Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #6 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the homeowner can say no but it would look mighty suspicious! Nothing to hide, nothing to fear, as they say.
That would be a good reason to say no. Also saying no would not be enough reason to persuade anyone to sign off a search warrant.

Or possibly a house on Heathcote? I too am starting to lean towards 2 being involved. Would add more weight to the male voices and screams heard. Initially I thought it could be one person talking in perhaps polish/broken English. But what if Libby was attacked in a house near there and then taken to the park and dumped and the park screams were just foxes? JMO
Yeah it would back up the male voices!

I'm a bit doubtful about those park screams! If they kept everything in a small area it would make it hard to pick them up on any main Street CCTV. The police having such a small search area suggests they know she hasn't left the immediate area.

I thought they need a search warrant for any house they search? Am sure they can't just wander in and out searching houses even if someone's missing. What if an owner/occupier says no? What if someone's growing cannabis and doesn't want finding out?
Not if it's in an attempt to save a life, which may apply here.

Ah, I was so hung up on the time I didn't even look at the date.

Glad someone was paying attention.

I'm a numbers gal and rarely forget a date or phone number or numberplate. But faces and clothing descriptions? Nah, least observant person ever!

I'm still trying to work out how a large Park in a large town was so empty of people , it wasn't that late in the night , to what I've read it's not to best of places to be after dark , so now we are left with people that probably won't come forward, kids having a smoke, drugs, doging , or just a quick one with someone you meet earlier in the evening , late night dog walkers, most likely people did see things and won't come forward for many reasons ,just my opinion,

Apart from those types you mention I doubt that many people go in a park after midnight on a Thursday! For most it's work next day so they'll be in bed. Don't think many people take their dog for a walk at midnight either. I've been told I'm odd for taking her at 11 sometimes but not in a park.

Not if it's in an attempt to save a life, which may apply here.

Yes you're right. Just looked it up. If a human life is thought by a police officer to be in imminent danger then he or she can enter any premises and search without a warrant. This would apply here then if they thought she was being held but doubt they could start tearing a place apart without a warrant. So in domestic abuse cases that would apply too. If a woman rang and was being attacked and the guy answered the door and said "sorry officer but you're not coming in".

Yeah it would back up the male voices!

I'm a bit doubtful about those park screams! If they kept everything in a small area it would make it hard to pick them up on any main Street CCTV. The police having such a small search area suggests they know she hasn't left the immediate area.
I just keep trying to understand how she would get from the bench area to the park in the car, I know it’s not far and she was drunk but her instinct would kick in pretty quickly that something was awry and she’d be screaming bloody murder before she got IN to the park. If she was ‘gagged’ in some way then why let her scream for 15 minutes and draw attention when you’ve gone to the trouble of getting her there as quietly as possible. JMO. Unless she was semi conscious or froze in terror I could suppose

?? What do you recon .....
To be honest, what he is wearing reminds me of me now. Not long been in from work, had a shower, now watching telly in some shorts and a t shirt.
Now if my Mrs suddenly decided she wanted a take away or something from the shop I would just pop on my shoes and a fleece and off we go.
Or maybe my Mrs has been out at her mates and calls me to come and pick her up. Same thing.
What I’m trying to say is they don’t look like clothes you would wear if you were out unless it was a spur of the moment thing.

I've updated this post with time codes for the video with the relevant location on the map.
Thank you for this. It’s haunting. Even if I knew nothing about the place, it just gives me that feeling I’ve had a few times in
I agree it is possible he first told the wife and maybe she relayed it to his other relatives.

It makes sense because his wife was likely the first person he wanted to talk to in order to explain why he is not coming home.

Maybe she got in the car to drive to work (if she’s on standard maternity leave she would be due to start back around now) or take a kid to nursery and said “hey hon, why is there an address for a missing girl on your Sat Nav?” Who knows. It’s the Sat Nav part that gets me. Just doesn’t stack up.

A very quick question for local people, do homeless people regularly sleep in the park at night ,

To be honest, what he is wearing reminds me of me now. Not long been in from work, had a shower, now watching telly in some shorts and a t shirt.
Now if my Mrs suddenly decided she wanted a take away or something from the shop I would just pop on my shoes and a fleece and off we go.
Or maybe my Mrs has been out at her mates and calls me to come and pick her up. Same thing.
What I’m trying to say is they don’t look like clothes you would wear if you were out unless it was a spur of the moment thing.
I was more referring to his stance

I'm back guys! Walked maybe 8 miles to and from and through the park (Oak Rd) and south along the riverbank (downstream). I walked as far as I could get along that stretch of the river before the path became too overgrown, sloppy and tapered off towards the bridge over the dual carriageway near B&Q on Clough Road. I didn't really take many pics of the park itself tbh... there was nothing to see that hasn't already been documented by the Hull Daily Mail, etc. The pics are of the river areas and might help you all get a better feel for it. My boots and jeans are blathered in mud, lol! One thing - a spot on in the soil against the fence that separates the wind turbine from the river - caught my attention but it's probably nothing. Will come back in a bit...

My first thought when I read the part about your muddy trousers was my God, when my husband has been out at night and left me with the kids I am usually awake when he gets home - if a kid isn’t up, then the fact that I’m a very light sleeper means I hear him come in. I also do the very vast majority of the laundry. I would notice mud immediately. And if I was asleep when he came in and I didn’t wake, he would still have had to shower if he was wearing shorts. My husband has also never once been out walking the dog and NOT gotten muddy trainer prints in the hallway or left his muddy trainers lying on the doorstep begging for a wash. Point is, it’s likely that if a man has been in a muddy park in the middle of the night, the wife is likely to notice signs.

This is a bike video of me going along the river side path from the south of the main search area from a few years ago. Gives you some more idea of the scale and accessibility of the area.

Only really of interest to give an idea of the area the Police have been searching, I don't think any of this is relevant if he's staying with his car, or having to carry something heavy.

If a person was spiked, and compliant, and was able to walk for themselves, then you can see the huge and difficult area to search.

Skip to 3:11 leave the footpath/road at Stoneferry Bridge, turn left onto the West bank of the river, heading North, towards Oak Road/Beresford Park.

Skip to 8:00ish - passing the Croda plant on the left...

Ends as I get to the wind turbine.

Attachments

• sf.png
    sf.png
    906.6 KB · Views: 17
  • sfm.png
    sfm.png
    1 MB · Views: 18
I'm a numbers gal and rarely forget a date or phone number or numberplate. But faces and clothing descriptions? Nah, least observant person ever!
You're not alone on here on the faces front.

I could put a picture of a cat up on here, tell everyone it's the person who committed the crime and 95% of people would say it looks exactly like PR.

Ah, I was so hung up on the time I didn't even look at the date.

Glad someone was paying attention.
"I want the people of Hull to understand we just want to help. It was difficult at first because the time and date in the footage is incorrect and was showing up in March. "I was away at the weekend and the police came around for the CCTV footage this morning." Lukasz Rybus. Owner of the property next to Welly quoted from Feb12th HDM article re Welly cctv

Difficult to suss his body language out when he is looking down a lot at his press release to read out, and keep his hands neutral/non moving, but I did note when he talked about potentially jeopardising any future investigations he double blinks at the end of that sentence at 'future investigations' on that final word. I don't think he is hopeful of a future investigation....OR he doesn't think anything will jeopardise any future investigations OR he knows already that something out there already (the cobweb CCTV?) has already jeopardised any future investigations. I would say on balance its the last choice.

He does also double blink when at the end he says 'to call 101 and to help us find her.' He DB's on the call 101. I don't think he is expecting any new evidence to be phoned in, apart from a body appearing.

I conclude he is not at all hopeful of finding anything further out from the public. Oh my...poor Libby and her family.

I’m trying to decide if it’s interesting that he said “one man has been arrested” instead of “A man has been arrested...”

the car expert on here told it’s a 100% fact it’s the same car , not a remote possibility of him being wrong he said

I agree the car in cctv is an Astra Mark 5 SXi
Ah okay, sorry. Thanks for correcting me. I actually remember reading those posts. Honestly, I was paying more attention to the movement in the car and the activity of the person/people on camera and trying to make some sense of what I could see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisacfuller