Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that the list of possible witnesses includes:

"The driver in Haworth Street
On February 9, footage from a business based in Haworth Street showed a car flash its lights and a man nearby around the time Libby went missing.

The CCTV shows a series of events around the time Libby was last seen in the area, including what appears to be someone or something being placed in the passenger side of a car parked in Haworth Street.

The cyclist in Haworth Street
At around 12.03am, a cyclist goes past the same scene as above. Just a minute later, another car drives past and at 12.08:52am, the first car featured is then driven away from the scene.

All three people shown in the footage will have been in the area at or around the same time as Libby - meaning they could hold the key to any clues needed to solve her disappearance."

Libby Squire key witnesses who could hold vital clues to disappearance

They've worded it as though the cyclist and the drivers of both cars could be witnesses and that they're still unsure of whether a person got into the vehicle. Does this mean that Hull Live know that the driver isn't PR and could potentially just be a witness? Or have they just worded it that way as LE may have told them not to confirm that the driver is PR so as not to jeopardise the investigation?

I think this statement by LE is key

Attachments

• CD953FE1-6CEE-4D54-83F1-80E76D1227D7.png
    CD953FE1-6CEE-4D54-83F1-80E76D1227D7.png
    307.6 KB · Views: 135
He’s been charged with voyeurism, outraging public decency and burglary charges, all of a sexual nature towards young females. I’m sure the police are bothered.

I am still not convinced - though I am no expert on this - that he would go from these relatively minor ('minor' here in context of balanced against crimes like assault, rape, murder) offences which are all without any direct physical interaction with a woman (which makes me feel he may be quite a weak, ineffectual personality who finds fantasy easier than the real thing) to abduction and possible rape and murder within a few months.

It looks bad on the police when they have any case like this which drags on without really turning up any leads, and they would no doubt be hoping that they do have the right man. Trouble is, they don't seem to have any firm evidence at this stage. We don't know what they found in the car and his home, anything with LS's DNA on. We don't know what he has admitted to in connection with her, or if he has denied ever seeing her at all that night. We only have hearsay reports from the sister which can't be relied upon as only reported in one or two newspapers.

There's a good article in the Guardian about the detective who caught the guy who did that. It was very unusual (and brave imo) what he did and ultimately it cost him his career. There's a sad quote from him near the end of the article:

Although he is adamant he is not bitter, Fulcher does struggle to keep his emotions in check. And he has a warning. “At some point somebody is going to have to explain to the public what they can expect from the police service when their daughter goes missing,” he says. “And in general, right now, we will not get your daughter back.”

Fulcher wearily shakes his head, “We won’t get your daughter back.”

Hi.

Yes I agree he acted bravely and for the right reasons.

They got the conviction for Becky Godden in the end though thankfully, her mum has nothing but praise for him which must be of some comfort to him, even though his detective career is over.

Personally if my child was missing I'd want him on the team!

What a bizarre series events he had to contend with that day.

I think it will largely depend on whether or not he eventually pleads guilty. If he forces a trial I would guess he'll get some time but he may have already served it on remand.

Hmmm would certain items x 3 be identified by DNA . It wouldn’t be the first time for a spouse to cover for their other half. I presume we don’t know whether that is a possibility in full yet!?

I've been well out of the loop in darkened room on morphine the last few days due to hurting myself quite badly... just surfacing since the weekend.

So they have released CCTV from Croda at 1:40amish from the end of Oak Road?

I am guessing these are potential witnesses just to prove that whatever had happened in the park was over by then, process of crossing things off?

Perhaps there was a car parked in the carpark at the end of Beresford Avenue - which these passer by would have passed on their way to Clough Road.

Again, apologies for the delays, but I have a lot of material to get through, photos, vidoes I have been taking since Thurday to process. I'm trying to upload in a meaningful way, rather than just throw it all up there.

Be back soon!

Welcome back!

I hope you're healing well. That was really disturbing to watch what happened to you. I hope you've taken matters further?

Just to make a comment concerning the relationship between voyeuristic offences and burglaries and stealing items of a sexual nature and rape/murders. Over the years I have read about quite a few cases and listened to a lot of podcasts that go into the early behaviours of these criminals. I think I have probably lost count of the number of them who exhibited these behaviours.

