Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasnt me no. But i do remember it being reported in detail in HDM residents had said their houses were searched, every room, they looked under beds etc. I had a conversation with my husband about it at the time. It also said the police were returning later to those who were not in.

Why the intense focus on searching the Haworth houses? Do we think the searches preceded Spidercam (ie existing CCTV only covered the exit from the bench) or could something else have sparked it? Is a hell of an invasive action to take on a hunch?

(And unrelated point - beautiful post re your mum @Woollybear.)

Yes, I've said several times that there are actually fewer places than you'd think along the waterfront of Hull with access to deep water that are a) accessible and b) not covered by CCTV c) deserted enough so that no one would notice somebody disposing of a body. I suggested the area around the old St Andrew's Dock and the Lord Line building.

My feeling about LS being put into the River Hull higher up is that I suppose she could have somehow been carried by the current* (such as it is) right down past the TSB and The Deep and out into the estuary, but at other times, I look and I think... no. But then again like I said in a previous post, sometimes the simple explanation is the best.

I'm familiar with Hull, I was born there and lived there or environs (apart from three years at Uni) until I finally moved away in 1980.

*For those unfamiliar, it's not like the Seine in Paris or the Tiber in Rome where you have a large body of relatively swift moving water right in the heart of the city. It does divide the city neatly into East and West Hull, but at low tide sometimes its down to a trickle. Look at this picture of the former Hull trawler Arctic Corsair which is now moored up on the River Hull as a tourist attraction. This is at low tide, and you can see how little water is left - and this is quite a long way down towards the TSB and the confluence with the Humber.
No disrespect woollybear but i wouldnt call the river level there a trickle. Granted the difference in water level between low and high tide can be huge but im still of the opinion that libbys body could have travelled quite easily down river without being seen. How many people go over a bridge and look at the river every time, just doesnt happen unless your looking for something specific, and as other posters have said its not inconceiveable she remainded below the surface most of the time. Jmo of course.

Why the intense focus on searching the Haworth houses? Do we think the searches preceded Spidercam (ie existing CCTV only covered the exit from the bench) or could something else have sparked it? Is a hell of an invasive action to take on a hunch?

(And unrelated point - beautiful post re your mum @Woollybear.)

This is probably common knowledge here by now, but all houses and gardens in the Beresford Avenue area were searched too.

Yes I thought of this one too Lyndaloo, and the original post was removed recently from the page I originally saw it on.
Stella8 Another MSM story which still disturbs me is the cyclist harassing girl on Newland Ave & when she was trying to get away a fake taxi tried to block her path? I think that happened either earlier on on the Thursday Libby went missing or at most a couple of days earlier......strange that story also seems to have been removed.

!
Most people I know would not be able to name PR and many have little interest in the case.
Websleuths is my guilty secret!!

Um - ditto. I mentioned it in the pub the other week and nobody had heard of the case; when they asked for details I maybe gave a little TOO many. Everyone looked at me like I was ghoulish so I shut up!

I've been thinking why was spider cam released? It doesn't actually serve any purpose. Was it the police pacifying the media or was it released without there knowledge?

The owner took it straight to police as far as we know but then ITV obtained and released it; the police clearly had some input because it is edited. Police said they couldn't comment on it in case of prejudicing the investigation or words to that effect.

Stella8 Another MSM story which still disturbs me is the cyclist harassing girl on Newland Ave & when she was trying to get away a fake taxi tried to block her path? I think that happened either earlier on on the Thursday Libby went missing or at most a couple of days earlier......strange that story also seems to have been removed.

Agree Lyndaloo, that particular story appears to have been removed from
MSN

View attachment 176539
Or maybe she saw the guy in the balaclava hanging round her street and that spooked her so decided she would rather wait outdoors than go into her house alone?

"She was last seen on Beresford Avenue".

Not Haworth Street as was previously thought. Beresford is en route to ORPFs.

I've been thinking why was spider cam released?

I doesn't actually serve any purpose.

Was it the police pacifying the media or was it released without there knowledge?

It was released by ITV. They probably bought it off the owner of the garage on Haworth Street.

With regards to LE not releasing too much information to avoid ruining a fair trial, I'd say that means they're very sure of who is responsible.

I notice that LE always release more info when they're most desperate for answers, or so the theory goes.

"She was last seen on Beresford Avenue".

Not Haworth Street as was previously thought. Beresford is en route to ORPFs.
This was very early on when it was stated she was last seen on Beresford (old news) ...I’m sure last known sighting was corner of Beverley Rd/ Haworth St. I only posted this screenshot to highlight man in balaclava hanging around Libby’s Street.

I can't see that myself. They'd inhabit completely different worlds. A student is unlikely to register a family unless they're immediate neighbours. A 'normal' family unlikely to register a student. They weren't neighbours. He wasn't memorable.

@Joelle88 said he was softly spoken and had a gentle voice. His wedding photos show a harmless looking bloke. He was her age. Him being trustworthy is probably a mistake we'd all make at 21. When we think monsters look like monsters
He’s 24, but looks even younger.

Are you all serious? I am catching up so maybe someone might have mentioned this but a beach ball is a totally different ball game to a dead body
Of course it is. It was my suggestion and it was never intended to replicate the movements of a dead body, only to get an idea of the speed of the current. I thought I made that clear from the start.

Regards His car .. maybe the police just wanted to make sure no one else would drive it to avoid any claims from him that items found in the car were not his or any journeys made were not by him

His immediate next door neighbour seemed sure the car was his and had "seen him driving it many times" ..no mention of another driver by him

Yes, but where's the bit where he (or another neighbour) mentioned that he thought PR shared the car with another man?

No prize for you, yet!
Yes, but where's the bit where he (or another neighbour) mentioned that he thought PR shared the car with another man?

No prize for you, yet!
i could have got this wrong but this was mentioned in thread 1 page 65 by a member here. There's an eastern European family near me, one guy (very friendly, always makes an effort to say Hello) is always fixing cars up outside his house, I often see him and his close friend driving the same car, I'm never sure who's car it is!
Had previous Eastern European neighbours too, 2 young couples who shared a house AND a car. i cannot find a msm link anywhere so perhaps this is what you saw.

I do understand that but apparently as she walked away & was asked if she was okay she mumbled something incoherent ( we don’t know what that was ) just a thought that’s all.

Yes, but doesn't panic or scream or point and walks away from 3 males, including student neighbours, thinking she's better off outside on her own when there's someone scary in the vicinity? Then accepts a lift from someone she maybe barely knew?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member