Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometime in April: (Maybe!)
*Case Management Hearing – (@ 10am UK) – UK – Liberty “Libby” Anna Squire (21) (last seen Jan. 31, 2019 outside Welly Club in Hull; found Mar. 20, 2019 from Grimsby Docks in the Humber Estuary) - *Pawel Relowicz (24) arrested (2/6/19 on suspicion of abduction) officially charged (10/30/19) with murder & rape. No plea entered yet.
Trial set to begin on 6/2/20. Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Oliver Saxby QC for defense. Trial expected to last 5 weeks.
Was originally charged (3/18/19 & 5/10/19) with 5 counts of burglary, 4 counts of voyeurism, 3 counts of outraging public decency & 1 count of receiving stolen goods. On 8/12/19 plead guilty to 9 charges including voyeurism (4 counts), outraging public decency (2 counts) & burglary (3 counts). Relowicz jailed for eight & a half years.

10/24/19 Update: Charged (10/24/19) with murder & rape. Court appearance at the Hull Magistrates' Court on 10/30.
10/30/19 Update: Charges read to Mr Relowicz by the court clerk. She said of the first charge: “That on Feb. 1st at Hull you murdered Liberty Squire. The second charge is one of rape in Hull between Jan. 31 & Feb. 1st, 2019. The prosecutor said because of the murder charge Relowicz must appear before a Crown court within 48 hours. Relowicz was remanded in custody and is to appear at a Hull Crown Court at 10am tomorrow, 10/31. He was not asked to indicate any pleas.
10/31/19 Update: Asked for a trial date of June 2, 2020 before Mr. Justice Goss, a High Court judge. The trial is expected to last five weeks. Trial to take place in Sheffield. A further case management hearing will take place in March - a venue and date are to be fixed - before the trial judge, Mr. Justice Goss. PR will enter his plea at March hearing. The Defense will not be making an application for bail today. Richard Wright QC will lead Mr. Woolfall in prosecuting the case. Oliver Saxby QC will lead the defense.
3/17/20 Update: Marc’s Case Management hearing will probably take place after the end of April due to coronavirus.
3/18/20 Update: Lengthy criminal trials to be put on hold. Criminal trials in England and Wales are to be put on hold, the lord chief justice Lord Burnett has said, adding that no new trial should start in any crown court unless it is expected to last for three days or fewer. As a result, cases longer than three days that were due to start before the end of April will be postponed.

from article:

His trial, due to start on June 8th, was thrown into jeopardy but prosecutors say they are going to be taking new measures to try and make sure a jury can still sit, while performing safe social distancing.
[.....]
Relowicz's trial is due to start on June 8 this year. There will be a further hearing in May.

I have June 2nd as start of trial... guess I'll go with what the article says.

The article above is dated 4/30 - so I'll post this here, so I can shorten it up a bit.

Thursday, April 30th:
*Case Management Hearing – (@ 10am UK) – UK – Liberty “Libby” Anna Squire (21) (last seen Jan. 31, 2019 outside Welly Club in Hull; found Mar. 20, 2019 from Grimsby Docks in the Humber Estuary) - *Pawel Relowicz (24) arrested (2/6/19 on suspicion of abduction) officially charged (10/30/19) with murder & rape. No plea entered yet.
Trial was set to begin on 6/8/20. Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Oliver Saxby QC for defense. Trial expected to last 5 weeks.
Was originally charged (3/18/19 & 5/10/19) with 5 counts of burglary, 4 counts of voyeurism, 3 counts of outraging public decency & 1 count of receiving stolen goods. On 8/12/19 plead guilty to 9 charges including voyeurism (4 counts), outraging public decency (2 counts) & burglary (3 counts). Relowicz jailed for eight & a half years.

10/24/19 Update: Charged (10/24/19) with murder & rape. Court appearance at the Hull Magistrates' Court on 10/30.
10/30/19 Update: Charges read to Mr Relowicz by the court clerk. She said of the first charge: “That on Feb. 1st at Hull you murdered Liberty Squire. The second charge is one of rape in Hull between Jan. 31 & Feb. 1st, 2019. The prosecutor said because of the murder charge Relowicz must appear before a Crown court within 48 hours. Relowicz was remanded in custody and is to appear at a Hull Crown Court at 10am tomorrow, 10/31. He was not asked to indicate any pleas.
10/31/19 Update: Asked for a trial date of June 2, 2020 before Mr. Justice Goss, a High Court judge. The trial is expected to last five weeks. Trial to take place in Sheffield. A further case management hearing will take place in March - a venue and date are to be fixed - before the trial judge, Mr. Justice Goss. PR will enter his plea at March hearing. The Defense will not be making an application for bail today. Richard Wright QC will lead Mr. Woolfall in prosecuting the case. Oliver Saxby QC will lead the defense.
3/17/20 Update: Marc’s Case Management hearing will probably take place after the end of April due to coronavirus.
3/18/20 Update: Lengthy criminal trials to be put on hold. Criminal trials in England and Wales are to be put on hold, the lord chief justice Lord Burnett has said, adding that no new trial should start in any crown court unless it is expected to last for three days or fewer. As a result, cases longer than three days that were due to start before the end of April will be postponed.
4/30/20 Update: Relowicz was not present in court due to a booking error at Wakefield Prison, where he is being held. Both last week, and this week, Relowicz was due to be in the hearing, although communication issues at the prison stopped him from being so. However, his defence barrister Dale Brook was asked to relay to him what had been said during the hearing. trial is due to start on June 8 this year. There will be a further hearing in May.

Was wondering if anyone had heard if there might be a "specific" date in May yet? TIA!

Sometime in May:
*Case Management Hearing (@ 10am UK) – UK – Liberty “Libby” Anna Squire (21) (last seen Jan. 31, 2019 outside Welly Club in Hull; found Mar. 20, 2019 from Grimsby Docks in the Humber Estuary) - *Pawel Relowicz (24) arrested (2/6/19 on suspicion of abduction) officially charged (10/30/19) with murder & rape. No plea entered yet.
Trial was set to begin on 6/8/20. Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Oliver Saxby QC for defense. Trial expected to last 5 weeks.

Court info from 10/31/19 thru 3/18/20 reference post #868 here:
Found Deceased - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*
4/30/20 Update: Relowicz was not present in court due to a booking error at Wakefield Prison, where he is being held. Both last week, and this week, Relowicz was due to be in the hearing, although communication issues at the prison stopped him from being so. However, his defence barrister Dale Brook was asked to relay to him what had been said during the hearing. trial is due to start on June 8 this year. There will be a further hearing in May.

I was asked to look into this case, as I'm Polish and able to translate something for you all, but sadly, information about that case in Polish media is very scarce, even nonexistent. I didn't find any national news covering this case in the slightest. Not even a mention. Only some of online portals dedicated to Polish immigrants in the UK posted about this, but the info is essentially the same as in any other news website in the UK.
Of course if something new transpires, I'd be glad to help in any way I can. For now, consider it as a bump.

I was asked to look into this case, as I'm Polish and able to translate something for you all, but sadly, information about that case in Polish media is very scarce, even nonexistent. I didn't find any national news covering this case in the slightest. Not even a mention. Only some of online portals dedicated to Polish immigrants in the UK posted about this, but the info is essentially the same as in any other news website in the UK.
Of course if something new transpires, I'd be glad to help in any way I can. For now, consider it as a bump.

woah, really? Thank you so much for making the effort and to whoever asked you to assist. Thanks again.

Thank you for your help. I remember looking up where he was from and I think it was a small town. Don't remember the name now though. Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz