UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that mean, his car was not there? Makes no sense.
And I don't remember it being reported that Sam Alford saw him getting into the car.
This all sounds like waffle to me.
coped from thread 19, page 12, post 228 - (not sure if it's relevant or not) :

Defence questions Det Cons Grandidge
Dale Brook, mitigating, has asked whether the officer checked CCTV to see if Relowicz’s car had left Raglan Street again between it returning home on February 1 and leaving again later that day, to which Detective Constable has replied: “Yes.”

Mr Brook says: “If we look at a clip we can see his vehicle heading down Raglan Street. It is right that we have a very clear CCTV at the entrance of Raglan Street and at no stage after 2.59am and before 2.35pm that day does his car leave Raglan Street and Raglan Street extension?”

DC Grandidge says: “We could not find any other CCTV of his car apart from that.”

Trial updates as chilling CCTV 'shows Pawel Relowicz meeting Libby'

Except his timings don't match the case outlined either, if he is precise the screaming went on after 12:19. For what it's worth I think he has massively over-estimated how long the screams went on for and how long he was watching out of the window before he saw the man walking out of the park. Unless he missed PR leaving the park while he was in the loo and saw another man leaving.

Could it be that all the timings are out - by a few minutes here and there because of peoples reliance on clocks/watches that might be fast/slow, or does everyone use digital/centralised phones for the time? I never have a phone/digital clock in my bedroom

Except his timings don't match the case outlined either, if he is precise the screaming went on after 12:19. For what it's worth I think he has massively over-estimated how long the screams went on for and how long he was watching out of the window before he saw the man walking out of the park. Unless he missed PR leaving the park while he was in the loo and saw another man leaving.

Could it be that all the timings are out - by a few minutes here and there because of peoples reliance on clocks/watches that might be fast/slow, or does everyone use digital/centralised phones for the time? I never have a phone/digital clock in my bedroom

Or rounded it up. Heard screams , head processed screams. One asked the other 'what time is it?" And they replied ' it's about half twelve' .

I think the defence asked Sam Alford if he could be wrong about the time he woke up and he said no. I recall he checked the time on his phone because he had received a message.

I dont think we can start "doubting" scream .witnesses we haven't even heard from yet ..it screams as biased and an unwillingness to listen to the defence...something the jury have to do

The prosecution scream witness was way out on timings to fit their theory but the grace of recollection discrepancies was allowed ...same should apply for all

I think the defence asked Sam Alford if he could be wrong about the time he woke up and he said no. I recall he checked the time on his phone because he had received a message.
That I can accept, but I don't suppose he checked the time regularly after that. He would have been estimating and possibly over-estimating. A minute is longer than we think when we wait it out consciously.

11:23
Defence calling on two other witnesses who heard screams
Oliver Saxby QC says Relowicz’s evidence may go well into Wednesday.

He says the defence will also call Drew Brewster and Hannah Berkin.

He said; “In 2019, they were students living in Claremont Avenue and in the early hours of February 1 they heard screaming. The screams they heard were female and came from the area of Oak Road playing fields.

“Three days later on February 4, they gave statements about what they heard. Unlike Sam Alford, the prosecution have chosen not to rely on what they have to say.

“The prosecution served the statements on us, the defence. They, in any case, have a duty to provide evidence that could undermine the prosecution case and support the defence case.

“We considered these statements and in light of the evidence you have heard and the theory put forward we have chosen to call these two witnesses.”

Libby Squire trial live: Relowicz defence to start[/QUOTE
"act of sexual intercourse" or Rape as we know it was.

I ******* HATE defense lawyers!

Yes I know they're necessary but, they really are... grrrrrt!
Me too. I think the 'combatative nature' of the legal system stinks.

coped from thread 19, page 12, post 228 - (not sure if it's relevant or not) :

Defence questions Det Cons Grandidge
Dale Brook, mitigating, has asked whether the officer checked CCTV to see if Relowicz’s car had left Raglan Street again between it returning home on February 1 and leaving again later that day, to which Detective Constable has replied: “Yes.”

Mr Brook says: “If we look at a clip we can see his vehicle heading down Raglan Street. It is right that we have a very clear CCTV at the entrance of Raglan Street and at no stage after 2.59am and before 2.35pm that day does his car leave Raglan Street and Raglan Street extension?”

DC Grandidge says: “We could not find any other CCTV of his car apart from that.”

Trial updates as chilling CCTV 'shows Pawel Relowicz meeting Libby'
I'm so confused now. So PR was out in his car between 2.35am and 2.59am?

I dont think we can start "doubting" scream .witnesses we haven't even heard from yet ..it screams as biased and an unwillingness to listen to the defence...something the jury have to do

The prosecution scream witness was way out on timings to fit their theory but the grace of recollection discrepancies was allowed ...same should apply for all

We can do that because we're not on the jury.

12:26
Relowicz's background
He says he is Polish and came to England eight years ago when he was 18.

He says he came here to work and “to earn good money.”

When he came to the UK he stayed with someone who later moved away and he stayed in Hull.

He says he is married to a woman named Jagoda and she is 26. Relowicz says he has two children ages four and two.

Relowicz is laughing as he has been asked to explain in English how well he understands the language.

He said: “Basic.”

He said: “I think I speak English not too well but I understand very well.”

Pawel Relowicz is giving his account of what happened to Libby - updates

12:26
Relowicz's background
He says he is Polish and came to England eight years ago when he was 18.

He says he came here to work and “to earn good money.”

When he came to the UK he stayed with someone who later moved away and he stayed in Hull.

He says he is married to a woman named Jagoda and she is 26. Relowicz says he has two children ages four and two.

Relowicz is laughing as he has been asked to explain in English how well he understands the language.

He said: “Basic.”

He said: “I think I speak English not too well but I understand very well.”

Pawel Relowicz is giving his account of what happened to Libby - updates
Laughing, really? How inconsiderate to Libby's parents. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics