Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes when in this kind of a situation people pretend they can't speak the language. It can give them the upper hand if they think the police think they don't know what they are saying to eachother too. I taught a Polish boy once who as soon as he was in trouble just couldnt understand what you were saying. His English might be a lot better than he lets on

Tbf it can become a lot harder to understand/speak a foreign language if you're under stress or have any kind of strong emotion. There's a HUGE difference in being able to have a casual conversation or knowing enough to get by the UK and then understanding everything in a police interview.

If I was in his situation, I would wait for the interpreter to interpret every single thing the police say before I responded just to be 100% sure of what they're asking, so it might seem like he understands less than he does if he's doing this? I also doubt the police would be so careless to assume that he doesn't understand anything they're saying when they're talking amongst themselves.

It's also worth pointing out that this is Hull - it's possible he might have some difficulty understanding the local accent. The majority of (British) English language learning material is in RP English, and Hull isn't exactly an area that's very well represented on the TV/in film, so you don't get a huge amount of exposure to the accent in general.

Yeah, when I was at uni (in a small town where the majority of people are students), the university never informed us about things like this. Even on occasions when several female students had been sexually harassed/attacked. I know it sounds odd because you'd hope that student safety would be the absolute priority, but some universities are extremely reluctant to admit that any crimes have happened on or near campus, whether students have been involved or targeted.

Others have commented that people around Libby's age don't tend to follow police on SM - this is definitely true of all of my FB friends! Everyone I know is either from my university or local area, and none of them follow the police in either area. Although it might not surprise you that I do haha ;)

I stated something very similar about another Northern town uni who did not report some serious incidences 1) an attempted abduction of a drunk female in front of her male partner which included lifting her up and carrying her off (she was tiny). 2) another attempted snatch of another girl, by a different man, into his car where he had already laid a seat back in the recline position and another almost gang rape which a bunch of students happened upon in broad daylight on some wasteland. The police were more interested in 'did you get the car registration number' and that was about it and the university were asked a few times I believe to put a warning out to other female students and all it did was send a message out to remind women to be careful on a night out. No reference to any recent attacks. They don't want to scaremonger and they don't want bad publicity. Personally I think its a wrong approach. I'd rather someone be scared and think twice about walking home alone than be abducted.

The things that currently occupy my thoughts:

1. Would a distressed, upset girl that is too drunk to be let into a student nightclub really be able to recall the postcode of a house she's not long moved into? If not, then we have to assume that he already had Libbys address for some reason. Which leads me to...

2. I still think there's a high chance he was working in tandem with someone else. This someone else could well be a taxi driver, hence already knowing her address and hence burglary dates being vague (taxi driver takes residents to train station/airport with suitcase then passing the info on to him). The vague dates indicate to me that the residents were away for a period of time so therefore don't know the day they were burgled.
Taxi driver's "cut" for this info would be somewhat unusual. Knickers and vibrators?

2. I still think there's a high chance he was working in tandem with someone else. This someone else could well be a taxi driver, hence already knowing her address and hence burglary dates being vague (taxi driver takes residents to train station/airport with suitcase then passing the info on to him). The vague dates indicate to me that the residents were away for a period of time so therefore don't know the day they were burgled.

You could well be onto something there.

Vague dates of incidents may be due to trespass as opposed to breaking in?

Just pondering - how would one take vibrators from a house without breaking in? I reckon it'd be pretty difficult to go into someones house (even if unlocked) and to easily and quickly find (usually stashed away) vibrators, then leave without being seen?

Vague dates of incidents may be due to trespass as opposed to breaking in?

Yes you might right. But if my laptop, kindle and speaker went missing from home I would know that same day, not a 3 day window.

Devil's advocate: Unless he is singing like a cannary in jail I find it suspicious the police didn't have any idea who committed these crimes 2 weeks ago but are suddenly sure it is this guy. Even if they found some similar items (to those stolen) in his house, how do you positively ID knickers or sex toys as belonging to someone else?

Evidently he stole computers, photographs, and other types of electronic devices in some of the burglaries. LE was seen taking lots of stuff out of his house in bags.

I am assuming some of the items that LE found in his home matched up with people that reported their burglaries.

Has anyone got a confirmed media photo of Libby’s house please ?

( some of us think it has a big hedge but one news article shows one without a hedge )

Thanks

I’m not sure but the article says it’s her house.

I don’t think it’s been 100% confirmed which house Libby lives at on Wellesley Ave because we have had:

No 17 with the Luminol.
No 32 is where I think Libby’s parents were seen?
The one the dog is entering appears to be 29.

However that dog was also taken over the bench etc and it was reported sniffer dogs were taken to other houses on the street. Seen no mention of them at Raglan Street but logic would say they have been, however just speculation at the minute.

The police clearly know a lot more than we do. There are a lot of things we don't know...
  • What led the police to him in the first place
  • If either car in the CCTV is of concern to the police
  • Why the police are fixated on the park
  • If he actually said anything to his sister about giving a girl a lift home
  • If Libby was seen leaving the bench with someone
  • If there is any CCTV footage of Libby getting out of the car if indeed she was seen to get in
  • Why the police let the images of the CCTV be release
  • Why the infrared camera were used. What were they looking for?
  • What else do they expect to find in the house? Why are they taking ropes and helmets in
  • Whether he is saying anything or just sitting there saying bez komentarza

That is shocking, to say the least. Did the university not report these incidents to the police? How on earth did they (the university) ignore the complaints? A university campus is not absolved of UK law FGS - such attacks may have escalated.

The police seemed to work quite closely with the university in general, so if there was someone targeting female students for example the university would have been aware. But they wouldn't let us know about it. If people reported things to the university, they would sometimes get police involved, but we again wouldn't be told about it.

The only reason I know is because we'd hear about these crimes maybe a year later when a trial came around and newspapers started reporting about it, or sometimes the news would spread among students that something was happening in the area. I also knew some people who worked for the university and I'd hear about things that had happened that way.

I am not sure if many have watched the Police Tapes - Becky Watts doco?

A similar dynamic happened in that case. Though police had some blood evidence at the scene plus forensics to tie her to Mathews flat, they could not work out where Becky was. So it became a race against time to locate her.

It was not revealed to the pubic the forensics they had. Nor was the hiding place particularly clever. Yet it eluded the police from 19 February to 3 march.

Just pondering - how would one take vibrators from a house without breaking in? I reckon it'd be pretty difficult to go into someones house (even if unlocked) and to easily and quickly find (usually stashed away) vibrators, then leave without being seen?
Sometimes student housing can have bedrooms situated on the ground floor. Not something you or I would contemplate but maybe offenders of this type find a thrill in not getting caught in dangerous situations?

CCTV. IF for any reason the car that approaches from the dead end is involved (I realise this is unlikely) then smoking guy is positioned perfectly as his car blanks out mystery cars windows so that the passengers inside can’t be seen. If you were wanting to conceal something in that unknown vehicle from cctv, that is the exact spot where you would park and create a distraction. Do we know who owns that actual CCTV camera? Did someone say it was an electrical firm?

Edit: Found link. CCTV came from Core Electricals

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members