Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #6 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My recall is that they said she had left the area by 12.09, which is still the case.

The below are from Humberside Police:

February 1st

• Libby arrived on Wellesley Avenue, her home address, around 11.29pm, although it’s not believed she entered the property.
  • On searching the address, we did discover her mobile phone which despite analysis, has not provided any further insight as to where she may be or her movements that night.
  • She was seen on CCTV on Beverley Road at 11.40pm, and seen near to a bench close to the bus stop and junction with Haworth Street, when a motorist stops and offers her help.
  • We believe she may have been in this area until around 12.09am

February 14th:

The last sighting of Libby is believed to be around 12.05am on Beverley Road at the junction with Haworth Street on Friday 1 February, where she was wearing a black denim skirt and faux leather jacket as pictured and distinctive trainers.

Something changed, got clarified or got eliminated?

Just one small question , where is the police original statement on her clothing I always thought it was a black mini skirt with lace ..... but it’s actually ‘laces’ . Have I just read the description wrong when we first knew or was it incorrect ..... not that it matters too much but I’d like to know

I think I read either black lace or black laced. Either way I was thinking the net kind as opposed to laces

February 1st

February 14th:

Exactly , they didn’t even say 12:10 but 12:09 and now 12:05 why would you not stick to a consistent time you’ve always given out

I think I read either black lace or black laced. Either way I was thinking the net kind as opposed to laces

Yes I had it in my mind something a bit ‘girly’ rather than ‘rock n roll’ is the best way I can put it

They now say around 12:05 ..... why change the time
12.05 is for last confirmed sighting, they didn’t say that’s when she left the area.

It’s all a bit confusing and vague though. I don’t see why they can’t clarify the details of what they know about her last sighting.

From what I'm reading here the police only seem to be doing small searches in that park and not one big search with dozens and dozens of officers and dogs etc. I mean a very thorough fingertip search with them in lines. They seem to be just in small groups searching specific areas don't they? I wonder why that is? I know it's a big park but I find it odd. Wonder if it's to be seen to be doing something but they don't think she's in that park. Maybe they think he drove her somewhere else.

Personally I think Paweł's story isn't adding up and he is denying he went into Oak road Playing Fields that night with Libby, so the police are looking for any evidence that they entered the park. The CCTV likely indicates they drove somewhere very close to this area, and the screams the neighbours heard indicate something might have happened to a girl in the park. The police could have CCTV footage of Paweł returning home after these screams were purported to have occurred. Its far too much of a coincidence.

There's a few things that spring to mind. Paweł may smoke a particular type of cigarette/tobacco and his dna (possibly shared with Libby if she took a drag) could be found. Paweł was stealing condoms from the students houses, and he may have used one in order to not get arrested later for rape. A condom could have been left behind and would have both their DNA on it. Finding anything belonging to either of them could narrow down the search area because it would indicate whereabouts in the park the incident happened.

If there was a scuffle, which it sounds like there was, personal items of Libby could be scattered somewhere. We know she didn't have her phone, and possibly not her keys, but she probably had her wallet (which she used to pay for the taxi home) and obviously her clothing which they have an accurate description of, and if there was a sexual intention her underwear could have been removed and shoes fallen off. One thing I find silly on behalf of the police is that they seem to have not sealed the area. The damp mud could have preserved perfect footprints, and Libby was wearing Vans old skool shoes, which I also wear, and they always leave a distinct mark in the mud because they were originally designed to grip skateboards.

They now say around 12:05 ..... why change the time
If she actually left the area at 12.05, it is still the case that she had left the area by 12.09, they appear to have refined their detail?

Personally I think Paweł's story isn't adding up and he is denying he went into Oak road Playing Fields that night with Libby, so the police are looking for any evidence that they entered the park. The CCTV likely indicates they drove somewhere very close to this area, and the screams the neighbours heard indicate something might have happened to a girl in the park. The police could have CCTV footage of Paweł returning home after these screams were purported to have occurred. Its far too much of a coincidence.

There's a few things that spring to mind. Paweł may smoke a particular type of cigarette/tobacco and his dna (possibly shared with Libby if she took a drag) could be found. Paweł was stealing condoms from the students houses, and he may have used one in order to not get arrested later for rape. A condom could have been left behind and would have both their DNA on it. Finding anything belonging to either of them could narrow down the search area because it would indicate whereabouts in the park the incident happened.

If there was a scuffle, which it sounds like there was, personal items of Libby could be scattered somewhere. We know she didn't have her phone, and possibly not her keys, but she probably had her wallet (which she used to pay for the taxi home) and obviously her clothing which they have an accurate description of, and if there was a sexual intention her underwear could have been removed and shoes fallen off. One thing I find silly on behalf of the police is that they seem to have not sealed the area. The damp mud could have preserved perfect footprints, and Libby was wearing Vans old skool shoes, which I also wear, and they always leave a distinct mark in the mud because they were originally designed to grip skateboards.
I have constantly wondered why so many people including very well meaning students were allowed to search on foot all over the place including the park on Friday as initial reports began to filter through. Now I know she was a missing person and obviously people were encouraged to look for her. However the park had been walked over before being cordoned off if my memory serves me. Does anybody else remember the search time line prior to police cordoning off the park areas and csi arriving?

One thing I find silly on behalf of the police is that they seem to have not sealed the area. The damp mud could have preserved perfect footprints, and Libby was wearing Vans old skool shoes, which I also wear, and they always leave a distinct mark in the mud because they were originally designed to grip skateboards.

I find it very odd that the area hasn't been sealed off too.

If she actually left the area at 12.05, it is still the case that she had left the area by 12.09, they appear to have refined their detail?

I understand what you are saying but if she’s gone by 12:05 she isn’t in the cctv spider car then ....

If the timing came from CCTV or a DashCam it's not hard for either to be out by 5 minutes.

The CCTV from the Welly is out by about 9 hours.

9 hours ? I missed that being said ?

I have constantly wondered why so many people including very well meaning students were allowed to search on foot all over the place including the park on Friday as initial reports began to filter through. Now I know she was a missing person and obviously people were encouraged to look for her. However the park had been walked over before being cordoned off if my memory serves me. Does anybody else remember the search time line prior to police cordoning off the park areas and csi arriving?

Isn't this because they don't know where the crime scene is yet ( if any?) . The public could have found something and helped the investigation.

The park is around 75 acres, a huge area to cordon off and treat as a crime scene. especially if nothing of particular interest is found to narrow it down and confirm there are forensics worth preserving. They can't seal an area of that size for weeks, hoping that part of it will turn out to be the crime scene.

I have given this a lot of thought today.

Following this timeline from sun newspaper

00:03:08 A car appears to be unlocked as two flashes of light are seen on the secluded road outside

00:03:18 There are more flashes before a man is seen for the first time coming into view

00:03:29 He opens the door and sits facing out in the driver's side as he appears to roll a cigarette

00:03:37 A cyclist rides past who could be a vital witness

00:06:06 As the man smokes, another car drives past who again could hold key information

00:06:19 After sitting for two minutes and 52 seconds, the man walks away and car's lights flash again as though it is being locked

00:07:58 A person is then seen on the opposite side of the car who opens the front passenger door. Someone or something is then put inside the vehicle.

00:08:52 The man reappears and gets inside the driver's seat before driving off just before nine minutes past midnight.

So... the window of opportunity is less than 2 minutes for cobweb man to walk to LS and persuade her to go with him, keeping in mind she had already refused to go with gray beard and he had to know she was around the corner sitting on the bench before he approached her. His car is facing away from the junction and he has 1 minute and 39 seconds to walk to the end of the road spot her and get her in car. There doesn't sèem to be a struggle. If he forced her in car she could have been out before he got around to the drivers side if she was putting up a fight.

I just don't see this myself. Didn't I read that the cobweb cctv finish work at 12? Or a local shop? I think this person is purely picking someone up at end of the shift and were having a *advertiser censored* waiting for them to arrive.

However it has been reported that LS was lasted sighted at 12.09am which suggests that it is her on the cctv.

CCTV footage emerges of last sighting of missing Libby Squire 'in car with man' source
I think he came back from speaking to her saying he would go put her address into the sat nav. He walked back to the car sat and had a cig to take up some time. Went back saying he had done it and they were good to go.

February 1st

February 14th:

Sighting probably means witness confirmed sighting not cctv.

They could have said 'oh yes I can confirm she was there when I walked past at 12.05'.

She could still have been there for 4 more minutes after.

1300.jpg

Clothes similar to those Libby Squire was wearing when she went missing. Photograph: Henry Clare/PA

Missing student Libby Squire 'may have come to harm', police say
Thu 14 Feb 2019

(Sorry if repost)

Isn't this because they don't know where the crime scene is yet ( if any?) . The public could have found something and helped the investigation.

The park is around 75 acres, a huge area to cordon off and treat as a crime scene. especially if nothing of particular interest is found to narrow it down and confirm there are forensics worth preserving. They can't seal an area of that size for weeks, hoping that part of it will turn out to be the crime scene.
Yes good point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member