Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little on the subject of voyeurism (hope the link is within the TOS):

“Hopkins et al. in “Varieties of Intrusion: Exhibitionism and Voyeurism” (2016) recognize that voyeurism requires objectification, and is predatory in nature because it involves watching someone without the person´s knowledge or consent. They also discuss research demonstrating a link between voyeurism and crime.

They explain that a significant percentage of criminals who commit sexual assaults report a history of voyeurism or exhibitionism. They note that overlapping sexual deviations coupled with an escalation in behavior lends support to a model of sexual addiction, recognizing that such addiction usually involves multiple compulsive behaviors, as opposed to only one type.”

Beyond Looking: When Voyeurism Leads to Criminal Behavior

That maybe depends where you live, near me there are cyclists in all weathers and at all hours as it's a common way to commute to and from work, no idea if it's unusual in Hull though
I don't think it's necessarily unusual anywhere, maybe some people are not out and about at night to see these things, people use bicycles, day and night, and people wear what they like.

Just out of interest I found this on the sound of foxes calling - the 'vixen scream' really does sound like a person!
yes, it is frightening and worrying, I have wakened from my dreams, got out of bed and on the point of phoning the police before realising what it is, I live by a canal so am generally concerned about screams and such.

Bed time for me too. Thank you mods for keeping us on track and for all the posters with brilliant ideas, theories and senses of humour when times are tough.

So night night, sleep tight, don't let the screaming foxes bite!

Just out of interest I found this on the sound of foxes calling - the 'vixen scream' really does sound like a person!
Even though I've heard fox screams before, for some reason listening to that video with earphones on at night time after a very stressful and intense day due to this case, it made me feel so uneasy! I have to say though, I think I'd be able to distinguish a fox scream from a human scream, but that's because I know what foxes sound like. I suppose if I heard one in the middle of the night and it caught me off-guard I might worry that it was a human for a second but by the next scream I'd realise it was just a fox. However I do see how many people could get confused if they're not familiar with wildlife sounds.

I don’t see any accomplice here, if this is the perp. Flashers don’t have partners, imo. This seemed to be a crime of opportunity, assuming Libby is a crime victim.

I know the accomplice seems far fetched but with the timings being tight with reports of screams and man running and the reports of the balaclava man and fake taxi a few nights before LS disappeared, i thoight it woukd be good to discuss.

If this suspect is guilty and is a murderer / flasher and the police have no evidence to seal a conviction , could he potentially walk the streets a free man?

Those local would surly must know the difference between human screams and animals living in that area
ive lived around foxes for thirty or more years - no you cant tell - its like a choking scream - it really does sound like a woman being attacked - its often very freaky because you stop and listen for movement in the greenery bushes etc - this happens literally at the end of my garden then over some tall trees and shrubs

I don’t see any accomplice here, if this is the perp. Flashers don’t have partners, imo. This seemed to be a crime of opportunity, assuming Libby is a crime victim.

Agreed. I’m trying to imagine how this might take place - a conversation at the pub, perhaps - “oh, you like getting your bits out in front of young girls too? Want to start a club?” ;) . It’s not really the kind of thing that people share, I don’t think.

It’s painful to accept, but there really are multipe men like this, independently committing these sorts of crimes every day. That’s the whole point of #metoo - and it’s only scratching the surface.

Police release e-fit in attempt to identify alleged flasher

This is an actual e-fit. That cartoon thing was an ef-it
IMO, LOL
( acronym for Electronic Facial Identification Tool)
I think you are wrong? the efit was not the cartoon drawing by one of the men - an artist - who was with the girls who were flashed at - the other one is an efit of similar or sexual crimes carried out in malton which is forty miles away - i think also where pr works - i think so anyhow

ive lived around foxes for thirty or more years - no you cant tell - its like a choking scream - it really does sound like a woman being attacked - its often very freaky because you stop and listen for movement in the greenery bushes etc - this happens literally at the end of my garden then over some tall trees and shrubs

I cant speak for foxes much but I do have large packs of coyotes near where I live in the states and yeah when they let loose, it is somewhat frightening until you get used to it.

With coyotes there are usually more than one at a time so you know a whole pack of them are yelping and howling.

And yeah the winter time is actually most often when you hear coyotes because they are more hungry in the winter time due to lack of available food so they call to the others to help hunt for food in a pack.

Not sure if foxes are more individual hunters or a pack hunter.

Here’s a little tidbit for any Sleuthers on the night shift - on the two photos of the suspect on the DM website, he’s using his left hand - to point in one and to take a mirror selfie in the other. Suggests he’s a leftie.
Anything of interest in the CCTV relating to that?

I see that too but if you zoom way in on the drainage area near where that square parking area is (i think he parked there), and look north, there are larger pockets of water so some parts get larger than others.

Its the closest water to where I think he parked. I think it all depends on where the screams were heard and I cant pinpoint whether she was closer to the drainage area or the river where the screams were heard.

the drain is about 6ft deep or something like that - its full of tree roots and weeds etc - its for drainage during floods - its a little distance to the river hull

Here’s a little tidbit for any Sleuthers on the night shift - on the two photos of the suspect on the DM website, he’s using his left hand - to point in one and to take a mirror selfie in the other. Suggests he’s a leftie.
Anything of interest in the CCTV relating to that?
I noticed he also held one of the small children with his left hand and arm.

I'm just in from a night out, so haven't had time to read through the thread, but I "overheard" quite a few conversations about Libby going on this evening and that was in SouthWest London! Just goes to show how Libby's Case has really gained public attention, and more and more of us are questioning how safe we really are. I truly hope libby is alive, and I hope that this can raise more awareness and new ideas on how women can stay and keep safe, even more so on a night out.

Last edited:
I cant speak for foxes much but I do have large packs of coyotes near where I live in the states and yeah when they let loose, it is somewhat frightening until you get used to it.

With coyotes there are usually more than one at a time so you know a whole pack of them are yelping and howling.

And yeah the winter time is actually most often when you hear coyotes because they are more hungry in the winter time due to lack of available food so they call to the others to help hunt for food in a pack.

Not sure if foxes are more individual hunters or a pack hunter.
They're not hunting, it's the vixens calling for a mate, but sounds like a baby being strangled.

I live in rural Ireland- foxes EVERYWHERE. All the time. We used to leave food out for one. I have never ever ever heard them make noise. Not once. So as for people being familiar with the sounds- in my experience- not at all to be honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070