Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #6 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Libby Squire may have come to harm?
No *advertiser censored*, Sherlock!
I suggest we stage a coup and take over Humberside Police, show 'em how it's done. Who's coming?

Obviously I fully respect everything the police have done really, and I was v impressed at the start but things aren't clear now and it's not helping (me).

Maybe the 12:05 car driving down on the CCTV is the last confirmed sighting of her on the bench from the occupants.

Then that could still be her getting in the car on spider cam and leaving at 12:09!
I understand what you are saying but if she’s gone by 12:05 she isn’t in the cctv spider car then ....

Didn't anybody pick up on it?

Iirc the date and time code on the original video (on Daily Mail before it was changed for a clearer extended version) that was posted of Libby outside the Welly was wrong. It said something like 03/02/2019 14.4(something), I think.

I mentioned it a ways back in an old thread before they changed the vid.

If she actually left the area at 12.05, it is still the case that she had left the area by 12.09, they appear to have refined their detail?

The detail has been altered in her placement too. Previously she was near to a bench close to the bus stop and junction of Haworth Road - now the sighting (not CCTV) is on Beverley Road at the junction of Haworth Street, much more precise imo.
I'm probably being pedantic here sorry.

There’s gaps in the video watch the timer it’s a 9 minute time slot and we see something like x minutes of it , they tell you it’s been cut down

If you watch the time stamp from when he sits down to when he gets up there are minutes missing. I believe the footage was edited by ITV (unsure why if he was just smoking)

Yes I understand that the time was chopped down. I had realised it hadnt taken me over 9 minutes to watch the footage.

The thing is the time he sits down to roll is 00:02:20 and he gets back up again at 00:05:15. That is less than three minutes to roll a cig, smoke it and stub it out.

I think not.

I've gone back and watched this again. And again. I slowed it down to 0.25 and ramped up the contrast tinkered with the brightness. I am beginning to lean toward somebody getting in. It would appear that they were invited into the car as the person that opened the door moves toward the rear of the vehicle before reappearing to close the door after the passenger is inside.

Another thing I noticed when watching the video is that the person "rolling a cigarette" does not appear to smoke it despite the media claims. I saw no smoke nor did I see him dispose of the stub when he stood up. What else could he be doing with his hands?

It cuts to him using both thumbs. Looks like texting to me. We decided on here we thought his smoking was cut out of the video

Great to watch ... are cars able to drive from any direction into the "park" to get near the pond or river area ?

I think that would be pretty much Council cars only.

There is a park keeper's hut inside the main car park at the Beresford Avenue entrance. They would presumably hold all the various park keys in there. The staff wear green, the cars/vans are yellow.

Once you are in the carpark, there is a track out the other side but it barred by a locked gate.

At some point there is always a gate to stop a car, day or night, from advancing that far.

Appearances can be deceiving, the park is actually pretty decently maintained. The staff drive in and out all the time, and there are fairs held near the pond in the summer. They have the versatility to be able to open/close access to cars pretty easily and quickly.

On foot that is entirely different. Apart from the boundary with Croda, and houses on the far North side, the park is not fenced in at all.

Does that make sense?

1. I'm wondering why it has taken 2 weeks for LE to show what Libby was wearing?

2. Maybe totally off the wall, but....maybe Libby ran into the park to get away from someone, knocked at the door of the house in/near the park....maybe she's in that house?

Re no. 2 - very good point. Could be an evening of terrible incidences.

The below are from Humberside Police:

February 1st

February 14th:

Something changed, got clarified or got eliminated?
What I'm thinking is, the 12.09 time was not a sighting, in fact it was a 'not sighting' a time after which she has not been seen. That would tally with her leaving at a time up to 12.09. They now think the last sighting was at 12.05, they have been scouring CCTV footage for days, it makes sense to me that they are able to get a bit closer to what happened, as with the footage from the Welly, they don't appear to me to have changed their mind.
I don't think this discounts the spider cam footage as being her abduction, because LE have not confirmed that it is her, so are not describing it as a 'sighting'?
The last 'sighting' could be new information of someone collecting her from the bench at 12.05.

Regarding the new discrepancy in last sighting of LS. They have a confirmed interaction with the Citroen-driving greybeard at the bench. I recall someone local to Hull mentioning 360 degree council or police cameras at junctions on main routes. Maybe the police only have camera footage up to 00:05 when the road camera rotated?

If PR did make an abduction to the park he will have to account for a missing 15 minutes in the timeline assuming other street cameras have caught his vehicle.

I think the Haworth street cctv footage was released to put pressure on his wife. To see that raw footage might lead her to disclosing other info. For example, if there was a soiled driver seat/footwell in the Astra on the Friday morning.

The only ‘fact’ I feel sure about right now is that PR is definitely involved somehow and was possibly the last person to her, the police spent a loooong time last weekend interviewing him, successfully getting CPS extensions and flying top brass up in helicopters at the last minute, they must have some info that strongly connects him to this case to make abduction charges.

I think they need to release much more info before people just forget and move on with their lives.

Regarding the new discrepancy in last sighting of LS. They have a confirmed interaction with the Citroen-driving greybeard at the bench. I recall someone local to Hull mentioning 360 degree council or police cameras at junctions on main routes. Maybe the police only have camera footage up to 00:05 when the road camera rotated?

If PR did make an abduction to the park he will have to account for a missing 15 minutes in the timeline assuming other street cameras have caught his vehicle.

I think the Haworth street cctv footage was released to put pressure on his wife. To see that raw footage might lead her to disclosing other info. For example, if there was a soiled driver seat/footwell in the Astra on the Friday morning.
I think you're right about the camera rotating and not seeing where she went.

I was saying before that I increased the contrast and brightness on the Haworth street footage and it definitely looks like a man getting into the passenger seat.

And that before the man sits down it looks like a person reaching forward from the back seat and someone pushing the arms back.

I do know however that we can probably see anything in the footage if we watch it enough but it really does look like a man that gets in the passenger side and he's wearing dark trousers.

Not sure if this has been discussed in previous threads but I screen grabbed a photo of a car on the corner of Haworth St, just outside Sash hairdressers and right opposite where the CCTV car is.

In my opinion, the car looks identical to the one which drives past in the CCTV footage, except it has a rack on the top but this could have been taken off.

This would also make sense due to it being a dead end from this side.

Just thought they must have seen something, such as whether Libby was stood outside the car or not.

The distance is is literally couple of metres.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 18.54.07.png Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 19.58.23.png

Personally I think Paweł's story isn't adding up and he is denying he went into Oak road Playing Fields that night with Libby, so the police are looking for any evidence that they entered the park. The CCTV likely indicates they drove somewhere very close to this area, and the screams the neighbours heard indicate something might have happened to a girl in the park. The police could have CCTV footage of Paweł returning home after these screams were purported to have occurred. Its far too much of a coincidence.

There's a few things that spring to mind. Paweł may smoke a particular type of cigarette/tobacco and his dna (possibly shared with Libby if she took a drag) could be found. Paweł was stealing condoms from the students houses, and he may have used one in order to not get arrested later for rape. A condom could have been left behind and would have both their DNA on it. Finding anything belonging to either of them could narrow down the search area because it would indicate whereabouts in the park the incident happened.

If there was a scuffle, which it sounds like there was, personal items of Libby could be scattered somewhere. We know she didn't have her phone, and possibly not her keys, but she probably had her wallet (which she used to pay for the taxi home) and obviously her clothing which they have an accurate description of, and if there was a sexual intention her underwear could have been removed and shoes fallen off. One thing I find silly on behalf of the police is that they seem to have not sealed the area. The damp mud could have preserved perfect footprints, and Libby was wearing Vans old skool shoes, which I also wear, and they always leave a distinct mark in the mud because they were originally designed to grip skateboards.

All very plausible

The police control room can override the automatic operation of those junction cameras. Something I would expect them to do when they see a girl by herself on or near a park bench and a car parks up near to her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member