UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking, defense is saying that he was never shown violence in his crimes, why wud he go on to rape etc. I wonder how old his baby was at this point, if fairly newborn, maybe their sex life was non existent (post partum healing, exhaustion) and that's what caused his crimes to escalate to rape, even murder, as his sexual frustrations grew.

Given what we know about him ,I do not think a normal loving sexual relationship with a partner was something that satisfied him,so the lack of it would not have made a difference to his behaviour. It was a need to increase his satisfaction from his perverted ,predator desires which led to him committing rape.

I was thinking, defense is saying that he was never shown violence in his crimes, why wud he go on to rape etc. I wonder how old his baby was at this point, if fairly newborn, maybe their sex life was non existent (post partum healing, exhaustion) and that's what caused his crimes to escalate to rape, even murder, as his sexual frustrations grew.

Very good point!

I'm not sure what it's like in court re covid and if numbers are limited but has it been stated anywhere whether PR has any support present - family, friends etc - very telling if he hasn't. Also if his wife doesn't testify (do we think she will?) what can we imply from that? That she knows he's a lying sexual pervert and will tell the court that; that she won't back up his story of returning home that night, or that her evidence just isn't relevant?

<modsnip>
The defence lawyer is not the villain here and it feels wrong to me when people talk about another human like that who is doing their jobs. It can’t be an easy job they do and it certainly doesn’t pay as well as many other avenues of law. Many innocent people have needed a defence lawyer and are grateful for them doing that role and I’m sure that is gratifying, I doubt the lawyer is relishing this job at all, but they do not usually get to pick and choose their cases. Yes we can all be irritated that defence lawyers exist, but do we need to personally be so overtly rude and demeaning about him. Without defence lawyers we would have no justice system at all.
I think the defence lawyer is doing well and has gone along with his client taking the stand to tell the court what really happened on the night in question.

One thing that I keep thinking is; if he reckons they had sex on the side of the road not actually in the park then when he returned later at 2am why did he go into the park to "look for her" if he left her at the roadside and saw her walk off then there would be no need to go in the park? He really has tripped himself right up taking the stand and coming up with now yet another version,completely different to all the other previous versions he's told!

Also, he has been quoted as saying how devastated he was for cheating on his wife for the first time ever - why on earth has he then admitted that he was out looking for opportunities to masturbate or looking for sex??! It makes no sense that a happily married man would be out looking for sex for the first EVER, the night that he happens upon a drunk, vulnerable girl who then makes a move on him - so many coincidences! I said before he reminded me of Ian Stewart from the Helen Bailey trial and he is definitely living up to the same level of ridiculousness, lies and pure fantasy. No wonder defence are scraping the barrel with their questionable suggestions, they haven't got anything credible to work with
He admitted he was out on the prowl again, then tries to make out he was only trying to drive Libby home. Doesn't he see the irony of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist