Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stella8 Another MSM story which still disturbs me is the cyclist harassing girl on Newland Ave & when she was trying to get away a fake taxi tried to block her path? I think that happened either earlier on on the Thursday Libby went missing or at most a couple of days earlier......strange that story also seems to have been removed.
I have vague memories of hearing that mentioned on here? What was it? Was it near Pipers which is another place that students go to? I can't find it either.

One thing that has annoyed me given what we've since heard about the charges against PR, the descriptions of the perpetrator and their locations Students were not specifically told told about them by the University. Unless they were aware of the victims they didn't know about the incidents.

Students are far less likely than locals to look at local media and local social media. If Libby had seen the sketch circulating from the 26/12 flashing she might have been far more wary of PR.

My view of Haworth cctv was that itv & the police had an agreement not to show it until after PRs arrest & also only show a police edited version as not to prejudice any trial. I assumed police wanted it out there to jog people’s memories, show the car incase anyone saw it nearby after 12.09am, say that the cyclist & megane driving past could be vital witnesses & to prick the conscience of family & friends of PR. Therefor using itv as a mouthpiece?

i could have got this wrong but this was mentioned in thread 1 page 65 by a member here. There's an eastern European family near me, one guy (very friendly, always makes an effort to say Hello) is always fixing cars up outside his house, I often see him and his close friend driving the same car, I'm never sure who's car it is!
Had previous Eastern European neighbours too, 2 young couples who shared a house AND a car. i cannot find a msm link anywhere so perhaps this is what you saw.

Yes I saw that post, that poster isn't from Hull, I think she was just pointing out car sharing was an option as someone near her does it.

There was definitely a neighbour quote in the newspapers about it, but for some reason it's been removed from everywhere.

Re information and reports "disappearing".
In some cases where we're sure we read something in the papers but can't find it now, I think we need to consider the possibility that we read it on Facebook or other social media.
Not referring to anything in particular here.

My view of Haworth cctv was that itv & the police had an agreement not to show it until after PRs arrest & also only show a police edited version as not to prejudice any trial. I assumed police wanted it out there to jog people’s memories, show the car incase anyone saw it nearby after 12.09am, say that the cyclist & megane driving past could be vital witnesses & to prick the conscience of family & friends of PR. Therefor using itv as a mouthpiece?
But they didn't ask for witnesses.
I can't see why they wouldn't just release the footage themselves along with a request for witnesses, as they have done with the Oak Road clips.

Have been away for nearly two weeks during which time the heartbreaking discovery of Libby's body was made. My heart goes out to her family and friends, all of whom have spoken with such dignity. Similarly on WS there have been so many postings of great kindness and genuine sympathy. Well done!
I have spent a long time playing catch up and, for now, wanted to research a question posed about 10 days ago by @Winterbells about local fishing opportunities.
In the Daily Mail online article of 9th Feb 2019 which included an interview with PR's mother, she was quoted as describing him as a quiet and kind family man who has a passion for hockey and fishing. I have seen online evidence of a large fishing and leisure lake location about 3 miles east of their village.
I have researched local fishing websites and found one for Hull & District Anglers Association, which you may find of interest. On the "Venues" tab, the list includes Oak Road Pond with a page of supporting information and directions to the pond which at first I found a little chilling. It covers parking and times. (Generally fishing must stop at 9:30pm each day.) Apparently, H&DAA are supported by the local council and users must register by on-line membership or day-pass. Members' details are stored on a database and subject to strict privacy codes.
I'm posting this to suggest a possible connection to this case, whereby a passionate angler could build up an intimate knowledge of the one acre pond and the surrounding Beresford Park. It is of course very close to the River Hull.
Now back to catch-up!

But they didn't ask for witnesses.
I can't see why they wouldn't just release the footage themselves along with a request for witnesses, as they have done with the Oak Road clips.

No the police didn’t ask but itv did state both cyclist & megane driver could be witnesses ...if police showed footage could possibly jeopardise a trial if they were certain it was showing perpetrator/ victim ITV News exclusive: CCTV captures car activity minutes before student Libby Squire was last seen in Hull

Last edited:
Yes, but doesn't panic or scream or point and walks away from 3 males, including student neighbours, thinking she's better off outside on her own when there's someone scary in the vicinity? Then accepts a lift from someone she maybe barely knew?
Perhaps balaclava man was already out of view by time students spoke to her & taxi driver helped her up....didn’t want to seem silly as she was drunk? Just think it’s really strange balaclava man seen in Libby’s Street, then cyclist with possible balaclava passing PRs car in Haworth & also cyclist seen on Croda cctv leaving park area and going back 10 mins later at funny hour in morning in temps of -5 ... seems very suspicious to me but just my opinion x

Perhaps balaclava man was already out of view by time students spoke to her & taxi driver helped her up....didn’t want to seem silly as she was drunk? Just think it’s really strange balaclava man seen in Libby’s Street, then cyclist with possible balaclava passing PRs car in Haworth & also cyclist seen on Croda cctv leaving park area and going back 10 mins later at funny hour in morning in temps of -5 ... seems very suspicious to me but just my opinion x
Was a balaclava man ever seen on Libby's street? Don't think I've heard that at all. PR was charged with offending public decency there a couple of weeks before

Was a balaclava man ever seen on Libby's street? Don't think I've heard that at all. PR was charged with offending public decency there a couple of weeks before
Yes I posted a screenshot earlier, here it is again

Attachments

• 93ED46D5-8E79-4CC2-AFBC-87716B5492F4.png
    93ED46D5-8E79-4CC2-AFBC-87716B5492F4.png
    418.7 KB · Views: 40
I've been thinking why was spider cam released?

I doesn't actually serve any purpose.

Was it the police pacifying the media or was it released without there knowledge?

Good question. They never asked for help identifying anyone on the footage, so it wasn't for that purpose. It doesn't categorically show Libby being abducted (ie you can't see her face), so it's not "last seen" footage which is often released in missing person cases.

I'd love to know if the electrical company gave it to the police or ITV initially. Because if they gave it to police, as you'd expect/hope, the police must have authorised its release (edited).

Perhaps it was just the polices way of letting us connect the dots between PR and Libby, without actually saying it.

Good question. They never asked for help identifying anyone on the footage, so it wasn't for that purpose. It doesn't categorically show Libby being abducted (ie you can't see her face), so it's not "last seen" footage which is often released in missing person cases.

I'd love to know if the electrical company gave it to the police or ITV initially. Because if they gave it to police, as you'd expect/hope, the police must have authorised its release (edited).

Perhaps it was just the polices way of letting us connect the dots between PR and Libby, without actually saying it.

You would hope they gave it to LE first because if they sold it on to the media just for a bit of cash/publicity then it's disgraceful.

It really narks me that they say they wanted it released as LE were doing nothing, which was clearly not true.

They should have not commented IMO.

They might have!!

We probably KNOW, like, 1% of the facts. The police will have had hundreds of callers on this case, some of whom will have reported seeing Libby or hearing screams or getting flashed at by PR or whatever. There will be hours and hours of CCTV of both of them as well the car. His phone records, his wife's statement about where the hell he was that night, what he bought, where his phone was etc etc. Then there's all the stuff taken away from his house, forensic results, cause of death, the list goes on...and on...and on.

Oh to be a fly on the wall down the cop shop!
Id rather be a ladybird, being a fly you might get swatted as soon as something juicy comes up

I’m sure that’s why police edited it first. If police weren’t happy with what itv had shown/written....I’m sure it would have disappeared with a lot of other articles, my opinion of course.
Still doesn't explain why the police didn't show it themselves, along with a witness appeal.
Although it is possible that the cyclist or motorist (or both) had noticed Libby and already contacted the police.

View attachment 176539
Or maybe she saw the guy in the balaclava hanging round her street and that spooked her so decided she would rather wait outdoors than go into her house alone?

Do you know whether this was around the time Libby returned home?
just supposing it is a possibility it could have been PR up to his old tricks and planning to break in to a near by house, he might have left his burglary tools hidden around the corner whist he sussed out a suitable place.could he have seen Libby return and start going down the road,that is when he entered her address in in his satnav.
He then decided to drive and see where she went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmayole