door for you, and for a fare to sit in the front passenger seat?

This may have been answered I am playing catch up

No very unusual for taxi drivers to open door - If you had shopping or had cases yes they'd help you and possibly open door but not a pick up like this.

Woman rarely sit in front seat unless there is more than 3 getting in - a man would prob sit in front seat unless he wasn't in mood woth small talk with driver

I can't work out where this car is parked in relation to the bench. Would he have been able to see the bench from his smoking position do we know?
I am convinced that what I'm seeing is the driver smoking whilst waiting for his moment, leaving, then returning to his car, opening the passenger door, chucking something into the footwell then plonking a woman onto the passenger seat. If this is Libby, I don't think she was fully conscious. He could have whacked her over the head before quickly carrying her to his car, leaning her up against it whilst opening the door, throwing something in first (weapon?) then his victim.

Regarding the shorts, and I agree it’s definitely shorts (or boxer shorts!) - possibly returning home after a late night gym/MMA session?

Someone suggested his work shifts would end at 6pm. So entirely plausible that he’d get home from work, food and see the kids to bed, then back out to the gym once they’re all asleep.

Just struggling to imagine anyone looking for illegal taxi work setting out in shorts, especially in recent weather

By now I've normally got a lot of theories swimming around but in this instance.. I'm stumped. Admittedly I'm only watching the cctv on my phone but I really can't see the majority of what others are seeing. Sure, the behaviour is a bit odd if we take it the care doesn't belong to a resident of the street but I just can't see the bundling a body in the car happening out in the open where people are clearly driving/cycling around and where the houses are in such close proximity to the street.

I've also made my thoughts on a handbag being put into the car already made earlier on. IDk something just doesn't seem right about it. It's to neat and tidy for my liking

Regarding the shorts, and I agree it’s definitely shorts (or boxer shorts!) - possibly returning home after a late night gym/MMA session?

Someone suggested his work shifts would end at 6pm. So entirely plausible that he’d get home from work, food and see the kids to bed, then back out to the gym once they’re all asleep.

Just struggling to imagine anyone looking for illegal taxi work setting out in shorts, especially in recent weather
I'll find the link shortly but looking at the gym he uses it doesn't open very late, having specific training sessions each day. Iirc latest session started at half 7 for a hour

She fell in the river, screamed. He panicked. Thought about helping. Followed her down the river a bit or looked for her from the bank, then ran away panicking in a 'omg she is probably going to drown' way?

No way IMO.

I don't think it will be long before he is charged with her abduction/murder, personally. I think they have more evidence than we can know about.

This may have been answered I am playing catch up

No very unusual for taxi drivers to open door - If you had shopping or had cases yes they'd help you and possibly open door but not a pick up like this.

Woman rarely sit in front seat unless there is more than 3 getting in - a man would prob sit in front seat unless he wasn't in mood woth small talk with driver
I have sat in the front quite a few times. It's never felt like a big deal.

I can't work out where this car is parked in relation to the bench. Would he have been able to see the bench from his smoking position do we know?
I am convinced that what I'm seeing is the driver smoking whilst waiting for his moment, leaving, then returning to his car, opening the passenger door, chucking something into the footwell then plonking a woman onto the passenger seat. If this is Libby, I don't think she was fully conscious. He could have whacked her over the head before quickly carrying her to his car, leaning her up against it whilst opening the door, throwing something in first (weapon?) then his victim.

The bench is round the corner to the left of the camera. It's literally about 10 meters away from where he was parked, if that. He wouldn't be able to see her from his car seat, but he could definitely hear her crying. And if he was touting for taxi business from passers-by, it makes sense that he'd want to be loitering around close to the main road (Beverley Road) where she was sat. He'd just have to walk a couple of meters to the corner on the main road, and there she'd be in full view.

I did it again at slower frame rate:

via Imgflip GIF Maker

I see that someone potentially gets in whilst someone is stood next to them. Although we don't see a seat leaned forward, there is the movement of something going back diagonally, like the chair being unfolded. Its too neat and straight to be a person. Then I see as a previous poster mentioned, what looks like a blanket or coat being lifted and laid down to cover something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CouchdetectiveC