Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps even holding hands or linking arms?
If it's a couple out together probably walking home after a night out I don't get why they don't report to the police to say it is them as police want the people in the cctv to come forward. Someone suggested it may be because they do not want their respective partners knowing they are out with each other but surely LE would keep this quiet and noone need find out. Tracing these 4 people must be important to LE for them to have repeated the request again tonight for them to come forward

Not harmful. Just unneccessary on that particular point.
Imho. So a little bird told me. I summise. Possibly. Ive heard.... Im guessing. Etc
We should encourage as much speculation as possible about the most promising evidence we have, especially regarding policing and investigatory procedure used. However, I was kindly informed that finger print searches were carried out, so I am sure cigarette butts were probably recovered at the scene. It is likely, of course unconfirmed to the public still, that it is PR, yes.

We should encourage as much speculation as possible about the most promising evidence we have, especially regarding policing and investigatory procedure used. However, I was kindly informed that finger print searches were carried out, so I am sure cigarette butts were probably recovered at the scene. It is likely, of course unconfirmed to the public still, that it is PR, yes.
So given that you indicate you also are happy to suppose LE know it is PR, what is the point of speculation around this specific 'fact'?

Edit: I am not saying there is sufficient evidence for an arrest for suspicion of murder, I’m just inquiring as to why there is lack of evidence, and I suspect interference by perhaps PR.

One thing I question is why there are no further grounds for arrest for suspicion of murder if they do know it was him to have been the last person to see her alive. If they could piece together even a fraction of her final movements and they involved him, then finding the body would only be evidence probative to him killing her. Murder can be satisfied without a body present afterall. Of course, they haven’t been able to even secure an abduction charge yet. If there were any kind of cohesive narrative that PR conceivably did abduct LS. There’s an evidential gap somewhere in catching our perpetrator - but where, and why?

Last edited:
One thing I question is why there are no further grounds for arrest for suspicion of murder if they do know it was him to have been the last person to see her alive. If they could piece together even a fraction of her final movements and they involved him, then finding the body would only be evidence probative to him killing her. Murder can be satisfied without a body present afterall. If there were any kind of cohesive narrative that PR conceivably did abduct LS. There’s an evidential gap somewhere in catching our perpetrator - but where, and why?
They wouldn't arrest PR, they've burnt that particular avenue of investigation by running down the clock already.

They don't know PR was the last person to see her alive.

Just because PR may have interacted with LS does not mean he killed her.

I would hope that more than a narrative would be required to charge and convict anyone of murder, with or without a body.

They wouldn't arrest PR, they've burnt that particular avenue of investigation by running down the clock already.

They don't know PR was the last person to see her alive.

Just because PR may have interacted with LS does not mean he killed her.

I would hope that more than a narrative would be required to charge and convict anyone of murder, with or without a body.

My point is, they haven’t secured even an abduction charge yet. There’s hugely an evidential gap. There shouldn’t be, without foul play

Sorry could you say that again?
There have been cases where the arrests have been made on the grounds of suspicion for murder simply for being in the area at the time, thus likely to be the last likely person to have seen the victim (of course, hypothetically applying this to LS case, no disrespect to her family or her friends). These are perfectly legitimate grounds for arrest, no matter what charge, under PACE 1984 if the police do reasonably think they have cause to believe someone is involved in the commission of an offence.
Knowing this, it leads me to question why, if we are so sure PR was the last known person to see her, has a charge not been secured (obviously down to an ‘evidential gap’ as we call it) or an arrest of a more serious charge. If the narrative is so straightforward, why don’t we know what happens to Libby after PR? One would expect, and I think we would all be inclined to agree, there has been interference with the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper