Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
35 plots apparently at the allotments Edgecumbe Street
It's certainly a hotbed of crime around Newland...

From the HDM Sept 2018:

A Hull man says he is furious after he had his chickens and pet ducks stolen from his allotment in Newland Avenue. The incident happened at about 12.30am on September 18. Mr xxxxxxx also says he had onions and a glass table stolen. Luckily, he had a CCTV camera set up to capture still images,

I would hope that the police have searched them - IIRC they searched the ones near Oak Road but not sure about the ones near Raglan. Surely there is some sort of list of people that own sheds/land in the allotments, so they'd know if he or someone he's close to has a space there and would have searched that ages ago. Even if he doesn't, I would think they'd have searched there anyway, but I'll try to find a link to MSM which mentions LE looking there - although I don't recall seeing anything off the top of my head.

I guess it gets difficult because the police cannot search private land without permission

From the HDM Sept 2018:

A Hull man says he is furious after he had his chickens and pet ducks stolen from his allotment in Newland Avenue. The incident happened at about 12.30am on September 18. Mr xxxxxxx also says he had onions and a glass table stolen. Luckily, he had a CCTV camera set up to capture still images,
Probably a fellow allotment owner jealous of his crops!

The allotments are well used by both individuals and community groups, they are locked up on an evening I believe but I suppose if you were determined you would still get in there

Yeah, the police haven't ever said he did, but then why would his sister say that. Seems like she slipped up in saying that, and the police haven't said anything further on it as it's one key link to her last possible sighting so don't want it reported in the media as fact, just yet. Unless they have no other evidence of that and are trying to find some based on what she said. Or was it a clever bluff from the sister, say that as an accidental slip up and have the police run around to find evidence to support it, when he never did pick her up, but maybe someone else they know did. Dunno, rambling now, it's Friday........

I don’t think it was ever said it WAS LS though? Just a distressed girl?
I may have missed it was said categorically it was Libby though.

These videos are from last week; I had intended uploading them last week but I've been incapacitated! Anyway, as this case is still parked where it was a week ago I believe it's still as relevant, in determining Libby's last steps.

Thurs, 14 Feb, was the first day they had removed the cordons from around the park. About 8am that morning I headed to the pond area to give an idea of the geography of the area;

VIDEO 1:
The end of Beresford Avenue where it terminates in a 'parking area' in front of the main entrance car park gates, locked at this time; into the park via a pedestrian 'always open' gate, and around the pond.
(Both videos previously posted last week)

VIDEO 2: Very similar to the route of VIDEO 2. However, this was later the same day, I returned with another camera in addition to the bike camera. I start the route from The Welly Club (just for the sake of completeness really) along Beverley Road to the Bench, then along Beresford Avenue and into the park. (Now that it is afternoon the carpark entrance gates are open.) Even though the cordons were removed there were still Police 'searching' around the pond and the park. I speak to a local press photographer and both sets of Police search teams.
(In both cases I didn't mean to candid record people, the mic on the bike camera is shocking and I never expected it to pick anything up. When I recorded the group of Police who were clearing brambles, it was a genuine mistake that the camera carried on recording in my pocket. I never set out to candidly record these people. I've left it n, but edited out some chunks of inaudible chuff. Apologies for the roughness of the videos!)

(I'm just going thru the vids to put a time index together, I'll update the post with that info later)

VIDEO 3: Wellesley Avenue, Beverley Road, The Bench, and it's relation to the CCTV at the junction and from 'cobweb' cam.

From the HDM Sept 2018:

I suspect the burglar had a liking for pate’

These videos are from last week; I had intended uploading them last week but I've been incapacitated! Anyway, as this case is still parked where it was a week ago I believe it's still as relevant, in determining Libby's last steps.

Thurs, 14 Feb, was the first day they had removed the cordons from around the park. About 8am that morning I headed to the pond area to give an idea of the geography of the area;

VIDEO 1:
The end of Beresford Avenue where it terminates in a 'parking area' in front of the main entrance car park gates, locked at this time; into the park via a pedestrian 'always open' gate, and around the pond.

VIDEO 2: Very similar to the route of VIDEO 2. However, this was later the same day, I returned with another camera in addition to the bike camera. I start the route from The Welly Club (just for the sake of completeness really) along Beverley Road to the Bench, then along Beresford Avenue and into the park. (Now that it is afternoon the carpark entrance gates are open.) Even though the cordons were removed there were still Police 'searching' around the pond and the park. I speak to a local press photographer and both sets of Police search teams.
(In both cases I didn't mean to candid record people, the mic on the bike camera is shocking and I never expected it to pick anything up. When I recorded the group of Police who were clearing brambles, it was a genuine mistake that the camera carried on recording in my pocket. I never set out to candidly record these people. I've left it n, but edited out some chunks of inaudible chuff. Apologies for the roughness of the videos!)

(I'm just going thru the vids to put a time index together, I'll update the post with that info later)

VIDEO 3: Wellesley Avenue, Beverley Road, The Bench, and it's relation to the CCTV at the junction and from 'cobweb' cam.

Excellent work!

Hope you are feeling better and not aching too badly.

From the HDM Sept 2018:

I'll bet it was that noisy fox up to no good ;)

VIDEO 1:

Great videos, thanks for these :)

Is it a trick of the light or was there someone in the abandoned building doorway at around 6mins 53 seconds in? Almost looked as if they were holding something long, like a brush, then closed the door slightly?

VIDEO 1:

Video 2 really puts the distance in perspective from Welly to The Bench (daren’t go in the Park). I’ve driven down Beverley Road many times, but, not really acknowledged the distance that would be faced with on foot. Most helpful! TQ

The park is quite eerie. I'm a country girl and have been bought up in fields and woods. I'd think nothing of walking through a wooded area/forrest in the dark but cities give me the heebie geebies.
Something about that park though makes me feel uncomfortable, could be because it's urban yet green? Something feels wrong though.

The park is quite eerie. I'm a country girl and have been bought up in fields and woods. I'd think nothing of walking through a wooded area/forrest in the dark but cities give me the heebie geebies.
Something about that park though makes me feel uncomfortable, could be because it's urban yet green? Something feels wrong though.
Likewise, strange isn’t it!

A time index for the first portion of the video:
0:00 Starts at the side of Welly Club, Beverley Road
5:19 Arrive Haworth Street; Bench
5:22 ITN Van
5:24 End of Haworth Street/Bollards, view of bench
5:37 Heads down Beresford Avenue from the bench
6:10 Junction with Wellesley Avenue
6:17 Over the drain that runs the back of Wellesley Avenue
6:44 End of Beresford Avenue
6:50 Onto 'Oak Road'
6:52 The sign for 'Green Lane' to the left (North) (the continuation of 'Oak Road' further into the park, where it technically becomes 'Green Lane'.)
6:53 The carpark gates ahead, are open. A yellow council van, and a white police van.
6:55 Turns South, technically 'Oak Road' from here continues through the barricades all the way to Clough road.
6:56 The opening to the left is the drive way to the 'house in the park.'
7:16 Turns off this patch of Oak Rod into Beresford Park proper through a permanently open pedestrian gate.
(This patch of Oak Road is 24hr accessible by car from Beresford Avenue)

7:26 Passing the house on its right; this small patch of triangular ground houses two old free standing changing rooms, possibly still in use.
7:39 Skate park on the right, main car park to the left, house behind, heading towards the pond area. The river stretches across from left to right; The abandoned boathouse buildings are directly ahead. The thicker trees to the right are the wooded area next to the pond and pat of croda, housing the gigantic turbine.
7:51 Patch of grass to the right is where I believe forensics were photographed picking something up off the grass.
8:05 Forensics were photographed the same night investigating a bench; I believe it was this bench
8:11 Path splits; left path follows round the other side of park; path upper-left, following the blue sign heads up the embankment to the riverside path. Straight on a path heads into the overgrown enclosure with the two abandoned buildings and the 3 shipping containers; to the right the path continues to the pond.
8:21 A path heads off to the right into the large wooded area between the pond and the park
8:32 arriving at the pond; the sealed boathouse ahead to the left, green container ahead, pond opens up to the right
8:40 joins pond path
9:22 Along the back of the pond, under the giant turbine
9:29 The bench right under the turbine by the Croda fence
9:40 Leaves the pond path before a complete circuit, and heads off into the largest patch of woodland between the pond and the park
9:54 The track forks; straight on through the line of trees into the grassy north of the skate park; turn right to continue into the trees;
10:04 The track forks; turn right back to the pond; straight on round the fallen tree heads back to the main track/abandoned buildings;
10:21 Joins the main track, turns right back towards the pond.
10:40 Back at the pond area
10:46 Heavily muddied area, presumably from all the Police activity; turns left up the barriered slipway to the embankment.
11:08 Bump into local press photographer, at the embankment entrance to the sealed boathouse, stop for a chat... terrible audio
13:28 Returns down slip way to pond area, where a Police van has now arrived. I head down to speak to them.
14:16 I was expecting them to be searching the pond...
14:26 They were behind me checking out the locks on the sealed boathouse
15:10 The 2 cops spend some time in the woods behind the green container, photo guy takes some photos

20:00 Exploring the riverbank close to the pond alongside the boathouse buildings
20:41 First set of steps down to the river for the rowers
21:31 The low rise roofless building in the overgrown compound to the left (The middle of the three boathouse buildings.)
21:45 The second set op steps down to the river
22:22 Blue sign on the embankment where the path splits off; ahead to follow the embankment running parallel to the park all the way to Sutton Road Bridge; turn left to head back down into the park, and a few yards along is the blue sign at 8:11 pointing back up the embankment towards this sign.
22:35 leaves the embankment via a hole in the fence, roughly into the middle of the boathouse area; just outside the fence that surrounds the two roofless buildings, into the bramble area between the sealed boathouse and the enclosed overgrown buildings.
23:28 Area next to the sealed boathouse that the Police were cutting through
23:39 The fenced off overgrown roofless buildings in the enclosure ahead
23:54 At the junction and blue sign of 8:11 looking back up at the blue sign of 22:22 up on the embankment.
24:24 into the enclosure, whole area has been chopped of brambles by the Police
24:54 into the furthest (North) abandoned building; photos of forensics leaving from this building with evidence bags??
26:19 The single shipping container near the entrance of the enclosure
27:45 round the back of the furthest boathouse;
29:30 to the next abandoned building; the sing low rise roofless building, with 2 shipping containers at its entrance;
29:40 shipping containers
31:10 The sealed boathouse from a hole in the wall of the low rise roofless (central) abandoned boathouse
31:25 Out the back of a hole in the other wall back into the enclosure

32:24 Back at the sealed boathouse
32:44 looking towards the enclosure, hacked brambles
33:00 Back up to the embankment
35:00 The wooded area between the pond and the river
38:37 Looking back at the pond and the back of he boathouse from the woods
38:53 At the bend in the river
39:40 Along the back of the pond; the bench under the turbine
40:56 The Croda fence, right beneath the turbine
41:58 A homeless encampment in the woods near the pond...
42:04 Heading away from the pond/boathouse area back towards the park entrance
42:14 Area inspected by forensics in nighttime photographs?
42:24 Bench being examined by forensics in nighttime photos?
42:46 The back of the carpark; the swing barrier is normally closed (is it only open here to allow the Police in and out?) The bollards to the left of the gate are set in the concrete. The low rise building is where the park keepers... 'keep park'. Yellow council van parked as you'd expect. White Police van from earlier, larger Police van.
43:19 Back into the triangle area between the skate park and the house. The 2 free standing changing rooms.
43:51 Back out onto Oak Road through the gate from 7:16
44:10 At the foot of 'Green Lane' at the main entrance to the car park.
44:30 End of Beresford Avenue where it turns into Oak Road
45:02 Through the pedestrian 'always open' gate just to the side of the main carpark, into Oak Road playing fields proper
45:10 Looking North up Oak Road/(Green Lane) that runs between the houses and the playing fields.
46:15 North along Oak Road/Green Lane - chopped brambles look fresh that morning.
47:00 Back gates of houses on Etherington Drive back onto Oak Rd/ the park.
48:02 Pedestrian gate onto Etherington Drive
48:40 Back thru the pedestrian gate onto Oak Road from Etherington Drive
49:00 Into Oak Road plying Fields
50:00 Chats to the Police bramble clearing team

Last edited:

Looks so eerie around by those derelict buildings. I wouldn’t like to walk by there even in daylight.

Likewise, strange isn’t it!

But is this a trick of the mind because we’re thinking about what might have happened there?

I agree, I’m a country girl and I have a bit of an obsession with exploring remote and abandoned buildings ... but this park feels eerie. I think it’s the combination of bleak weather, graffitied abandoned spaces and the mind running over what may or may not have happened here.

Eerie seeing all the water too. The ponds, the river ...

Thank you @Strontium69 for these videos and your efforts in gettting this footage. I hope you’re feeling better. And yes, you’re right, we could view bits on google maps but this gives a much clearer impression IMO. Seeing the bench / spidercam is a little eerie too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dany998