Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #6 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been rewatching the CCTV from Haworth street. And I adjusted the contrast and increasesd the brightness and now I am convinced that it's a man getting into the passenger seat. I'm really sure that it's not Libby. First off the person looks to be wearing dark trousers and looks bulky like a man.

Also that first movement that could be a bag being thrown in the basck seat. Spookily looks like someone in the back of the car reaching forward and then being pushed back.
Any way you can post your edited version?

1. I'm wondering why it has taken 2 weeks for LE to show what Libby was wearing?

Maybe because now they know they aren’t going to find her as such just wearing the clothes that we always knew about from the description..... now someone may just find an item of clothing

Hi there,

I have had a really busy day today, so sorry I haven't responded sooner or more directly to some of you!
Thank you so much for the pics and the vid. The Park is huge, much larger than I had imagined - and the pond looks a vast area of water. Odd how one gets a such different perspective from googlemaps !!

I've been rewatching the CCTV from Haworth street. And I adjusted the contrast and increasesd the brightness and now I am convinced that it's a man getting into the passenger seat. I'm really sure that it's not Libby. First off the person looks to be wearing dark trousers and looks bulky like a man.

Also that first movement that could be a bag being thrown in the basck seat. Spookily looks like someone in the back of the car reaching forward and then being pushed back.

is the bit that's cut the actual abduction! explains why it's cut.

Any way you can post your edited version?
But if you watch it on you tube on your TV you might be able to change the settings on your tv and see it better?

Up contrast , brightness and saturation.

The resolution might look poor on the TV though because of the large screen size.

But if you watch it on you tube on your TV you might be able to change the settings on your tv and see it better?

Up contrast , brightness and saturation.

The resolution might look poor on the TV though because of the large screen size.
I might have to have a faff about with it on my laptop tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for trying to help with this case.

I keep assuming he had to have parked in the square parking area closest to her house and if so then I try to put myself in her shoes and think where I would run if I needed to get away from him in that parking area. If it were me I would run sideways and then try to cut back towards my house so that puts me near the drainage creek area on the north side of the square parking lot.

Which is why I am wondering if there are any larger pools of water in those trees north of the parking lot in the drainage creek area. From google it sure looks like larger pools of water are in that drainage creek but I cant be sure.
I’ll take a look tomorrow and take some photos

Just one small question , where is the police original statement on her clothing I always thought it was a black mini skirt with lace ..... but it’s actually ‘laces’ . Have I just read the description wrong when we first knew or was it incorrect ..... not that it matters too much but I’d like to know

Thank you so much for this! I kept thinking "wow, it's so pretty with the sunrise" and then feeling really uncomfortable knowing that Libby might be there somewhere... Such an eerily beautiful place.

I know this entire vast park inside and out, have played here since I was a kid in the 80s!

Going around it today... it looked different, it felt different.

I had a chat with some of the coppers around. They pretty much confirmed that what they are doing is 'eliminating possibilities'. I don't think they know what they are looking for, I'm not sure if they ever did at the start, but right now they are going throw the motions of process, eliminating the blanks spaces, even though they aren't specifically looking for anything.

I tried probing them, but these guys were pros and weren't letting anything slip!

I had a chat to a Hull Daily Mail guy. He was of the same opinion, that the Police are at an utter blank wall, at least where Oak Road is concerned. For him the most crucial thing was the web cctv.

He then had to leave for the 3pm press conference.

is the bit that's cut the actual abduction! explains why it's cut.

Probably not , just watch the video again and watch the timer (remember it’s one minute slow ) then you’ll understand about the cut out bits eg where we are to believe he’s smoking etc

I took some video from my cycle camera this morning.

I start at the end of Beresford Avenue. You can see the car gates are locked, but there is easy pedestrian access. I did a couple of circuits of the pond area.

There is an attached map of the route also.

Excuse the Palm D'Or camera work, the bike camera gets knocked sometimes!

1) - 0:36 The alternative entrance to the park, closer to the skate park. The car gates are locked, the pedestrian gate is open.

2) - 2:00 Arrive at the pond. Does a circuit of the pond.

3) - 3:02 The opposite side of the pond from the buildings. On the left is a strip about 5 metres wide, then the trees/scrub continues on the other side of the Croda fence.

4) - 4:18 Up the ramp to the river bank, to turn back left towards the abandoned buildings, from the river side.

5) - 5:20 Turn left way from the river after passing all the abandoned buildings to our left,

6) - 5:39 turn left again, off the path into the undergrowth towards the ruined buildings

7) - 6:20 Inside the compound

8) - 7:30 Back towards the pond.

9) - 8:30 Back up the ramp to the river bank; at the top of the boat steps going down into the river, about to double back the other way along the river.

10) - 8:56 Past the top of the ramp again (on the right), following the river path, on the other side of the trees from the pond.

11) - 10:00 Turn right off the river path, back down the embankment to rejoin the path around the pond.

12) - 10:55 Turn left, leave the pond path, heading back to Beresford park.

A) - The shipping container they were trying to open

B) - The intact locked boathouse that they were opening today.

C) - The area that they were 'searching' today. Clearing brambles with power strimmers.

D) - The main car park, including the porters hut.

E) - The gatekeeper's cottage

I've updated this post with time codes for the video with the relevant location on the map.

I just struggle to believe ITV would have gone ahead and run that footage if it was known to be him.

Also I would think passing cars and foot traffic was quite high in that area with a takeaway, late night Sainsbury's and pub close by. Someone surely saw Libby go to that car if that is what happened?

Actually this is one of those details that I think has got mixed up in this case. Police have only ever said Libby is seen on CCTV on Beverley Road near the bench. Not actually sitting on it. In earlier statements by Humberside they have said she may have been in the area until 12:09 (a subtle reference to the spiderweb cam) but now have ruled it out but can't/don't want to say yet?
My recall is that they said she had left the area by 12.09, which is still the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suns12035