UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forensics only found evidence of Libby having been in the front passenger seat of his car.
Wow I didn't know that. I'd have thought he'd have given it a thorough clean

Are they suggesting he was picked up on two cctv cameras? They say he was picked up on cctv entering the park then later refer specifically to the yeast factory. Anyone know if there is cctv on the entrances to the park as well?

Also wondered could he be on the Croda CCTV from later on. Not necessarily one of the 4 shown.

I wonder why the prosecution said he left the park alone after thd second visit? Unless they have clear CCTV I'm confused as to how they know that. PR could have bundled her in the boot and disposed of her on his third visit if he was quick. I forget what type of car he had or it it even had a boot. I just thought I'd throw that out there even though it seems unlikely. Moo.

Yes it had a boot cos that's where they found his hoard of stolen underwear and sex toys. They say the yeast factory CCTV shows both entering the park but only him leaving. Not sure about the later CCTV.

That picture is really good to get an idea of the river. It can come all the way up to where the line is on the iron bankings about a foot from the top. Alternatively ot can be much lower so much of the silt covered bed is exposed with a mere channel of water flowing in the middle. I often (covid aside) spend a lot of time by the river at different times through the day and it still amazes me the variation in water levels even now and just how fast those changes happen. We have seen too many young lives vanish to that river and be swept away, which is one of the reasons I was sure from the start it was the only place Libby could have possibly disappeared to.

When my child started at Hull they hadn't quite finished the new halls of residence so they put a load of them up in the town centre premier inn so daily crossing that river in the town. The uni made a huge thing about warning them all how dangerous it was, not to be deceived by it, not to go into it etc. Pity they weren't as diligent about flashers.

But as you say at lower tides a lot of it is exposed. and the Humber Estuary looks like a sandbank at low tide.

That's why I'm confused as to how it took so long to find her?

Wow I didn't know that. I'd have thought he'd have given it a thorough clean

Are they suggesting he was picked up on two cctv cameras? They say he was picked up on cctv entering the park then later refer specifically to the yeast factory. Anyone know if there is cctv on the entrances to the park as well?

Also wondered could he be on the Croda CCTV from later on. Not necessarily one of the 4 shown.

Yes it had a boot cos that's where they found his hoard of stolen underwear and sex toys. They say the yeast factory CCTV shows both entering the park but only him leaving. Not sure about the later CCTV.

When my child started at Hull they hadn't quite finished the new halls of residence so they put a load of them up in the town centre premier inn so daily crossing that river in the town. The uni made a huge thing about warning them all how dangerous it was, not to be deceived by it, not to go into it etc. Pity they weren't as diligent about flashers.

But as you say at lower tides a lot of it is exposed. and the Humber Estuary looks like a sandbank at low tide.

That's why I'm confused as to how it took so long to find her?

Just in terms of the sandbank comment, the Humber is one of the most treacherous waterways to navigate due to its currents constantly shifting the silt around, meaning the channels are constantly changing. Around spurn point, they have humber pilots, which are boats that help captains of bigger ships navigate the waterway into the ports. Sorry slightly OT, but an interesting point related to the one you raise. The Humber is pretty much a waterway like no other.

Just in terms of the sandbank comment, the Humber is one of the most treacherous waterways to navigate due to its currents constantly shifting the silt around, meaning the channels are constantly changing. Around spurn point, they have humber pilots, which are boats that help captains of bigger ships navigate the waterway into the ports. Sorry slightly OT, but an interesting point related to the one you raise. The Humber is pretty much a waterway like no other.
Wasn't she found close to Spurn Point? Child took us there on a visit and it was incredible. But looking at the map it is so lucky she was seen because it looks like it was as far as you could get before being washed out to sea

Yeah anything specific?

I'm personally mostly interested in timings between entrance and riverbank by the closest points and placement of cameras but would check out anything anyone would like clarity on.
That is what I was thinking. Maybe a pic at the entrance across the park to the river? It would be a nice visual for me. Like I was standing in that spot. And any cctv you see that would have caught PR arriving and leaving!! Also I am in the states and would like to add the area to my time zone and weather. What is the closest city I can search on my iPhone weather app. Hull does not show up. Thank you!!

That is what I was thinking. Maybe a pic at the entrance across the park to the river? It would be a nice visual for me. Like I was standing in that spot. And any cctv you see that would have caught PR arriving and leaving!! Also I am in the states and would like to add the area to my time zone and weather. What is the closest city I can search on my iPhone weather app. Hull does not show up. Thank you!!

try searching Kingston upon Hull, it may be listed that way

Can someone remind me if you drive via Clough Road, how far along Oak Rd could you drive before being stopped by the bollards and is this near an entrance?
I seem to recall Strontium coming across a padlocked barrier-style gate but either him or someone else had a conversation with a policeman who said it wasn’t locked on the night.

Can someone remind me if you drive via Clough Road, how far along Oak Rd could you drive before being stopped by the bollards and is this near an entrance?
I seem to recall Strontium coming across a padlocked barrier-style gate but either him or someone else had a conversation with a policeman who said it wasn’t locked on the night.

Not very far at all:

Google Maps

You're not near an entrance at that point. This is the same spot as the Croda CCTV footage. Oak Road is a road in name only - the majority of it is inaccessible to cars.

Not very far at all:

Google Maps

You're not near an entrance at that point. This is the same spot as the Croda CCTV footage. Oak Road is a road in name only - the majority of it is inaccessible to cars.
I always thought the area shown in the Croda CCTV was a longer distance. This shows how short of a walk/run/bicycle ride is compared to that video. I will say what I said in the original thread, no way would I walk there alone at night. I am also afraid of darkness outside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happy head