So it is not a leap, it is a very well-trodden path of this type of offender and why these type of seemingly minor (not to my eyes) offences should always be reported/investigated thoroughly. We need to stop thinking of these as minor and slightly comic. They are a huge red flag. Others have mentioned GSK, I would also throw in former Colonel Russell Williams and the so-called Claremont serial killer, accused is Bradley Robert Edwards who both committed these type of offences and went onto (so he is charged) perpetrate some heinous murders. Edwards incidentally drove taxis and is believed to have picked up his 3 known victims this way. Both are interesting cases/investigations to look into for this type of case, but there are many more.

This has crossed my mind too. I don’t think it should be ruled out. I know when it was chatted about in earlier threads it was dismissed because ‘why wouldn’t she go for someone her own age’ or words to that effect.

Older guys can seem attractive and as has been mentioned before, Polish guys can be very charming.

They possibly went to the same gym and he could well have been on dating apps - many married guys are. They could have known each other.

It’s certainly a consideration.

He is only 24 and she is 21 that's pretty normal really no real age gap to speak of

Hmmm would certain items x 3 be identified by DNA . It wouldn’t be the first time for a spouse to cover for their other half. I presume we don’t know whether that is a possibility in full yet!?
We have no idea what their evidence is and won't until a trial (if it happens). At the least you would expect them to have recovered some or all of the items stolen.

His spouse has been sensibly silent since his arrest, we've no idea what her stance is.

Hello All, long time lurker here and finding it really interesting what people have to say and the various different views people have but my question was regarding the statement from Humberside Police for the CCTV update for the four people. They state we can now release this CCTV footage. Does that mean we can now release after finishing other enquires or does it mean we can now release after permission from the CCTV owners or something completely different and nothing much? I am lost as to why they waited 3 weeks before showing it?

Just to make a comment concerning the relationship between voyeuristic offences and burglaries and stealing items of a sexual nature and rape/murders. Over the years I have read about quite a few cases and listened to a lot of podcasts that go into the early behaviours of these criminals. I think I have probably lost count of the number of them who exhibited these behaviours.

So it is not a leap, it is a very well-trodden path of this type of offender and why these type of seemingly minor (not to my eyes) offences should always be reported/investigated thoroughly. We need to stop thinking of these as minor and slightly comic. They are a huge red flag. Others have mentioned GSK, I would also throw in former Colonel Russell Williams and the so-called Claremont serial killer, accused is Bradley Robert Edwards who both committed these type of offences and went onto (so he is charged) perpetrate some heinous murders. Edwards incidentally drove taxis and is believed to have picked up his 3 known victims this way. Both are interesting cases/investigations to look into for this type of case, but there are many more.

Minor and slightly comic is exactly how I would have viewed these offences. Waving his tackle at girls through the window, stealing vibrators, nicking knickers. Odd and the sorts of crimes that would raise an eyebrow and a giggle. I can’t inagine it having been pleasant for anyone to witness but I’d consider him a bit of an oddball and petty criminal at worst.

Having read some of the psychology reports on here regarding this type of behaviour, I was honestly shocked. I had no idea that these strange perversions could be the start of a much more dangerous pattern and could escalate to assault or even murder.

I’ll certainly think about these offences differently in future.

I do still have concerns that he might plead guilty next month and escape a custodial sentence. Even tallied up, would those offences be enough to warrant prison? And if not, then what? If they have no further evidence, their main suspect walks free.

Yes the Polish community is quite substantial in Hull. There is a well known food manufacturer which employs a large number.

10,000. Mostly in the Newland/Beverley Road area.

Fishing is also very popular in Eastern Europe, hence the lake on Oak Road is known to be well-used by the Polish community. If PR enjoys fishing, imho it is likely he would probably have previously visited the lake for that reason.

Last edited:
We have no idea what their evidence is and won't until a trial (if it happens). At the least you would expect them to have recovered some or all of the items stolen.

His spouse has been sensibly silent since his arrest, we've no idea what her stance is.

I was referring to the three battery operated instruments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria