Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's still a part of me thinking they are searching in the wrong area, here's another scenario,
He picks her up and drives to the park, CCTV picks him up entering the park with her in the passenger seat,when he leaves they only see him in the car so police assume she must be somewhere in the park area, be it river, pond, bushes....
But what if the screaming that was heard was him forcing her into the boot of the car, I doubt she would have got in there without a fight, then someone said they heard a bang, like a gate closing..maybe this was him slamming the boot shut.

I know this is unlikely but it's a thought, he maybe knows the park and knows its likely empty at that time of night,
he couldn't do anything on Haworth street as it's far to close to properties and busy roads.

I think reports are maybe getting mixed up here. I believe that the lady who heard the scream followed by a wooden bang was one of Libby’s neighbours, not the lady who heard 15 minutes of off and on screaming from the park followed by a man running away. I think page one of thread has the timeline and details.

One newspaper report did say that they asked if she was okay and she just mumbled something incoherent and moved off. I’ll see if I can find the link. I only read that once though.

Neighbours of Libby, 21, also said she did not go inside after being dropped off by a taxi but instead wandered into the freezing night.

Tom Tulley, 20, who lives opposite, watched her “stumbling” and falling on Thursday night.

He said: “She was too drunk to be on her own. The taxi dropped her by a red car. She was walking away from her house, which is weird. She fell over a couple of times.”

Missing student Libby Squire was last seen 'falling over drunk'

Tom Tully, 20, said: "On the night of her disappearance we were going to the Welly too. It was below zero. The taxi dropped her off. She got out and was walking down the street. She fell over a couple of times. She dressed all in black.

“We asked her if she was all right and she mumbled something incomprehensible. Libby started walking away from her front door.

“She was stumbling and fell over. We were going to help but the taxi driver got out and helped her up.”

Libby Squire - Cops recover lipgloss, hammer and screwdriver as mum says student, 21, DID make it home before vanishing

Last edited:
QUICK POLL

PR picked Libby up and attacked her in the park, hence the screams, he killed her (accidentally or otherwise) and has disposed of her body

I feel this is more likely. Given the state she was reportedly in by the time she reached home and later the bench, I doubt she'd have been in any fit state to be running anywhere. Not quickly and co-ordinated enough to have been able to evade a fit, presumably sober guy. Precisely what happened, when and where I don't know, but my sense is it was definitely no tragic accident on her part, and he has hidden her or dumped/pushed her in the river.

Do any locals fancying doing a quick trip to the park to see whether there are any CCTV cameras, or any along Beresford Road, or indeed any around Libby's house? It'd be really helpful. Wear a wig and dark glasses.
I have a whole box full of wigs but unfortunately I live an hour away from Hull and don't drive... And I doubt my OH will drive over there when he gets home from work as I think he's probably already questioning our relationship since I've been so obsessed with this case for nearly two weeks lol.

Do any locals fancying doing a quick trip to the park to see whether there are any CCTV cameras, or any along Beresford Road, or indeed any around Libby's house? It'd be really helpful. Wear a wig and dark glasses.
Unless you already do, in which case you would really stand out, wearing wig/glasses x2. Be like a bad Charlton Heston film.

I think reports are maybe getting mixed up here. I believe that the lady who heard the scream followed by a wooden bang was one of Libby’s neighbours, not the lady who heard 15 minutes of off and on screaming from the park followed by a man running away. I think page one of thread has the timeline and details.

Yes, two different. I believe the park screaming came from someone on or near Claremont Avenue.

Neighbours of Libby, 21, also said she did not go inside after being dropped off by a taxi but instead wandered into the freezing night.

Tom Tulley, 20, who lives opposite, watched her “stumbling” and falling on Thursday night.

He said: “She was too drunk to be on her own. The taxi dropped her by a red car. She was walking away from her house, which is weird. She fell over a couple of times.”

Missing student Libby Squire was last seen 'falling over drunk'

Tom Tully, 20, said: "On the night of her disappearance we were going to the Welly too. It was below zero. The taxi dropped her off. She got out and was walking down the street. She fell over a couple of times. She dressed all in black.

“We asked her if she was all right and she mumbled something incomprehensible. Libby started walking away from her front door.

“She was stumbling and fell over. We were going to help but the taxi driver got out and helped her up.”

Libby Squire - Cops recover lipgloss, hammer and screwdriver as mum says student, 21, DID make it home before vanishing
there is another MSM report that says they spoke to her and she just mumbled

I wonder how sure the neighbour on Heathcote Street is about hearing the scream and wooden bang “around 12:30am”. If it was more the 11:30am mark it would tie in with Libby arriving home and having some sort of encounter. But we have to assume her timing is right. Just wouldn’t be the first time people were off with timings on a case.

Yes, two different. I believe the park screaming came from someone on or near Claremont Avenue.

Well, sadly depends what you mean by 'experience' in crime.

Humberside Police's motto used to be Help - Protect - Reassure, they had to abandon that when the population constantly berated them for failing on all three.

Again, not wanting to derail the thread! Sorry it's a long one!

tldr; an overview of the area of Hull between Welly and Haworth in the Beverley Road area over the last 2 years and the sudden spike in crime:

This video was shot a few months ago about a quarter of a mile from the Welly Club.

At the very start of the video, the camera is pointing north West - about 50 yards along the road off to the right of the screen is a Police station. That was put there for the Park, which is also about 50 yards off to the right, about 15 years ago? But at the start of 2018 it was demanned and moved to a station about 3 miles away.

Literally the day after the Police moved out, it was like precinct 13. We felt this part of the city take a turn off a steep cliff, we FELT the crime rise steeply. People around here talk about the area getting noticeably worse by the week and by the DAY! There are coppers around here constantly responding to incidents and violence.

The house on the end of the right of the terrace where it's being filmed is a social housing hostel, and is ALWAYS full of drug dealers. Generally the windows get put through once a month, and the Police are at this crossroads at least weekly, and once or twice a week along this short street.

According to the Police there are 'bad people' who come from Manchester to tax the dealers in this street.

The guy in red is drunk and is trying to score some spice and is not happy. He's already been up and down yelling at people, it's close to school home time. At 1:10 he can be seen 'talking' to a guy with a dog. The guy with the dog is the local heroin/spice/crack dealer and that's his house he's outside. He's lived here for years, so I know him to say 'hello' to, and apart from trying to sell me a bike every now and then, he doesn't bring any trouble, funnily enough, to my door, unlike the dealers at the other end.

Just after the filming stopped the dealer with the dog saw the guy in red off and was shouting at him.

With absolutely ZERO exaggeration, this heroin/spice dealer was complaining that the area was getting worse, I kid you not. Our local heroin dealer is complaining about the downturn in the neighbourhood.

Last year about halfway between here and Welly a man was stabbed to death over a drugs argument. Around the time the video was taken a new dealer moved in and within a week was lying on that cycle path you can see crossing the street to the far left, having been stabbed by guys who had come to tax him.

Just before Christmas I 'found' a semi-conscious 15 year old girl lying along that cycle path about 1am after a saturday night crying that she'd been spiked. I got her home safely.

You can walk along this street at 3.30 in the afternoon and you can watch blokes sat on the pavement openly dividing their score up on pieces of paper, mothers and children walking by.

I have started to slowly try to document the goings on here, but I have to be careful and subtle. People think I exaggerate. You can plainly hear their orders too, they shout it 100 yards down the street, "2 brown and 3 white", this crossroads is s hotspot for people just hanging around and cars parked across it, all hours of the night, dealing obviously.

I was beaten up by a gang of kids on this street about 9 months ago that left me on crutches for 2 weeks. So picture this, I'm lying on the street, in the middle of this junction, getting the life kicked, stamped and beaten out of me by 2 kids raining down on me. In this hails of fists and feet I manage to have the presence to get my phone out and dial 999, only to receive "You are on hold for the emergency services".

A neighbour was watching the entire assault unfold from her bedroom window; she too received "You are on hold for the emergency services". After I had ran for my life on a busted knee, I eventually got through, but because I had given them the slip by now and they were not in sight, I was told it was not an emergency.

All this may not be directly related, but since the City of Culture (2017) concentrated on the City Centre, we have all seen a MASSIVE drop in ALL areas outside the centre. Serious social commentators are calling this place the English Detroit and they're watching it happen live, and we are living it.

The Police are in general retreat, they are losing control. Hull has always had problems and bad areas, but all this is new and is less than 2 years old.

This is my local shop, on Beverley Road about 1/4 mile from the Welly.

It's along time since we've heard of buses refusing to go on estates! (2-3 miles from the main area in question and certainly NOT a student area, but indicative of the current trend downwards across the city.)

People are talking in terms of a sudden lurch to the bad old days of the 80s with large no go areas and entire run down streets and buses afraid to travel into certain areas.

There are potholes everywhere, there is more rubbish and fly tipping, and rats are out of control.

Newland Avenue:
Newland Avenue is the heart of student land, and also the heart of this local community. Students and old skool families live cheek by cheek in this area of Hull, a pretty unique blend, giving Newland Avenue a unique character, and safe day and night for decades. That has changed in less than 2 years. People are staying away from Newland Avenue during the day because of crime, muggings, street beggars, street drunks, spice addicts and random violence. At night the addition of more bars and later licenses is alienating residents and creating a Mini-Magaluf from 1am till 3am.

In very short time it has seen a real spike in crime.

The Piper Club is the other main student dive in this area, on Newland Avenue, not far from the end of Raglan Street. It's much more of a meat factory than Welly, they do things like Hawaiian night in November when people go in swimwear.

There is a lot of foot traffic along this small street (the one in the video); people pass both ways to and from Piper and Welly. We watch lasses walking into that park all alone all hours of the night.

Welly Club is right in the centre of this expanding 'ghetto' area.

Newland Avenue is beginning to suffer. The 'badness' is creeping up the streets on the East side of Newland Avenue, from Beverley Road.

The other side of Cottingham Road, north along Beverley Road, now to become Beverley High Road, around where Libby lived, around Beresford Avenue and Haworth are still largely untroubled by this spreading 'ghettoisation'. You are not 100% SAFE anywhere in this City, but you travel from 2nd world Russian/Brazilian style street safety where Welly is, to quite an affluent 1st world area once you get to the Haworth part of Beverley Road. Literally, a mile along Beverley Road is a world away!

A lot of this is subjective perception and anecdotal, but it is shared by a lot of people. Humberside Police are under a LOT of scrutiny at the moment. I think because of the upsetting nature, and out of respect for Libby and her family, there's been no real public criticism yet. But people are already afraid and angry BEFORE this Libby case by what they see as the crumbling of the very infrastructure around them and being left to deal with it alone. Me and my neighbours have joined together to share a CCTV DVR box across our two houses. We are at the moment gathering wood to put up more gates round the back and put extra height on our fences.

People here genuinely don't care whether Libby was from Hull, whether she liked Hull or took it to heart or not. There is genuine shock and concern, not just for Libby, but for everyone who lives here because we fundamental believe the Police cannot protect us.

Wednesdays at Welly is under 18s night. A lot of us know lots of people who go to Welly, I have friends who have teenage kids who go to Welly. Real old style communities may be a thing of the past, but everyone is worried about the future of this locale and the city and everyone is feeling it.

tldr: Hull has had this kind of thing coming for a couple of years...
thanks for this post. Wow. Stay safe. I’m a USA girl with a Manc husband. I asked about Hull because of Libby and saw on the map it’s close proximity to Manchester. He echoed your post.

10:55
Police at pond at Oak Road Playing Fields

Click link for video Libby Squire latest as missing Hull student search enters day 13

AGAIN?! They really think the clues are in that park, don't they? Why is that?

1. There is CCTV footage of them near or in the park?
2. The witness who heard dark and eerie screams has made the police believe an attack must have happened in the park?
3. PR has admitted being with Libby in the park?
4. They have found some sort of evidence in the park?

What else?

I relate to Gemzz90's thoughts about what might have happened - I have got myself into difficult situations as a student when drunk - sometimes emotional and glad of any attention or affection but then realising I have made a mistake. This just has some shades of Gaia Pope for me in that she was presumed to have been abducted or harmed, CCTV was found, people were questioned but she had made her own way into bushes and sadly died. I just wonder if Libby ran away panicking and has sadly fallen into water or possibly jumped if feeling desperate. She clearly has self harmed in the past. Just a thought as the police still say they have an open mind about her disappearence.

Long time lurker. Wanted to chip in with my initial thoughts regarding her being reported missing.
I have adult kids age 19, 21 and 24.

When her flat mates returned home they raised the alarm that she was missing. Presuming that they don't all share bedrooms someone must've gone looking for her in the house and entered her room to see she wasn't there. I am imagining they had all had a good drink and yet instead of flopping straight into bed to sleep it off they check her bedroom and then report her missing. That makes me believe that she is a vulnerable girl and they have reason to be immediately concerned.
One of my boys went awol years ago, he was 14, no mobile with him and I was obviously worried sick. When I reported him missing a policewoman did come see me and they took a list of his friends etc most I had checked with myself reassured me and that was that. He turned up the next day and I let the police know all was well.
Point I am trying to make is that alarm bells rang straight away. Why? Is it LS past history of self harm or maybe she had been persued or stalked because in my mind right from outset they know something is off when lots of young women go out at 21 and don't make it home.

"11:06
Police divers preparing to enter pond"

0_Libby-Squire-Day13.jpg
0_Libby-Squire-Day13.jpg

Libby Squire latest as missing Hull student search enters day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors