Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this news article she was reported missing early hours in the morning, I'd say that points to more 3am Police charge man with voyeurism and burglary as search for missing student Libby Squire continues

Seeing as they are not appealing for the Citroen driver, then the one in the footage has to be the person who stopped, therefore he must have seen PR, the only way he may not have seen him is that PR knew the driver may see him and that's why he returns to his car and sits in the seat maybe waiting for it to be clear for him to get to Libby, however it's not long after she gets in the car does the Citroen leave.

The Citroen leaves before she gets in the car.

The Citroen leaves...the guy locks the car and walks away then over a minute later he returns and someone gets in the passenger seat.

SEARCH ENTERS 12TH DAY

LIBBY Squire cops are today quizzing neighbours on whether they “saw or heard anything unusual” on the night she went missing – as the search enters its 12th day.

She went missing after she was turned away from a Hull nightclub for being drunk.

Friends put her in a taxi home and she was last seen on a park bench yards from her student digs just before midnight.

CCTV footage from 12.09am showed a woman, believed to be Libby, getting into a car and being driven away.

The search for Libby has seen officers scour gardens and alleyways around her home on Wellesley Avenue, and cops have repeatedly looked around the nearby Oak Road playing fields.

Detectives have previously said they are continuing to treat her disappearance as a missing persons investigation and are "keeping an open mind" as to her whereabouts.

Libby Squire cops quiz neighbours about 'unusual activity' as search continues

Why do the sun say this ? ‘Friends put her in a taxi home and she was last seen on a park bench yards from her student digs just before midnight.’

Why just before midnight not just after ?

She got into a car, and police seem to be only searching the nearby park. A car means that she could be anywhere, but it is important to be thorough searching "walking distance" areas.

Other than the screams, why do police believe that she is still in the vicinity of the bench? Do they think that she was abducted, taken to the nearby park, assaulted and murdered? Couldn't she have been assaulted at the park and taken back to his car, and then driven farther away?

If he's a first time serious offender, wouldn't he want to distance the body from his home - even if he met the victim near his home? If so, her body is probably within 15 - 20 miles of his home. That seems to be the standard distance for first timers.

I read something about 3AM. If she was abducted at 12:08, were there 3 hours in the park, or 20 minutes in the park and then driving to some other place and returning home around 3AM? Or is the 3AM the time when her roommates arrived at home and reported her missing?

When was she reported missing ... 10AM or 3AM?
Definitely not 10am, the Police would not have had time to search and then launch appeal. 3am is far more likely.

Why do the sun say this ? ‘Friends put her in a taxi home and she was last seen on a park bench yards from her student digs just before midnight.’

Before midnight someone had stopped and spoke to her. The post midnight CCTV has not been confirmed to be her, although it is highly likely.

Dan Kemp‏ @1_DanKemp
Searches are continuing at Oak Road Playing Fields as we enter day 12 of the search for missing student Libby Squire #FindLibbySquire

DzMr9kwXcAEzFTj.jpg

Dan Kemp on Twitter

Before midnight someone had stopped and spoke to her. The post midnight CCTV has not been confirmed to be her, although it is highly likely.

I wasn’t referring to cctv of car smoker , but thought the cctv they have of her on bench went past midnight ?

I've got a really horrible feeling something will happen today and it won't be pleasant.

Mind you I thought that Sunday too.

I just feel like they have concentrated so much at Oak road that they are sure they will find something ...maybe not LS but something.

I mean I don’t drink so I don’t know exactly what it’s like but Yeah I would be upset too knowing they left me to it i agree she may have just intended to go to local pub
If she was as drunk as has been assumed the last thing she would have been after was another drink.

When you are that drunk your brain tends to work on a rather simple level.

It's possible she sat on the bench because it was somewhere where she could see/meet her friends coming home. Perhaps she had forgotten her keys in the past and waited there.

Yes - there's nothing in any of the reports which suggests that Libby approached the house but was disturbed by something she saw there. It seems she just got out of the taxi and wandered down the road away from the house.

And why?

1. She was too out of it to know where she was or what she was doing?

2. She was heading somewhere she had in mind?

3. She was going to meet someone?

4. Other?

Given what I'm reading about her condition, I'm very inclined to believe that she was slipped a roofie or something equally powerful that completely incapacitated her. The descriptions of what she did that night are not consistent, in my opinion, with being pissed backwards but not so bad that your friends are worried. Drugs hit fast and hard. If her friends were unconcerned about her heading home alone and 20 minutes later she could not find the front door ... doesn't that seem like more than alcohol.

I'm not saying that someone drugged her and followed her home, but that possibly someone thought it would be okay to slip her a drug, lost track of her, she was refused entry at the next pub, sent home in a cab, drugs took full effect and she was victimized by someone else.
The description of her state sounds to me like she was just very drunk. When I was younger I sometimes got into that state myself and have seen friends in that state many times. One moment you can seem to be perfectly lucid, the next you've fallen flat on your back and you have no idea where you are. The drunkenness comes in waves.

I've mentioned this on one of the previous threads, but I read not long ago that drink spiking is much, much rarer than people imagine. Yes, it happens - but very infrequently. Lots of people arrive at hospital at the weekends claiming to have had their drinks spiked, but when the doctors run the tests they usually come back negative - the person is just very drunk. It seems that the fear of having your drink spiked has become so widespread that many people just assume that's what's happened to them when in fact they've just drunk way too much.

The Citroen leaves before she gets in the car.

The Citroen leaves...the guy locks the car and walks away then over a minute later he returns and someone gets in the passenger seat.

You are correct I've just rewatched it, so do we think the reason he unlocks the car and sits in the seat fiddling with something is just because he is waiting for the citroetn to leave, he seems to look down the street just before he sits down, this takes him out of view, he's worried about being identified so waits for the citroen to pass before leaving again.

And why?

1. She was too out of it to know where she was or what she was doing?

2. She was heading somewhere she had in mind?

3. She was going to meet someone?

4. Other?

4. She realised she didn't have any keys and decided to go back to the main road rather than hang around a residential street on her own in the dark?

2. She didn't want someone to see her go into her house as she didn't want someone nearby to see that was where she lived

This. I've done this loads of times, either because I'd drunkenly told them something in conversation that I regretted afterwards like that I was home alone, or because they were a bit weird, or something just felt off. Once I even had to hide in a front garden a couple of doors down from mine because he waited until I got in safely! Thankfully this was before the days of cctv being popular for homes, and I do think I was paranoid most of the time but rather that than clueless I think.

How soon after she was reported missing did the police become actively involved in the search for her?

If her friends reported her disappearance at 11:30am - pressumably from checking her room and finding her gone - would that be enough to begin an intensive search right away?

During the first 24 hours it might be assumed she’d stayed with other friends. At what stage do the police begin to take it very seriously rather than just another student crashing out at a mates place?

I ask because I wonder if there was anything else to indicate something more suspicious when her housemates awoke and began worrying ... room broken into, previous stalker issues etc?

I questioned this earlier too. This case seemed to have upped gears very quickly, far quicker than the usual misper.

Because it’s the sun, which means shoddy journalism.

They don’t tend to rewrite stories from scratch, they just copy and paste bits from previous days, then add anything new at the top. Which is why they frequently tend to contradict themselves within the same article.

My theory so far is as follows

1. LS gets out taxi near her home at 11.30 Where PR is sat in car down street (he has previous offences down this street and it’s possible he was planning on another burglary or a similar charge as the one from the 19th of January).

2. LS stumbling down her street gets his attention and he follows (maybe observing from a distance) and sees her sit on bench, he drives to secluded location where cctv places car (we think this is him but nothing confirmed) car has been there 20 mins before cctv that we see, placing car there from 11.40 pm.

3. There is a car there already waiting for someone/ person in car so PR goes for walk and car is still there so sits and rolls cigarettes/ goes on phone until car departs.

4.PR approached Libby on the bench (not going to speculate what he says/ does) but if cctv footage is correct then LS is put in / gets in PR’s car.

5.between 12.09 and 3 am Car is seen heading in direction of PR’s house, giving cause for the house searches that are going on, then car headed towards playing fields or went back and forth.

I also think LE have potentially matched soil and / or thorns etc on PR’s clothing linking to current location searches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pennypiper