Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. just read through this thread (my poor eyes!). Intriguing, incredibly sad but as you say, heartwarming at the passion and dedication of not only friends, but complete strangers. I don’t like scotch but a gin will suffice!

It's a really heartwarming read isn't it? Just puts such a positive and encouraging sense of how constant and 'caring observervers ' can assist - (even if the eventual discovery was so sad)

Talking about this with a few freinds one of the things that makes this so difficult to process is that PR actually looks such a likeable and amiable person , its quite hard to conceive that he could have done something so attrocious. Even tho i think he did.
I dont know what PR's wife , sisters or mum are like but i wonder if the police could get them to visit him and talk to him and pursuade him if hes done anything wrong to confess and say where Libby is and at least give Libbys parents that peace.

So did Theodore Robert Bundy!!

Unfortunately I also think that the park is a massive red herring.

So do I

An animated trip from Youtube showing the River Hull from it's end where it joins the Humber Estuary, which then leads to the sea at Spurn Point. Perhaps someone with better local knowledge could post a timepoint where we pass park ?

At 2:07 you have Croda on your left and can see the wind turbine coming into view. That's the start of the park on your left. Then as it loops round that's where the pond is. And then it's all park until you see houses.

Very interesting, good find!!

Jumping off Beth's post above, this is one for the locals:

What typically happens when someone falls into the river Hull? Do bodies get found anywhere particularly or is the assumption they reached the estuary?

I ask because for example in York there is a marina area a few miles downstream (can't for the life of me think what it's called) and it seems bodies sometimes end up snagging around there, lots of boats parked up etc.
Naburn lock and there is another one on the opposite side of York as well.

I still think he is working with someone. In the CCTV I got the impression that he was sitting there making sure the road was clear and waiting for someone else to bring her to the car. I think he's just the driver.

Interesting, but I think - JMOO - 'he' saw a vulnerable young woman in distress while he was in the area for "other" reasons. I don't think Libby was his main reason for being there.... poor Libby, wrong place, wrong time for this *advertiser censored***hole who was there for some other connection. JIMO.

At 2:07 you have Croda on your left and can see the wind turbine coming into view. That's the start of the park on your left. Then as it loops round that's where the pond is. And then it's all park until you see houses.

Very interesting, good find!!

Thanks .. you can see how anyone in the dark and drunk could run out of the park straight into the river

The last KNOWN POSITIVE activity surely is Libby getting in the car.

REGARDLESS of bench of CCTV we KNOW she got in his car because HE TOLD US.

So was that AFTER she was on the bench? If so, then we have ABSOLUTELY NO LEADS that Libby got out of his car.

If we are dealing with that then the concentration has to be on the car, and for the Police, surely if she was in PRs car that got towed away, and HE DROVE her away from Hull in that car, isn't that going to get picked up on traffic cams somehow somewhere? What of NPR? I know it only 'pings' when it gets a hit, but it has to electronically put that number plate into an initial database FIRST to be able to match with the database of wanted numbers. So surely, if x number of weeks/months down the line there must be a record of every car that passed thru an NPR check?

If PR is just outright lying and he/they used another car then is that a completely cold trail if that car is practically unidentifiable?

The man from the local press was of the opinion that trafficking was involved. If that is the case then it darkens the whole aspect in many ways. 1) It means that PR is possibly working for someone who offers him more protection/danger than the UK authorities 2) She could have been anywhere in the country very quickly that night. 3) These people may already have networks/facilities in place to move people very quickly and completely off radar. 4) Which also means that they may be well practised on the theory and practise of stealth while committing crimes, and leaving very little trace.

That whole scenario leaves me cold. Incidentally, there is quite a large and growing Eastern European 'prostitute/slave' problem in Hull, as elsewhere. 'They' often rent houses, often for 6 months, and fill them with Eastern European girls, largely undocumented; predominantly Romanian/Hungarian, often it's above a shop/takeaway. The question that always bothered me was how the girls were always undocumented (or had fakes) - meaning the gangs running these brothels had the means to traffic people across borders, (Hull has a large commercial container dock on the Humber) and also the means to forge passports.

Yes as Cagney pointed out if the gates were locked he may very likely just have parked up in some secluded spot on oak rd. Is he going to carry a body 200 meters into and through a public park that is notorious for having youngsters hanging around ? unlikely. Imo hes going to prioritise seclusion and go for somewhere private like the croda land , it just depends if theres an obvious way into them , or he might have found a secluded spot by the fence , even along by the road. Hopefully the police are checking.

Right and lets not forget that since it appears she may have willingly got in his car then even if he parked on the street then she may have willingly walked with him into the park area until he turned all pervy on her.

I am sure he was pretending to be nice at first. He may have even asked her if she wanted to smoke a joint or something to get her to walk into the park area with him.

The last KNOWN POSITIVE activity surely is Libby getting in the car.

REGARDLESS of bench of CCTV we KNOW she got in his car because HE TOLD US.

So was that AFTER she was on the bench? If so, then we have ABSOLUTELY NO LEADS that Libby got out of his car.

If we are dealing with that then the concentration has to be on the car, and for the Police, surely if she was in PRs car that got towed away, and HE DROVE her away from Hull in that car, isn't that going to get picked up on traffic cams somehow somewhere? What of NPR? I know it only 'pings' when it gets a hit, but it has to electronically put that number plate into an initial database FIRST to be able to match with the database of wanted numbers. So surely, if x number of weeks/months down the line there must be a record of every car that passed thru an NPR check?

If PR is just outright lying and he/they used another car then is that a completely cold trail if that car is practically unidentifiable?

The man from the local press was of the opinion that trafficking was involved. If that is the case then it darkens the whole aspect in many ways. 1) It means that PR is possibly working for someone who offers him more protection/danger than the UK authorities 2) She could have been anywhere in the country very quickly that night. 3) These people may already have networks/facilities in place to move people very quickly and completely off radar. 4) Which also means that they may be well practised on the theory and practise of stealth while committing crimes, and leaving very little trace.

That whole scenario leaves me cold. Incidentally, there is quite a large and growing Eastern European 'prostitute/slave' problem in Hull, as elsewhere. 'They' often rent houses, often for 6 months, and fill them with Eastern European girls, largely undocumented; predominantly Romanian/Hungarian, often it's above a shop/takeaway. The question that always bothered me was how the girls were always undocumented (or had fakes) - meaning the gangs running these brothels had the means to traffic people across borders, (Hull has a large commercial container dock on the Humber) and also the means to forge passports.

This is why our current climate of not wishing to offend anyone or anything is leading to serious harm on people. The notion that everyone is a complete individual is false. Certain groups/communities are prone to things that others are generally not.

Eastern Europeans are the leaders in prostitution in the UK. Masses of prostitutes in the UK are from Romania and lots from Poland. They also are involved in people trafficking, although yes, it's commonly girls from their countries into the UK for prostitution but the other way does happen too. Libby isn't a prime target with her background but a drunk student on a cold night that could have harmed herself is a good cover up story.

Even if the police suspected this they wouldn't whisper a single word due to the public outrage that it would cause.

I was inclined to think she was in the water but it it's questionable as to why after 2 weeks she hasn't been found yet. Not a single trace of evidence. Perhaps the truth really is much deeper.

I can't really fully justify why but my gut feeling is that PR didn't do it. Yes he's clearly a bit weird and creepy and it would all make sense for most people if he's graduated from masturbating outside windows to stealing knickers to then finally grabbing a woman. However if it was him then I think he'd have left a lot of evidence and been caught, he's not a meticulous planner judging by the earlier accused crimes and I think to get away with this if he did it then he must be the luckiest guy ever.

Has it been said how he ended up getting charged for the other offences? I'm presuming he must have taken recordings or other evidence as the voyeurism charge was from way back in July 2017.

I suppose it would depend on if a person managed to force her some of the way into the park rather than be looking for a disposal site
Maybe but its minus 5 degrees , i just dont see someone intent on sexual assault marching someone through a public park inhabited by youths in freezing temperatures , your gonna find somewhere quiet and undisturebed and not venture far from the car.

This is why our current climate of not wishing to offend anyone or anything is leading to serious harm on people. The notion that everyone is a complete individual is false. Certain groups/communities are prone to things that others are generally not.

Eastern Europeans are the leaders in prostitution in the UK. Masses of prostitutes in the UK are from Romania and lots from Poland. They also are involved in people trafficking, although yes, it's commonly girls from their countries into the UK for prostitution but the other way does happen too. Libby isn't a prime target with her background but a drunk student on a cold night that could have harmed herself is a good cover up story.

Even if the police suspected this they wouldn't whisper a single word due to the public outrage that it would cause.

I was inclined to think she was in the water but it it's questionable as to why after 2 weeks she hasn't been found yet. Not a single trace of evidence. Perhaps the truth really is much deeper.

A very true opinion IMO, and one worth serious consideration. Not only prostitution, people trafficking, but also drugs

and gangs, how sensitive do we need to be here, this is a really serious case ?. Was PR involved in any of these ? How

do we know ? Their involvement could be really influential in what PR is willing to admit. So atm I think we should be

open to considering every possibility here.

I suppose the reason I’m drawn to Libby’s plight is because we have the local unsolved murder of Melanie hall from bath in 1996. Body/bones undiscovered until 2009. Disappeared after night out also. She’s very local and family known to many since she disappeared, and I just hope that Libby is not another Melanie.

Obviously times have changed and so much more technology to help in an investigation today.

If I was her parents.... and had the information that all websleuths have publicly available then....
I would just like to see some MAJOR searching going on in all open areas around her home area and maybe civilian searches ? as it seems there is a vast expanse of area potentially unsearched.
If this isn’t happening then I can only assume that

A. They have no real info to search specific locations
Or
B. They have intelligence to say she is NOT likely to be in the area and haven’t made that known to public.

Is anyone aware of any non local to libby searches being undertaken?

I can't really fully justify why but my gut feeling is that PR didn't do it. Yes he's clearly a bit weird and creepy and it would all make sense for most people if he's graduated from masturbating outside windows to stealing knickers to then finally grabbing a woman. However if it was him then I think he'd have left a lot of evidence and been caught, he's not a meticulous planner judging by the earlier accused crimes and I think to get away with this if he did it then he must be the luckiest guy ever.

Has it been said how he ended up getting charged for the other offences? I'm presuming he must have taken recordings or other evidence as the voyeurism charge was from way back in July 2017.

I think along the same lines as you, I think there’s been a lot of coincidences/red herrings that night coupled with the fact that they maybe don’t have any CCTV of her after the bench area so have no idea what happened or where she went. I think the screams probably were foxes too.

The fact that there has been so little info from the police and most of what we know has come from the press then it can’t really be taken as fact, it’s certainly not fact that it is PR and his car in Haworth Street nor is it fact she got in the car with him.

Does anyone know if there is any CCTV that could have captured her on Beresford Street if she, for some reason walked up that way into the park on her own?

Jumping off Beth's post above, this is one for the locals:

What typically happens when someone falls into the river Hull? Do bodies get found anywhere particularly or is the assumption they reached the estuary?

I ask because for example in York there is a marina area a few miles downstream (can't for the life of me think what it's called) and it seems bodies sometimes end up snagging around there, lots of boats parked up etc.

Naburn is where the marina is.

EDIT: Sorry! I just realised after catching up that other folks have already replied to this!

Last edited:
Maybe but its minus 5 degrees , i just dont see someone intent on sexual assault marching someone through a public park inhabited by youths in freezing temperatures , your gonna find somewhere quiet and undisturebed and not venture far from the car.

Would it be inhabited by youths at -5 after midnight?

I suppose the reason I’m drawn to Libby’s plight is because we have the local unsolved murder of Melanie hall from bath in 1996. Body/bones undiscovered until 2009. Disappeared after night out also. She’s very local and family known to many since she disappeared, and I just hope that Libby is not another Melanie.

Obviously times have changed and so much more technology to help in an investigation today.

If I was her parents.... and had the information that all websleuths have publicly available then....
I would just like to see some MAJOR searching going on in all open areas around her home area and maybe civilian searches ? as it seems there is a vast expanse of area potentially unsearched.
If this isn’t happening then I can only assume that

A. They have no real info to search specific locations
Or
B. They have intelligence to say she is NOT likely to be in the area and haven’t made that known to public.

Is anyone aware of any non local to libby searches being undertaken?

Great post. ^^^^

I wholeheartedly agree that much more intensive searching could be done with tons of dogs and tons of people searchers. To at least eliminate that she is definitely not there.

A SAR person (search and rescue) said on another thread that even when you dont find something then that is still good news because you now know where someone is not.

We will never know unless every square inch of that park is looked at and that would take a well organized massive search. And we know that has not been done yet unfortunately.

If she went in the river, that is a whole different type of searching that would take special resources.

One of the locals will be able to answer better in relation to this particular park, but there's nothing more British than 14-15 year old youths huddled together in a freezing cold park passing around a 3 litre bottle of cider. :)

Back in my day is was White Lightning or Thunderbird. Along with very poor attempts at rolling a joint with old holburn and freezing hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme