UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just rewatched the spidercam footage. Below is the timeline. Can anyone remember if the times were slightly out? Also we don't know when the other car arrived. Was that before or after PR. Did either they or the cyclist come forward I wonder. Was the other car the Sainsburys manager?

00:02:08 PR returns to the car
00:02:37 Person on bike goes past
00:05:05 Other car leaves
00:05:22 PR leaves car
00:06:58 PR & LS return to car
00:07:44 Car drives off

I've just rewatched the spidercam footage. Below is the timeline. Can anyone remember if the times were slightly out? Also we don't know when the other car arrived. Was that before or after PR. Did either they or the cyclist come forward I wonder. Was the other car the Sainsburys manager?

Edited just seen that footage started at 23.57 and showed the other car arriving with PR already there so not the Sainsburys manager leaving

Last edited:

Times were slightly out I believe.

From the Hull Daily Mail trial coverage

Relowicz's account to police of what happened
Relowicz then claimed he had been driving Libby in his car while asking her for her address.

He said he ended up in Beresford Avenue and he thought that she was going to be sick and stopped his car by the playing fields where he could drive no further.

He claimed that when there, Libby got out of the car and he went to the toilet. He told police that when he got back she was crying and kneeling on the floor and walked away on the left hand side of Beresford Avenue where he assumed she lived.

Relowicz then claimed he went home, sat with his wife and had a bath. He said all of these events happened between 10pm and 11pm on January 31.

He said he only went out again later on to look for her, but could not see her.

Do we think the reporter got the times wrong or is this another total lie by PR having been caught out by cctv?

Even if Libby was heard by the Sainsbury’s manager shouting ‘don’t leave me’ in PR’s direction, it still makes perfect sense to me ? and hopefully the jury too.

She was distressed, intoxicated and likely hypothermic at this point - so what if she had rebuffed other passers by offers of help, she likely rebuffed PR’s offers initially too, he was working and working on her. In her volatile state she was likely changing her mind every second as opposed to every minute ! She wasn’t thinking rationally, probably going from ‘yes i better go with him, it’ll be fine, I’m absolutely freezing and feeling poorly and getting no where here’ TO ‘I can’t trust this man, it’s dangerous, I’m distressed and want to stay here and cry..’

I think she was probably protesting quite strongly at the time PR went to briefly sit in his car, perhaps before the sainsbury manager heard, she may have been shouting at PR to leave her alone and he was aware of people in the vicinity so sat in the car momentarily, till they left and then more forcefully coercing her along. She may have been protesting strongly but at the same time, she’s in no fit state and she doesn’t take much to be physically ushered to the car. The poor girl had already fallen so many times.

OR PR knows at this point placing her in his vehicle, that act in itself, from a place of ‘relative safety’ on a public street to the confines of his vehicle means he needs to be absolutely sure there are as few witnesses as possible before he in essence, abducts her. The watch is a tell take sign.

So Libby possibly shouting ‘don’t leave me!’ whilst he’s walked off to his car means absolutely nothing, doesn’t mean she trusts him in the slightest. She likely changed her mind a split second later. She’s so distressed she could be shouting she loved him for all I care, poor lass absolutely doesn’t have a clue what’s really going on..

I have plenty of faith the jurors will look at that statement in all of its context.

I guess read it wrong. For some reason I thought he was flying his drone over the fields as LE were searching. Sorry for the confusion!
I thought the same! Hopefully the trial resumes monday so these details can perhaps become more clear as the trial progresses.

Last edited:
But the broken watch makes me think she didn't get in totally willingly. Perhaps in two minds.

Big coincidence about where the watch was found, but Libby had already fallen several times on concrete, so maybe the watch was damaged and it wouldn't have taken much for it to come off. She could even have been playing with it herself.

She did lose her keys in the garden of some student's house that she had entered a short time earlier. The problem is according to the taxi driver and other witnesses, she never even attempted to enter her own house when she still had her keys with her. Also, I would assume she warmed up a bit after entering the student house even if just for a few moments and the taxi driver said she seemed quite alert, so I don't understand why she never tried to find her keys or asked the other students to help her find them and if they couldn't, why would she go to beverley road instead of some alternative option? This sequence of events is baffling.

Sounds normal for someone who is drunk; they can be a shocking mix of logic and risk.

Once I was out with a friend who suddenly went over the edge with alcohol. We were in a restaurant and she declared she'd finished her meal, and just got up and walked out, saying good night to people on the way past. I had to grab all our belongings, pay the bill and catch up with her; she was outside trying to find a taxi. Except she thought she was in her home town, whereas she was in a different city visiting me. Then she took her high heels off and started walking 'home' because taxis weren't stopping. When we finally got back to mine we had a kind of a normal kind of conversation, but for the fact that she was talking about having been somewhere completely different that evening. She didn't remember anything the next morning...

Big coincidence about where the watch was found, but Libby had already fallen several times on concrete, so maybe the watch was damaged and it wouldn't have taken much for it to come off. She could even have been playing with it herself.
All possible, but it may also have been dislodged if there was a tussle with him getting her into the car. I think this is the most probable, because it didnt fall off anywhere else.

I don't think this is at all baffling, I think it's just the typical and normal affects of excess alcohol on a person's brain and senses and their ability to function, you wouldn't need to actually lose your keys to be unable to find them, and warming up a bit would make no difference.

I mentioned warming up a bit because they said hypothermia may have played a role in her decision making, so at this point I doubt she was hypothermic. As for normal, maybe, but the taxi driver described her as "alert" and you can certainly be drunk to the point of stumbling about but still be reasonably alert mentally. She never tried to enter her house at all yet the whole time she was telling everyone she wanted to go home. I don't think that is normal.

From the Hull Daily Mail trial coverage

Relowicz's account to police of what happened
Relowicz then claimed he had been driving Libby in his car while asking her for her address.

He said he ended up in Beresford Avenue and he thought that she was going to be sick and stopped his car by the playing fields where he could drive no further.

He claimed that when there, Libby got out of the car and he went to the toilet. He told police that when he got back she was crying and kneeling on the floor and walked away on the left hand side of Beresford Avenue where he assumed she lived.

Relowicz then claimed he went home, sat with his wife and had a bath. He said all of these events happened between 10pm and 11pm on January 31.

He said he only went out again later on to look for her, but could not see her.

Do we think the reporter got the times wrong or is this another total lie by PR having been caught out by cctv?

How does that square with his apparent admission to consensual sex inside the park??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member