Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second was just how shallow the Humber estuary appeared at low tide. It's clearly deep enough for shipping at high tide and, I guess, at it's centre but we were looking out at a large expanse of sand at low tide. Both from the Hull side and from Spurn Point on the opposite shore.

The Humber isn't shallow, but rather full of sand banks and channels of varying depths - which makes it challenging to navigate. It's worth remembering that bodies sink initially, and begin to rise over a number of weeks as decomposition and chemical changes influence buoyancy.

I spend most Saturdays by that footbridge over the River Hull (from the old town, to the Premier Inn and Deep). I often pop outside to smoke a cigarette and watch the River, I always think of Libby. Its interesting even from someone who has spent their life here to see the variations in the speed and depth of the River. I always end up thinking the same.......im not surprised she wasnt seen. Its dark, its murky and it is unfriendly, not a picturesque body of water at all. Even at low tide, it somehow looks .....unsafe?

Edited for clarity.

I've got a feeling because of Covid-19 they could another delay for justice :(
At least he's not going anywhere, being in jail for the next few years, iirc he got eight years. I'm relieved for the people of Hull that he's not free to carry on doing his nasty business peeping in windows and worse. MOO.

The Guardian

Lengthy criminal trials to be put on hold

Criminal trials in England and Wales are to be put on hold, the lord chief justice Lord Burnett has said, adding that no new trial should start in any crown court unless it is expected to last for three days or fewer.

As a result, cases longer than three days that were due to start before the end of April will be postponed. Burnett has said:

The impact of the public health emergency on the operation of the courts has been under constant review. In all jurisdictions steps are being taken to enable as many hearings as possible to be conducted with some or all of the participants attending by telephone, video-link or online. Many court hearings will be able to continue as normal with appropriate precautions being taken. We must make every effort to maintain a functioning court system in support of the administration of justice and rule of law.

Trials in the crown court present particular problems in a fast-developing situation because they require the presence in court of many different participants including the judge, the jury, a defendant, lawyers and witnesses as well as staff. Given the risks of a trial not being able to complete, I have decided that no new trial should start in the crown court unless it is expected to last for three days or less. All cases estimated to last longer than three days listed to start before the end of April 2020 will be adjourned. These cases will be kept under review and the position regarding short trials will be revisited as circumstances develop and in any event next week. As events unfold decisions will be taken in respect of all cases awaiting trial in the crown court.

Trials currently underway will generally proceed in the hope that they can be completed.

All those attending court should follow Public Heath England guidance suitably adjusted to reflect the distinct features of a court as a working environment for all concerned, including jurors.

Updated at 11.05pm GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member