Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Libby was on the wrong side of the road to get back to Welly.

I think she was heading to a seemingly safe place to wait for friends (more traffic and people around than down her street). We don't know if she knew about what had happened down there recently buy would make sense to go to a more populated area regardless.
There were reports she was found in the road at one time so perhaps it was her intention to catch the bus but fell in the road and was helped to the bench. Grey beard stopped and helped her so only he and the police know exactly what happened. When someone is drunk they don't always have clear thoughts and intentions so it is difficult to guess exactly what was on her mind but this is JMO as to why she was there albeit on the wrong side of the road.

A few threads back someone had drawn dotted lines over a screenshot from google maps of where she could have entered the water (there were two ways if I remember correctly) and also had the sluice marked on the image. It was a great diagram and was really helpful!!
Was it discussed about the sluice that it was or wasn't possible for a body to pass through?

I've been told that whilst Beverley road is well lit the bench is set slightly back and is quite dark. So if she was picked up by CCTV there, it's a junction so it's likely to have CCTV and ANPR, moving back to sit on the bench means she probably would cease to be visible. So it could easily be ordinary CCTV. I'm surprised it wasn't shown.

Do we know whether it was witnesses or CCTV that picked up greybeard?

As it now appears she went from the bench backwards to Haworth street she wouldn't be picked up leaving it by either that camera or others on the road. Hence LE would know she could only have gone to Haworth.

I believe LE were searching there very thoroughly the day after. I wonder if that's when they obtained spidercam footage.

Spidercam didn't show his number plate so I'm pretty sure the car will have been caught on CCTV elsewhere. Otherwise they'd never have caught him.

Either way lack of lighting would have been an issue

LE asked for dashcam and CCTV for that evening and that area.
I don't think we have seen all of spidercam. Simply because his car was already turned around and facing the right way for a quick exit. There has to be some more of when he first arrived and turned around to park there. Has that ever been shown?

4 Beresford Ave Google Maps

Street view, Libby's bench.
If you turn to view up towards the Howarth pub the CCTV is right opposite the pub. I "walked" up streetview till I was right under it and looked up at the camera then turned back down to see the view down towards the bench. It is likely this was the camera that caught her IMO.

(I was trying to post this yesterday but didnt think to go right up to the junction looking for cameras)

Last edited:
I don't think we have seen all of spidercam. Simply because his car was already turned around and facing the right way for a quick exit. There has to be some more of when he first arrived and turned around to park there. Has that ever been shown?
No and I've mentioned that several times because it's odd. Edit out where nothing is happening obviously but he's clearly not even by the car door when it starts.

IMO that contains something important

If you turn to view up towards the Howarth pub the CCTV is right opposite the pub. I "walked" up streetview till I was right under it and looked up at the camera then turned back down to see the view down towards the bench. It is likely this was the camera that caught her IMO.

(I was trying to post this yesterday but didnt think to go right up to the junction looking for cameras)

Street view is very up to date!

Didn't think of the pub. Is there CCTV at the junction. There are traffic lights and quite often they have cameras

ETA There is a camera on top of the pedestrian lights. I don't think it'd pick up Libby on the bench but it would pick up PR if he had driven past and seen her

Didn't think of the pub. Is there CCTV at the junction. There are traffic lights and quite often they have cameras

ETA There is a camera on top of the pedestrian lights. I don't think it'd pick up Libby on the bench but it would pick up PR if he had driven past and seen her
There is an independent camera right at the junction on a tall black pole . It is viewable in the street view I posted.

534 Beverley Rd Google Maps

This is the view from the junction straight down towards Libbys bench, the CCTV pole can be seen on the right hopefully. A red bus can actually be seen on the left near the spot.

Last edited:
There is an independent camera right at the junction on a tall black pole . It is viewable in the street view I posted.

This is the view from the junction straight down towards Libbys bench, the CCTV pole can be seen on the right hopefully. A red bus can actually be seen on the left near the spot.

Although you can't actually see the bench you would see anyone approach it and/or which direction Libby went in when leaving it due to the walled area surrounding it. Guessing this camera will also be time stamped.

Interesting. If he went towards the park via Beverley after taking Libby it would pick him up.

Clough road is where the 4 people caught on the Oak Road CCTV would come out. If they'd turned towards Beverley road could it have caught them?

Interesting. If he went towards the park via Beverley after taking Libby it would pick him up.

Clough road is where the 4 people caught on the Oak Road CCTV would come out. If they'd turned towards Beverley road could it have caught them?
I bet these cctv poles and cams are at all the main junctions and they have his car on them. They will be comparing where he says he went with the the cctv and will know when he is lying.

I'm going to have a look further on street view for cameras near where he would come out from Haworth in his car.

Google Maps

This is the next camera at the junction of Cottingham and Newlands. So he would come out of Howarth and turning right or left he would be caught on cam.

Last edited:
Although you can't actually see the bench you would see anyone approach it and/or which direction Libby went in when leaving it due to the walled area surrounding it. Guessing this camera will also be time stamped.
It may also be a zoomable camera activated by motion, they often are. This is obviously how they saw Greybeard IMO.

It may also be a zoomable camera activated by motion, they often are. This is obviously how they saw Greybeard IMO.
Round here all the traffic lights have cameras with ANPR. Including pedestrian crossing lights. There is a crossing close to the junction of Beverley and Beresford - that should have caught him as well.

LE also requested dash cam and shop CCTV from everyone up to 3am. Quite a long time frame.

I guess it's once he heads into residential areas it gets tougher. It's so lucky spidercam was there. Well hidden and unexpected but unusual in a residential street. They could however track him out of those areas.

IMO they had enough to charge him with abduction initially. But I guess if they could clear up a great chunk of outstanding sexual crimes and keep him off the streets they might as well make the most of it. Gives them the rare luxury of extra time.

IMO something relevant must happen in the unseen minutes of spidercam. Something relevant was said during the reporting blackout at the start of his sentencing - I didn't even know consecutive sentencing existed in the UK. Something is important in the later Oak Road CCTV.

IMO only - something is complicating about this case. But I can't think what

I think he could have had help concealing the crime and that could be what police are looking at IMO. Just a feeling I have had for a while.

Unless they are still awaiting DNA results. Perhaps they could not take or use the DNA until he was convicted of the other crimes. They have also had the car for all this time as well presumably for forensic purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19