Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's probably a bit of a stretch to assume even an otherwise perfectly reasonable and stable person could predict how they would react and what they're capable of doing under extraordinary circumstances that involve a lot of pressure and adrenaline, much less someone who seems as impulsive and opportunistic as PR. We know precisely nothing about the sequence of events that played out after Libby entered the car. Maybe he parked up, overpowered her and just went to town thinking she's too desensitised to recall anything. Maybe he didn't actually intend to lay a finger on her but whipped his bits out and begged her like a pathetic desperate sap to pleasure him. We have to consider her behaviour too, what she might've had it in her to do particularly with the nature-altering effects alcohol has on people. What if she became angry and hit him? Punched him in the balls or in the face? What if she then accused him (rightly) of "probably being the sick pervo who was caught fondling himself near my house"? Maybe dutch courage led her to unload a few home truths onto him? Perhaps he was made to feel small and pathetic, and he just flipped?

*shrugs*

It'd make more sense trying to apply logic to a situation of which we actually knew some concrete detail. Sadly, we know nothing and maybe never will.

I think too she could have been very flirty with him because she wanted him to keep her company / stay in his warm car and he thought that meant they'd have sex. She probably didn't think he'd touch her because he has a family which could have been obvious from the kids stuff in the car. There's no way he could have helped himself, she is probably the type of girl he fantasises about. And she could have rejected him in a way which he took serious offence to, which made matters worse.

I don't think pr is going to be spending any time in jail.

If the papers hadn't released his name.and picture I don't think he would have even been charged with any of the other crimes and would have been back in Poland by now.

He's supposed to have robbed someone on his own street a year ago but they've only now charged him? If they found stolen goods in his house he'll surely deny stealing them and just say he bought them of someone? How can they prove he stole them? They can't have recognised him from the picture n the papers because he lives on their street.and they would have seen him.

And the voyeurism charge they can't have CCTV evidence of him doing it or they would have arrested him earlier? So how could they prove that?

His lawyer will just say that since everyone thinks he's responsible for Libby going missing, that they're just blaming him for crimes and have just been looking for an excuse to keep him behind bars because they have no other suspects for Libby?

I've just got a bad feeling that months from now Libby will still be missing and pr will be back with his family in Poland. And probably suing the sun.

I think possibly LE will have prints/dna from the prev crimes , paddy ? Only on the abduction charge did they obtain a dna sample to match against?

I think she's probably still in that big park and just hasn't been found yet. Maybe one day a curious dog with a great nose will find her. If she was in there I bet you my beagle would find her. Their sense of smell is second only to a bloodhound's and hundreds of times better than a human's and they're used by the FBI to find bodies. They should have done a fingertip long line search. Can't understand why they haven't frankly. Unless they think the park is just too big.

I am pretty sure the dogs have been thru.

No chance the body is laying around. The police dogs would find it in 2secs

In past cases I have seen on the news, the police have organised huge search parties, cordoned off places of interest and had major appeals to the public for help.

Doesn't that rather suggest that the Police already know that the resolution of the case doesn't depend on that stuff?

Interesting thought but i still think this is simply a classic case of that he thought he was going to get his end away with a drunken girl and it has resulted in her being chased through park in dark and wouldn’t be surprised if she either fell or was pushed into river and then he just fled the scene with then the potential witness seeing the man running out. I think the police think she is in the river and hence have been combing the park area for any items dropped in any chase/ hiding in shrubs trying to get away...

Completely agree. I fear this one is over now until perhaps something turns up a long time from now with no useable evidence preserved

I have just returned from paying a visit to Hull. I find seeing things in person easier to get them in perspective. Four places we wanted to have a look at.

We approached Wellesley Avenue first, its very compact lots of cars on either side of the road. I’m not sure exactly which house Libby lived at but at most it would take 5 minutes walk to get to the bench off the Main Street.

We then noticed the bench Libby was sat at on the main road. It’s heavily busy here with traffic and takeaways/business’ flank Beverley road and also Cottingham road. This, along with the bus lane cameras I can see how the police must have a lot more CCTV than we are seeing. We then turned into Haworth street and went to the very end, positioned correctly it provides an unobstructed view of the bench. Also the cars in this street are heavily in numbers either side, you have to drive careful as there is not much space. You don’t drive off at the speed the car did on the CCTV if you aren’t up to something.

Thirdly, we approached Raglan Street where the house of interest still remained boarded up with the metal sheet.

It’s worth noting how deceiving the distance between Wellesley street and Raglan street is. It would take between 10 to 15 minutes walk depending on fitness level. Much closer than I detected going off maps.

Finally, we approached the Oak Road playing fields. A slight chill felt in my spine as imagine a scene with them both in the car, Libby expecting a left turn into her street but instead he drives on forward to the park. From that junction at the speed limit it took me a minute to reach the park. At this stage my partner with me felt very uneasy at the area and wanted to leave. I must admit it looks very intimidating at dark and covered in areas.

Notes:

Why would Libby want a ride home back to her house as quoted by PR sister? It doesn’t make sense it’s 2-5 minute walk around the corner from the bench. She’s practically there already.

I also was worried about the possibility of PR moving “anything” on the way to his work route. But I’m less inclined to believe that now with the police actions and also that the area immediately leaving hull from Wellesley is heavily armed with cameras/speed cameras.

When you went in Haworth street could you see the cctv camera in the business yard please , if you were parked there does it have a light on it so you’d see it or would you have no idea it’s there ?

I think that everyone wishes to know what had happened here and that is why we are on this site in the first place. Attempting to find an explanation or answers to this situation does involve getting close to scene for some people. Local people have the opportunity to do just that without travel involved. It is admirable that some people are so concerned about Libby that they are prepared to make the journey in order to try and make sense of this situation.

I’m afraid I can’t agree
None of us have any idea what routes this investigation is taking
The Police don’t want to divulge for perfectly understandable reasons
We have had locals take videos to show us the area and help us try and understand more clearly what the Police are dealing with
<modsnipped unnecessary comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems as good a place as any to just BUMP this Admin post;
UK - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

admin note:
These type of cases are emotional and tensions build when the victim cannot be found. Keep the discussion civil and respectful or face the loss of posting privileges. FYI Mods have the capability of issuing (individual member) thread reply bans which can be temporary (days, week, etc.) or permanent.

If you are particularly bothered by posts you have the ability to place a member on your ignore list. You will not be able to see their responses but will be able to see when someone quotes them.

I’m sorry if you think it’s harsh
I just don’t understand why someone would want to visit just do do their own reconstruction so they could get the feel of the place and feel the emotions.
But again I didn’t mean to offend.
It just seems strange to me.
Because they probably got sick to death of reading a thousand posts a day on here, many of which contradict each other, so thought they would go and see the lay of the land for themselves.

Given PR's apparent propensity to 'air his old fella' I wonder how familiar he might be with 'dogging' sites between Hull and work? These, by nature, are not exactly on the beaten track and so could perhaps be possible sites to dispose of evidence?

Oh God its the Corrie case all over again. But good call!

Can you tell us where these dogging sites are please?

When you went in Haworth street could you see the cctv camera in the business yard please , if you were parked there does it have a light on it so you’d see it or would you have no idea it’s there ?

I'd like to know this too. I'm sure I see the driver look at the camera just before he stands up and turns his back to the camera.

I’m afraid I can’t agree
None of us have any idea what routes this investigation is taking
The Police don’t want to divulge for perfectly understandable reasons
We have had locals take videos to show us the area and help us try and understand more clearly what the Police are dealing with
But to me this just seems freaky.
Given also that we have no real clues it’s all entirely speculation
Out of respect for her family to me it’s like a kind of voyeurusm in itself.
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Everyone can do what they want really can't they.

And everyone finds different things freaky. I personally don't find it freaky.
But you know what I do find freaky. . .how anyone could possibly enjoy eating mayonnaise!

I just don't understand it!

But I'm cool with it.

Me too. What I'm trying get at is maybe he should have been in work/ wife thought he was ...gives him time to do what ever he needs to do.

I can't help but think he had Friday and Saturday possibly Sunday ( cctv wasn't obtained from police until sunday) to clear things up and get his story straight before he was arrested. You could do a lot in that time!

and I read something that said the opposite about going to work on the Friday

Interesting thought but i still think this is simply a classic case of that he thought he was going to get his end away with a drunken girl and it has resulted in her being chased through park in dark and wouldn’t be surprised if she either fell or was pushed into river and then he just fled the scene with then the potential witness seeing the man running out. I think the police think she is in the river and hence have been combing the park area for any items dropped in any chase/ hiding in shrubs trying to get away...

Yep, I've been saying this from the very beginning. Exactly this. To me its the simplest.

Two people on here have shared info about the psychology of flashers and they don't tend to escalate to worse crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13