Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to latest HDM update today...

Says around a dozen officers back on Oak Road....when they started searching for her the first time there were around 50 officers + helicopter....so why only a dozen when they seem intent on that area?

Yes, the car goes past and around 7 seconds later he bolts up. It does seem that he was waiting for the car to pass

If she was as drunk as has been assumed the last thing she would have been after was another drink.

When you are that drunk your brain tends to work on a rather simple level.

It's possible she sat on the bench because it was somewhere where she could see/meet her friends coming home. Perhaps she had forgotten her keys in the past and waited there.

I think it was as simple as that too.

Main road, takeaways open, people about, high chance of seeing someone she knew.

I think she felt safer there.

Whether she was forced into the car I don't know.

Maybe by that point she was freezing, needed a wee and a bit freaked out so when someone nearer her age group that she may vaguely recognise offers help she took it.

I questioned this earlier too. This case seemed to have upped gears very quickly, far quicker than the usual misper.
Surely that’s partly to do with the condition she was last seen by her friends in, and the weather conditions?

Last seen drunk + didn’t make it home + sub zero temperatures = a very dangerous combination. Time is of the essence even if she’s just fallen asleep somewhere, so I’m not too surprised they moved quickly

She got into a car, and police seem to be only searching the nearby park. A car means that she could be anywhere, but it is important to be thorough searching "walking distance" areas.

Other than the screams, why do police believe that she is still in the vicinity of the bench? Do they think that she was abducted, taken to the nearby park, assaulted and murdered? Couldn't she have been assaulted at the park and taken back to his car, and then driven farther away?

If he's a first time serious offender, wouldn't he want to distance the body from his home - even if he met the victim near his home? If so, her body is probably within 15 - 20 miles of his home. That seems to be the standard distance for first timers.

I read something about 3AM. If she was abducted at 12:08, were there 3 hours in the park, or 20 minutes in the park and then driving to some other place and returning home around 3AM? Or is the 3AM the time when her roommates arrived at home and reported her missing?

When was she reported missing ... 10AM or 3AM?

He might want to distance himself from the body but would he have time? If this was opportunistic then he didn't plan every detail in advance. He may have only had a short time until his wife expected him back. Police may know when he got back.

Personally I think he either got lucky in concealing the body and him not giving anything away to police about what he did has helped delay finding it......or he was at the playing fields with her and if he killed her, he put the body in the river which is next to them. They may be looking for a crime scene in the fields but not the body because it isn't there.

I've just used a picture from the internet as I can't access Youtube atm. This is what it looks like for me:

youtube_speed.png

Thanks for the suggestion of watching on youtube at slowest speed, I'd just been watching on news sites and sliding frames back and forth. I've gone from being dubious that I was seeing a person at all, to thinking I might be seeing a person being awkwardly "helped" out of a jacket, which is then deposited in the footwell.

Maybe she went to the bench because it was close to the bus stop, maybe they normally get a bus home so as she may not have had a key she was waiting for her friends to turn up on a bus, alot of hull uni kids get a free pass so tend to choose this way of travel.

You are correct I've just rewatched it, so do we think the reason he unlocks the car and sits in the seat fiddling with something is just because he is waiting for the citroetn to leave, he seems to look down the street just before he sits down, this takes him out of view, he's worried about being identified so waits for the citroen to pass before leaving again.

Yeh I think he's waiting for it to leave.

When I watched it I felt he kind of hunched down lower as the other car came down the street as if to avoid been seen.

Definitely not 10am, the Police would not have had time to search and then launch appeal. 3am is far more likely.

Based on the timings of the police appeal at 11:30am I agree. 3am is more likely.

But is simply reporting your student flatmate missing during the early hours after a night of drinking enough to trigger such a significant response? Would the police not be more likely to make a report and take it more seriously hours later? I mean, how many students must stay with friends or boyfriends. What made them think this was more serious / sinister? Was there something more at the house that seemed strange?

"09:47
Search teams are back at Oak Road Playing Fields
A police car has parked up in the car park at Oak Road Playing Fields. Our reporter says there are around a dozen officers congregating with large wooden sticks. It looks like they are about to go out into the park to continue the search."

Libby Squire latest as police continue search in Hull's Oak Road

Police seem very convinced that her body is in the area nearby the bench (local park), or very determined to rule out that her body is in the area.

Ok I’m still struggling with why by 11am are the police already appealing for help ?

The friends get in from the pub which is the main uni night there possibly between 2am and 3am (not sure what time it closes)

They most be phoning police more or less as soon as they get in , a police officer takes it very seriously to come out at night , the police officer has to take statements from flatmates who’ve been drinking all night so they need to sober up fast.

Something must be wrong in that house .... a student not home after a night out is so not unusual.

The police know it’s a serious ‘at risk’ situation, it appears unlikely it’s related to her mental health as friends definitely wouldn’t have left her if they thought that.

By the time the police take statements , search house , go back to police station , write it up , it’s more or less immediate to appealing for help .

Ok I’m still struggling with why by 11am are the police already appealing for help ?

The friends get in from the pub which is the main uni night there possibly between 2am and 3am (not sure what time it closes)

They most be phoning police more or less as soon as they get in , a police officer takes it very seriously to come out at night , the police officer has to take statements from flatmates who’ve been drinking all night so they need to sober up fast.

Something must be wrong in that house .... a student not home after a night out is so not unusual.

The police know it’s a serious ‘at risk’ situation, it appears unlikely it’s related to her mental health as friends definitely wouldn’t have left her if they thought that.

By the time the police take statements , search house , go back to police station , write it up , it’s more or less immediate to appealing for help .

Maybe because of how drunk she was. If they talked to other students who saw her 'falling over' drunk, it means she couldn't really consent to go with anyone properly and makes her very vulnerable.

Was 11:30 am when the actual police appealed rather than the friends called it in? If so the friends called it in a lot earlier than that

It looks like there is a question as to whether her disappearance was first reported at 3AM or at, say, 10AM?

Police seem very convinced that her body is in the area nearby the bench (local park), or very determined to rule out that her body is in the area.

I think they are looking for anything that may be connected...clothes, bag, other items.

Someone had a good point further up the thread,maybe they have matched soil samples on PR clothes and shoes or in his car to that area so they know he's been there.

If she was as drunk as has been assumed the last thing she would have been after was another drink.

When you are that drunk your brain tends to work on a rather simple level.

It's possible she sat on the bench because it was somewhere where she could see/meet her friends coming home. Perhaps she had forgotten her keys in the past and waited there.
Aah okay yeah I get you

It is unusually quick.

Whoever reported it to the Police did not accept the wait 24 hours, she's an adult, push backs if there were any.

It looks like there is a question as to whether her disappearance was first reported at 3AM or at, say, 10AM?

The first press appeal was around 11am.

They wouldn't put out an appeal within an hour.

Sure one of the police reports said she was reported missing at 3am.

Surely that’s partly to do with the condition she was last seen by her friends in, and the weather conditions?

Last seen drunk + didn’t make it home + sub zero temperatures = a very dangerous combination. Time is of the essence even if she’s just fallen asleep somewhere, so I’m not too surprised they moved quickly

What was the timeline on Daniel Williams from Reading Uni the day before Libby then ? What time was he reported missing and how long until police released an appeal . Last seen drinking at uni club night , didn’t get home to his shared flat .... what’s the timescale of it all kicking off for him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284