Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the locals will be able to answer better in relation to this particular park, but there's nothing more British than 14-15 year old youths huddled together in a freezing cold park passing around a 3 litre bottle of cider. :)

I agree ..I can definitely get the concept but would usually be in some sort of shelter / bandstand type place if in park and that cold

I was inclined to think she was in the water but it it's questionable as to why after 2 weeks she hasn't been found yet. Not a single trace of evidence. Perhaps the truth really is much deeper.

It is a dark thought, but the only glimmer of hope we have that Libby is still alive - even if under the most terrifying and grotesque of conditions. If it is or becomes the working suspicion, would the NCA and European/international policing and intelligence agencies get involved? There'd be a lot of resources put to use there.
Maybe it's a stretch, but these are desperate times. I hate to think she is suffering somewhere, drugged up, terrified, confused, abused for other people's sick greed and pleasure, perhaps alongside other victims. It's the ultimate nightmare. But the alternatives can't provide a better outcome for her loved ones? If there is even a faint scenario, however grotesque, where she is found, rescued and brought home to receive the love, attention and help she needs to rekindle something of a life, how can we not hope for it? :(
It's all so confusing.

I suppose the reason I’m drawn to Libby’s plight is because we have the local unsolved murder of Melanie hall from bath in 1996. Body/bones undiscovered until 2009. Disappeared after night out also. She’s very local and family known to many since she disappeared, and I just hope that Libby is not another Melanie.

Obviously times have changed and so much more technology to help in an investigation today.

If I was her parents.... and had the information that all websleuths have publicly available then....
I would just like to see some MAJOR searching going on in all open areas around her home area and maybe civilian searches ? as it seems there is a vast expanse of area potentially unsearched.
If this isn’t happening then I can only assume that

A. They have no real info to search specific locations
Or
B. They have intelligence to say she is NOT likely to be in the area and haven’t made that known to public.

Is anyone aware of any non local to libby searches being undertaken?

I can't help thinking that there is something more sinister being investigated, hence the seemingly half-hearted search attempts starting at 10:30am and finishing around 4pm and no requests to get the public involved. Someone (can't remember who) said the police person they spoke to in the park didn't seem very enthusiastic about what they were searching for. Is the search a cover for different and deeper detective work they they don't want the public or potential perpetrators to know about?

A very true opinion IMO, and one worth serious consideration. Not only prostitution, people trafficking, but also drugs

and gangs, how sensitive do we need to be here, this is a really serious case ?. Was PR involved in any of these ? How

do we know ? Their involvement could be really influential in what PR is willing to admit. So atm I think we should be

open to considering every possibility here.

As a local I can tell you that there is a large foreign national population in Hull. A very large proportion of which are Eastern European. They have been part of the fabric for 20 years now, and have never been any trouble - they were always hard workers and have integrated well. I've worked in factories and they used 100% agency workers, a very large proportion were Eastern European.

What that does mean though is there is a very deep network - basically if you go around the city at 4/5am you will see little group of people standing on main roads, they are waiting for pick ups to go and work in factories, and in summer to go and work in the fields. And that has been going of for at least the past 2 decades. But that element, like many others, have had a darker elements hese past few years.

So it is possible for a Polish National who has only been here for a very short time to actually be part of a developed network already here. Finding 'off the radar' work in Hull is probably easier than buying drugs off the street.

Does he have any connections to the docks? Other than the docks also using agencies for their staff... who knows at this point, we are LITERALLY into conspiracy theories!

Until the Police fess up more... if they know anymore...

Last edited:
Back in my day is was White Lightning or Thunderbird. Along with very poor attempts at rolling a joint with old holburn and freezing hands

Castaways or 20/20 for me....

One of the locals will be able to answer better in relation to this particular park, but there's nothing more British than 14-15 year old youths huddled together in a freezing cold park passing around a 3 litre bottle of cider. :)

i agree come rain or shine. but maybe not on a Thursday night though?

Would it be inhabited by youths at -5 after midnight?

Highly possible, this entire place is a youth attractor. The question would be the time and temparature.

Don't forget, our criminal/burglary fraternity will likely know all the little ins and outs. The river is a major access point to the back fences of a lot of industry, so getting away on foot into the darkness of the park with it's myriad of exits would be pretty normal I guess.

It is a dark thought, but the only glimmer of hope we have that Libby is still alive - even if under the most terrifying and grotesque of conditions. If it is or becomes the working suspicion, would the NCA and European/international policing and intelligence agencies get involved? There'd be a lot of resources put to use there.
Maybe it's a stretch, but these are desperate times. I hate to think she is suffering somewhere, drugged up, terrified, confused, abused for other people's sick greed and pleasure, perhaps alongside other victims. It's the ultimate nightmare. But the alternatives can't provide a better outcome for her loved ones? If there is even a faint scenario, however grotesque, where she is found, rescued and brought home to receive the love, attention and help she needs to rekindle something of a life, how can we not hope for it? :(
It's all so confusing.

Perhaps that is what they mean by a lot more going on behind the scenes that they can't speak of. Yes it's truly awful but I feel if the outcome is the end result of her being saved then we must explore the awful and not let uncomfortable notions hinder us in the exploration of possibilities, because us feeling uncomfortable over such things is nothing in comparison to what she could be going to and a great insult to her suffering that we would not save her because of our own feelings.

A young girl has possibly entered a vehicle. She has since then disappeared without a trace. All areas should be explored.

He could not be admitting to it because he knows she will not be found in their search area and he also remains a person of interest because he is connected to a larger circle.

I can't help thinking that there is something more sinister being investigated, hence the seemingly half-hearted search attempts starting at 10:30am and finishing around 4pm and no requests to get the public involved. Someone (can't remember who) said the police person they spoke to in the park didn't seem very enthusiastic about what they were searching for. Is the search a cover for different and deeper detective work they they don't want the public or potential perpetrators to know about?

The group of coppers I spoke to, there were 5 of them, and they were wearing protective masks and clearing the brambles. Apart from one or two of them had jerseys on that said "Police" they could have been park workers. They were literally just clearing the undergrowth. There was no subsidiary team with them carefully following behind. They didn't seem prepared or equipped for a search, they were prepared and equipped for a hack-slash through the brambles.

Great post. ^^^^

I wholeheartedly agree that much more intensive searching could be done with tons of dogs and tons of people searchers. To at least eliminate that she is definitely not there.

A SAR person (search and rescue) said on another thread that even when you dont find something then that is still good news because you now know where someone is not.

We will never know unless every square inch of that park is looked at and that would take a well organized massive search. And we know that has not been done yet unfortunately.

If she went in the river, that is a whole different type of searching that would take special resources.

But Hatfield, where are all these SAR (Search & Rescue) groups working? Underwater teams etc we are told on MSM but with no reports or pics provided, so where are these searches taking place?.

I have followed so many missing people cases here over the years, and MSM reports are so valuable for police/LE to inform the public and help, but this one?? .... It is not happening is it?

I might be quite wrong I admit, but this doesn't seem like only a missing persons case to me. JIMO.

Would it be inhabited by youths at -5 after midnight?
Probably not but its still a possibility. I get that sexual assaults do commonly happen in parks and it is a possibility that he saw the park as the ideal place to do what he wanted to do. I just think it would make more sense to stay in the warmth of the car and not risk being seem frogmarching a drunk girl about in the dead of night. But it definitely is possible that he took her into the park.

Could it be that: (it only takes 1 cctv camera to not have been working at the time, or for LS to have recently got a new phone for Xmas or similar to not connect historically to PR) 1 anomaly is all it takes....

LS & PR know each other and have a casual / night time relationship

LS recently finds out he is married

She is very upset has a few drinks.

As a result she is turned away from club.

Gets taxi home.

In a drunken, emotive state, she decides to go to confront PR instead of going home.

She messages him when at the bench that if he doesn’t come out she while start knocking on doors or calling his name.

PR throws some shorts on, goes sits in the car rolls a cigarette.

Goes to the boot hence the lights flashing on off on off, grabs a weapon / carrier bag.

Goes to bench tells her to get in car and they will go and talk somewhere quiet.

If LS / PR communicate via social media / WhatsApp / encrypted messengers it could prove more difficult to link.

Just a thought anyway.

Last edited:
Could it be that: (it only takes 1 cctv camera to not have been working at the time, or for LS to have recently got a new phone for Xmas or similar to not connect historically to PR) 1 anomaly is all it takes....

Gets taxi home.

In a drunken, emotive state, she decides to go to confront PR instead of going home.

She texts him when at the bench that if he doesn’t come out she while start knocking on doors or calling his name.

Goes to the boot hence the lights flashing on off on off, grabs a weapon / carrier bag.

Goes to bench tells her to get in car and they will go and talk somewhere quiet.

If LS / PR communicate via social media / WhatsApp / encrypted messengers it could prove more difficult to link.

Just a thought anyway.

Extremely unlikely.

QUICK POLL

Nothing happened in the park

Really sorry Cags, but LE would have been asking the public in general for info at a certain time if they think the park is involved. I think (just IMOO) they can track PR's car so far, then either they lost him (he knows how to evade CCTV) or this connects to something much deeper.

Gets taxi home.

She texts him when at the bench that if he doesn’t come out she while start knocking on doors or calling his name.

Just a thought anyway.

Could be! I'm open to hearing new suggestions!

I change my mind on what happened now about 5 times a day!

I'm currently thinking that the police are just searching the park to make a possible accomplice think they have no idea what happened, making it likely for him to slip up!

QUICK POLL

Nothing happened in the park
I think something's more likely to have happened in those allotments! You probably get a really good view in peoples rear windows from down that back lane bit behind Claremont that leads to the allotments! I bet he's been round there watching people (if he is really a pervy lurker)

And the allotment area is huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members