UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
16:25
Libby found laying in snow before 'straying into Relowicz's path'
Dashcam footage shown to the jury shows Libby laying on the pavement on Beverley Road.

Mr Wright said: "It is not long afterwards at 11.40pm that the two men on their way back from the darts match stopped to see if they could help Libby. They tried to help her for just short of ten minutes before driving away at 11.49pm.

"You will bear in mind that as these clips of Libby are playing , you know that the defendant was circling about in the area in his car with Libby now inadvertently straying into his path."

Pawel Relowicz on trial for murder of Hull student Libby Squire

I hope her family have been made aware of some of the evidence and possibly already viewed some of these clips as I cannot imagine just how painful this must be for them. My heart is breaking just reading this, as much as I like to know all the details, I have absolutely no desire to view the clips of Libby so vulnerable and distressed.

I think she trusted him because he was young. Because she desperately wanted to get home and wasn't capable of doing it alone. Because she had no other options. I wonder what he actually said to her, if that helped, if he managed to say something different to the others who'd approached her

I think this tragic case is a reminder that not all monsters look like monsters. It was really only a matter of time until PR's behaviour escalated to rape and murder given his previous convictions.

At libbys age I would have trusted a similar aged person over two older men too.

I think this tragic case is a reminder that not all monsters look like monsters. It was really only a matter of time until PR's behaviour escalated to rape and murder given his previous convictions.
At libbys age I would have trusted a similar aged person over two older men too.
It doesn't really sound as if she was in a fit state to make any distinction. Why not accept an offer of help from a woman?
I think PR just ignored any protestations or abuse.

It doesn't really sound as if she was in a fit state to make any distinction. Why not accept an offer of help from a woman?
I think PR just ignored any protestations or abuse.

You could be right cherwell , it looked like he 'helped' her in the car to some degree. Im just thinking if I was libby my guard would have been slightly down to a male of similar age.

Wonder how long PR’s predatory casings of the area had been going on for ? We know about the brazen exposing and breaking ins and so it seems logical for him to progress to stalking victims to attack, but I wonder how long it had been happening. Not that it makes any difference but the fact he was signed off ‘ill’, did that trigger something ? Going to the park pre-Libby indicates to me he was there looking for a victim, a lone female dog walker. I walk my boy at night, sometimes in quiet places because I don’t have a choice.

Seems he was dead set that night, and my heart absolutely breaks for Libby. I know she had become irritable/refusing help but how I wish someone had alerted police/ambulance, even if she was refusing to stay in the same place, from the descriptions - she was very intoxicated and more than likely hypothermic.. any patrols in the area could have looked or been on the look out ??

Libby was his perfect victim. Absolutely heartbreaking. So many interactions with Libby, so many chances and not one led to getting her home safely. And with a predator on the loose, the chances are reduced dramatically. I can’t quite comprehend it.

Last edited:
Seems he was dead set that night, and my heart absolutely breaks for Libby. I know she had become irritable/refusing help but how I wish someone had alerted police/ambulance, even if she was refusing to stay in the same place, from the descriptions - she was very intoxicated and more than likely hypothermic.. any patrols in the area could have looked or been on the look out ??

Libby was his perfect victim. Absolutely heartbreaking. So many interactions with Libby, so many chances and not one led to getting her home safely. And with a predator on the loose, the chances are reduced dramatically. I can’t quite comprehend it.

I'd like to think I would have called the police <modsnip: Not victim friendly>
I do think that 30 or 40 years ago, people would have been more pro-active in making sure she got home. Nowadays people are much more wary about getting involved, for fear of being accused of something, or even being scammed. It's a nasty world now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad LE figured PR was involved so quickly. I really feel with what we know of his previous activities that he would have done this to more young ladies. I have said this in a previous thread but the time he was watching a couple through their window during an intimate moment, he maintained eye contact with the girl while taking care of his business was chilling to me. IMO that was very telling. He is a psychopath. MOO, MOO, MOO
Psychopath: cold-hearted, calculating, callous, morally depraved. Carefully plan their moves, use aggression in a planned-out way to get what they want. Again MOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme