Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a similar personal experience. My friend went missing for 3.5 weeks before his body was found and it was found less than a mile away from his home, in an area that we and police had searched many times. To this day I just don’t know how we didn’t find him for so long but we didn’t - so I do truly believe she could be in the park still but just not found yet. This certainly happened with my friend, and there were 100s of people searching for him.

Also when my friend went missing, the police would only search in the area between his house and his last citing on cctv (less than a mile away from his home). They refused to search further than this until they had reason to (eg cctv). Their reason for this was because they need evidence to search further otherwise it becomes a needle in a haystack situation. For example, in my friend’s base, they wouldn’t search near his work as there was no evidence that he was that far away, and therefore not a good use of resources to widen the search that far. The were right too! Therefore, I believe that the LE will not search further than the park unless they have evidence that L could be further away. They obviously don’t have any.

One more thing - If that cctv is L getting into P’s car - why would he do that right in front of a camera? He obviously a) doesn’t care because he was genuinely just trying to help her b) doesn’t realise c) doesn’t care because he’s arrogant?!

Sorry for the long post!!!

I don’t believe they will be able to ask any questions about Libby in this case as he’s not on trial for her disappearance

I have a similar personal experience. My friend went missing for 3.5 weeks before his body was found and it was found less than a mile away from his home, in an area that we and police had searched many times. To this day I just don’t know how we didn’t find him for so long but we didn’t - so I do truly believe she could be in the park still but just not found yet. This certainly happened with my friend, and there were 100s of people searching for him.

Also when my friend went missing, the police would only search in the area between his house and his last citing on cctv (less than a mile away from his home). They refused to search further than this until they had reason to (eg cctv). Their reason for this was because they need evidence to search further otherwise it becomes a needle in a haystack situation. For example, in my friend’s base, they wouldn’t search near his work as there was no evidence that he was that far away, and therefore not a good use of resources to widen the search that far. The were right too! Therefore, I believe that the LE will not search further than the park unless they have evidence that L could be further away. They obviously don’t have any.

One more thing - If that cctv is L getting into P’s car - why would he do that right in front of a camera? He obviously a) doesn’t care because he was genuinely just trying to help her b) doesn’t realise c) doesn’t care because he’s arrogant?!

Sorry for the long post!!!
Thank you for this very personal insight and am sorry sorry about your friend. I think you have voiced what could also be an account of what we may find out in this case. Thank you again.

I’ve backed out of commenting for a bit as the theories became more obscure than an episode of Poirot . In the majority of cases the simplest explanation is the answer
Just out of interest, Ched, what do you think is the simplest explanation? as I’m just baffled by it all now.

If you're from Hull you'll probably remember the murder of Rachel Moran on Orchard Park.

She was killed on New Year's day 2004. It took the police a month to find her in the killers outdoor cupboard.

If you're from Hull you'll probably remember the murder of Rachel Moran on Orchard Park.

She was killed on New Year's day 2004. It took the police a month to find her in the killers outdoor cupboard.
I moved here end of 2006 so only heard about this story years after.

Just out of interest, Ched, what do you think is the simplest explanation? as I’m just baffled by it all now.

I don’t know but I’m not going down the route of; two people involved , a second car , people trafficking, pig farm , held hostage , secret room , empty second house, family involved . To be honest I just feel she’s in water so many are when it’s close by , I’m still not convinced he killed her though either . But that’s just my opinion and I know nothing....

I was still at school so my memory is hazy.
I’ve just googled it. I always thought the killer was her boyfriend for some reason. Didn’t know it was some weirdo she had just met, poor girl. Police divers found her belongings in the Barmston Drain - such a creepy place.

I’ve just googled it. I always thought the killer was her boyfriend for some reason. Didn’t know it was some weirdo she had just met, poor girl. Police divers found her belongings in the Barmston Drain - such a creepy place.

She went back to her flat because of her kittens where alone.

I work on Stoneferry Road and a lot of the lads who live on the Avenues walk past Barmstone Drain. They say it's a very creepy weird place. Especially at 5 am or 10 pm after late

With the new searches going on in the Linda Razzell case, it has to be borne in mind that now coming up to the 4th week, she may not be found - or at least not for a very long time. In the LR case, missing 17 years, husband jailed without a body... if the police do bring charges against someone they will have to be watertight to bring to court and get a conviction. Whether or not LR is found in the field police are currently digging which was very close to her home, in a fair amount of cases the body is located not too great a distance away. So I think she is still in Hull, and as @Mbamba outlined in the very personal case he related, likely to be in somewhere they have overlooked so far.

Yes. I remember it well. I don't know how she was not found sooner. This is one of the reasons as well as the case with Tia Sharpe, why I keep questioning how well the police have searched gardens and houses etc.

Not all gardens backing on to the park have been searched yet either.

Welcome, Mbamba! That's awful your friend wasn't found despite searches in the right area, seems to happen all too often. Have you checked if we have a thread here?

Hey, thanks. My friend was found but it took nearly 4 weeks to find him. With my friend’s situation we had evidence that he had probably taken his own life so we knew we were searching for a body. It just took soo long to find him despite 100s of public searching plus police. That’s why I can relate to the idea that LS might still be nearby /in the park.

She went back to her flat because of her kittens where alone.

I work on Stoneferry Road and a lot of the lads who live on the Avenues walk past Barmstone Drain. They say it's a very creepy weird place. Especially at 5 am or 10 pm after late
Yeah, it does seem to be an eerie place, especially at dusk. I’ve never liked Beresford Park either, that has such strange atmosphere. My little boy loves it there, but there have been times when I’ve walked there with him and we have been the only people there, and I’ve just wanted to get out as fast as possible. It’s even worse at the back where the pond, river and the derelict building are. Such a secluded, creepy place.

Hey, thanks. My friend was found but it took nearly 4 weeks to find him. With my friend’s situation we had evidence that he had probably taken his own life so we knew we were searching for a body. It just took soo long to find him despite 100s of public searching plus police. That’s why I can relate to the idea that LS might still be nearby /in the park.
Yeah, it is a huge park. It must be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

There are just too many indicators pointing towards P at the moment. I'd like to think him innocent, but in what alternate reality would this scenario actually play out?

Personally I think he is intelligent, I think he is lucky and I think he's currently wondering how on earth they haven't found her.

There are just too many indicators pointing towards P at the moment. I'd like to think him innocent, but in what alternate reality would this scenario actually play out?

Personally I think he is intelligent, I think he is lucky and I think he's currently wondering how on earth they haven't found her.
Yes, I think he’s been incredibly lucky. I just hope and pray his luck runs out soon and he doesn’t get away with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lashaundaspurlockmissing