Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up with this news since following Libby's story from the beginning but distracted by personal stuff and Brexit drama last few weeks.

I feel so sad, especially for her parents, she came from my neck of the woods.

Still so many questions, if she'd been dumped in the river near Oak Rd playing fields would her body really have made it all the way into the estuary ?

Or was she thrown in off a bridge much nearer the mouth of the river Hull ... either way not suicide or accident.

I hope police swiftly find enough forensic evidence to convict the guilty person.

As the public start thinking about flowers and memorials and ways to mark Libby's life, please consider making a donation to the RNLI for all the amazing work they do as one of the most valuable and selfless charity organisations out there. I imagine those guys will have been looking out for Libby all this time, just as invested in the case as we all are. What they saw yesterday doesn't bear thinking about.

You can make a donation in Libby's name here
Donate to the RNLI and help save lives at sea

Or text RNLI to 70300 to make an automatic £5 donation (adds to your phone bill, UK only)

That’s a very thoughtful suggestion Cagney

That was Beresford Avenue. Most of the MSM images were of the rear of houses on Ormonde Ave.

Thank you. I've been trying to go through all the MSM links, there's so many of them with similar headlines.

I know most people are convinced it's Libby and PR in the Haworth street cobweb CCTV but I've never been convinced..and numerous newspapers have stated she was last seen on Beresford Avenue. It could be shoddy reporting or it could be that they have more info than we do.
Anytime someone tried pointing out that her last known sighting released by MSM/police wasn't on the Haworth bench/CCTV it got ignored or dismissed and I don't entirely know why?

I really don't think police would have allowed ITV to release the cobweb CCTV if it was important to this case.

"She was last seen on adjacent Beresford Avenue at just after midnight before disappearing"
Libby Squire disappearance: 'Eerie' screaming heard as student vanishes

"She was last spotted on an adjacent street, Beresford Avenue, just after midnight."
Father-of-two's home raided over student Libby Squire's disappearance | Metro News

And the police themselves say Libby was last seen on Beresford and even circled it on this page -
Libby Squire – witnesses sought on CCTV footage | Humberside Police

It could possible be her in his car but the search of the alley suggests to me she was on foot.

Deepest condolences to all people who have lost a loved one here.....terrible end to our hopes :(

Totally agree with the comments about suicide and mental health in general (have personal experience of being at the bottom of that dark pit)

However for now we should just regret the loss of a bright young light,however it came about....thoughts to her parents,friends and family on what must be the worst day of their lives

This post is placed randomly...
Not in reply to any specific posts...

I am "hearing" that a theory of suicide is "distasteful"...
not to be entertained... Etc....

I am fully aware of the stigma attached to suicide....

However...
As someone who has worked in the mental health field...
With a Masters in Psychology...
And who has quite intimate experiences with persons contemplating suicide...

I have a strong desire to dispel this stigma...
As I think it is time to dispel the stigma of ANY mental health illnesses...

Reasons for this stance are:

1.) Investigations of missing/deceased persons can (and ARE) impeded when important information is not revealed to LE regarding "signs", evidence, etc. of a possible suicide...
Revelations which could assist in a more timely location of the missing person...
Even a PREVENTION of an ultimate death of that person...

2.) Persons with suicidal ideation are people who are experiencing much pain and anguish...
And who need society's help...
Rather than opposition...

My hope is that eventually mental illness will be treated by society as any PHYSICAL ailment is...

Believe me...
NO ONE WANTS to become so desperate that suicide seems to be "the only way out" of mental/emotional suffering...

This is all JMO...

I agree with what you're saying, but the reason people are dismissing it isn't due to any kind of stigma in this case.

I wholeheartedly agree that stigma surrounding mental health needs to stop and I pray one day soon it is treated as a physical ailment alongside broken bones and flu, I think what those of us who struggle with self harm and depression are trying to state in this case is that right now, the available clues point to Libby coming to harm from someone else and it would be appropriate to explore that Avenue first .. Also, suicide is not being dismissed here due to stigma, quite the opposite.
To those who suffer and watch our children suffer with mental health it feels akin to the blaming of a sexual assault victim because they wore a certain type of outfit. Just because Libby had suffered with her mental health doesn’t mean she’s walked into the water that night ... we knew water was likely and given what we know, let’s try and exclude the more obvious scenario involving a sexual deviant first.

We need to keep Libby and her family, friends and the police force, RNLI and all others effected in our thoughts tonight. But for tonight, let's let everything rest - I think we should stop the analysing tonight for respect, its a new day tomorrow.

It says Body found at 3.30pm. What is telling about that? Apart from the time. (joke unintended).
It says "The family have been informed" on a story about an unidentified body, which I thought suggested they were only waiting on official confirmation of a strong belief it is her. I guess it is not as telling as I thought reading it back. I'm sure they warn the family should any body be found, it was the wording that seemed ominous to me that's all.

I know Libby didn't come from here but we tend to take people in and they become an Honorary Hullensian. We have lost one of our own today.

I completely feel and understand what you are saying. In my previous post I said I was a local, but in fact I have only lived in Hull for 7 years, I'm originally Welsh. But Hull is a wonderful, friendly and welcoming city, I found a love for the place instantly and have classed myself as a 'local' in my 'newly adopted hometown' for a while now.

The people of this small northen city have a pride and a warmth that I'm sure isn't experienced in many places. I can see why Libby also loved it here, just such a tragedy that her story ended like this. You are so right when you say we have lost one of our own, I hope Libby will always be remembered for the bright, smiling happy girl we have seen in pictures and not for the circumstances or the events that lead to yesterdays awful discovery.

It is incredibly tragic that poor Libby has been found deceased, but it would have been even worse if she had never been found at all.

Libby is finally going to go home to her family, even though it is in the saddest possible way.

Rest in peace beautiful girl.

Oh I really hope they can find evidence and charge the person who did this. RIP Libby.

Now that the body has been found, the missing gap from that car CCTV footage to when she was found yesterday should start to unravel.

The police will get to the bottom of this story quite quickly now she has been found you'd expect. Next step will be how she died and when.

This story has saddened many becouse it shouldn't have happened. If it is foul play, Humberside police I am sure will get to the root of it, find the perpetrator and land a solid conviction.

It's the least we can now do for her.

With the sad news we received today let's remember there may be lots of rumor and speculation.

If you are posting information as fact, posting a picture, etc. include a link to your source. MSM and LE sources are required as are the allowed Social Media sources found here.
2nd hand or 3rd hand information is not allowed and is considered rumour.

If you see a post which violates TOS, report the post and do not respond to it.

Thanks all for keeping things on track :)

<modsnipped broken quote>
A thought provoking post on an emotional night

Within these threads, so many angles have been covered that one must be close to what happened. So it’s probably a night to pause and think of LS and her family and wait for further news with relatively open minds

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I've been trying to go through all the MSM links, there's so many of them with similar headlines.

I know most people are convinced it's Libby and PR in the Haworth street cobweb CCTV but I've never been convinced..and numerous newspapers have stated she was last seen on Beresford Avenue. It could be shoddy reporting or it could be that they have more info than we do.
Anytime someone tried pointing out that her last known sighting released by MSM/police wasn't on the Haworth bench/CCTV it got ignored or dismissed and I don't entirely know why?

I really don't think police would have allowed ITV to release the cobweb CCTV if it was important to this case.

"She was last seen on adjacent Beresford Avenue at just after midnight before disappearing"
Libby Squire disappearance: 'Eerie' screaming heard as student vanishes

"She was last spotted on an adjacent street, Beresford Avenue, just after midnight."
Father-of-two's home raided over student Libby Squire's disappearance | Metro News

And the police themselves say Libby was last seen on Beresford and even circled it on this page -
Libby Squire – witnesses sought on CCTV footage | Humberside Police

It could possible be her in his car but the search of the alley suggests to me she was on foot.

The Police have said several times the last known sighting of her was at 12:09 on or at the junction of Haworth Street. See below: The last statement I think before being found.

Libby Squire: New video released | Humberside Police

I have felt the same. It's a strange feeling that I thought I was alone in. I know Libby didn't come from here but we tend to take people in and they become an Honorary Hullensian. We have lost one of our own today.

Absolutely.

I'm not sure if because we're so cut off from other major cities or because we're a port city with lots people coming and going.

In this tragic story. The shining light has been the spirit and togetherness of this City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc