Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if them coincidences go slightly different ly. Libby would probably been sat in a lecture today feeling sorry for herself after drinking to much over the weekend and no one would even know she was :(
If these coincidences don’t end up with convicting PR , in a few years time this will become a pivotal when the then older serial killer PR could have been stopped.... He will only grow in confidence if he gets away with it.
Makes you realise how unsafe the world really is.....

I am not so sure it is going to be hard to 'pin it on him'.
I think the police have a fair amount of evidence.
I think it was a gift to them that they could charge him with other offences.
Had they not been able to do this I think it is highly likely they would have charged him with abduction.
They now can take their time and wait for forensic tests to come back.
I think they will wait another couple of weeks and then charge him with murder.

Last edited:
I think the police a fair amount of evidence.
I think it was a gift to them yay they could charge him with other offences.
Had they not been able to do this I think it is highly likely they would have charged him with abduction.
I think pr might have been known to the police already. The amount of crimes he's been charged with and the proximity to his house. Surely on one occasion they'd have knocked on his door after receiving a complaint about him?

Yeah if them coincidences go slightly different ly. Libby would probably been sat in a lecture today feeling sorry for herself after drinking to much over the weekend and no one would even know she was :(

I know, how sad. These cases are always like a bad, sad version of the film Sliding Doors :(
Just can’t imagine how any family can get through their days, it’d haunt me.

Just hoping the PM gives up some secrets in the hope of securing a conviction against the person who did it or like @paddy40 just said, there may be someone left out there as free as a bird.

Does anyone know if fingernail scrapings could last in water?

Remember watching a tv documentary about women killed and left in a stream. Think he killed prostitutes (?) but the pathologist said running water helps cover a lot of tracks as was the case in the documentary-they struggled with forensic/biological evidence.

I think the police have a fair amount of evidence.
I think it was a gift to them that they could charge him with other offences.

Hope so , but can’t he always say he left her in the park and then someone else murdered her?
If he says they had consensual sex , she voluntarily got in his car. she had a fallen and there was blood ...... I hate to say it , but now that there were 4 people around the park at the time his defence could point to those individuals as they haven’t come forward which could be portrayed as being suspicious.
Can you get forensics after being in the water for 7 weeks !?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing a lot of tabloids reporting Libby could only be identified by her finger prints.
I wonder why not dental records?

Wouldn’t you start with finger prints if they were available to you? Start with the simplest form of identification then work up the scale to dental records, DNA etc only if needed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re PR and alleged offences. Current plea - Not guilty and trial scheduled - July. If a defendant pleads guilty at earliest opportunity then there is a consequent reduction in sentence. See link below. If plea at earliest opportunity then a third reduction in sentence to reflect less impact on victims, witnesses and to save court time and public money. Sliding scale if after first opportunity. If a defendant pleads not guilty and is then convicted they will not get any reduction. Reduction in sentence for a guilty plea: Definitive guideline

Streetview/

Wouldn’t you start with finger prints if they were available to you? Start with the simplest form of identification then work up the scale to dental records, DNA etc only if needed?
It was the 'could only be identified by fingerprints' that got me wondering. I don't know if it's just bad reporting or was it that were no other options available. I really don't know anything about identifying a body so I wouldn't know what to start with or what's easiest, tbh I didn't think you could even get fingerprints from someone that long in water.

Would the river not have a similar effect to a rapids waterslide or ride when the tide was flowing out. In that any object would stay within the main flow/centrally once it got moving and not neccesarily get stuck at the corners?

I have no idea but ive been thinking about it today.

Streetview/

Exactly; finger prints are unique, even identical twins don’t have the same. If they can be obtained, they are the most definitive form of ID. As well as the possible delay in having to obtain dental records, many young people have never had the need of filings or x rays that could aid ID.

It was the 'could only be identified by fingerprints' that got me wondering. I don't know if it's just bad reporting or was it that were no other options available. I really don't know anything about identifying a body so I wouldn't know what to start with or what's easiest, tbh I didn't think you could even get fingerprints from someone that long in water.
Bad reporting, no doubt about it.
"Was identified by" is not the same as "could only be identified by".

My daughter always said she would have headed for the University library - warm, well lit and open 24 hours. However looking at it now the quickest route would have been down Haworth road. Straight past PR.

So many missed opportunities to help her. So, so sad.
But she might have left her ID at the Welly if they paid for her taxi, or she might not have had it with her. Or she might have just not thought enough given her situation.

I think it’s sensationalist reporting. Just my opinion though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member