UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11:01
Relowicz has arrived
The defendant is now in the dock, flanked by three officers. He is wearing a navy blue suit, white shirt and navy blue tie. He is wearing is glasses and a grey face mask. He has confirmed is name to the judge, but it is difficult to gauge any emotion.

A polish interpreter will speak with him through an ear piece. The court has been told Relowicz can follow English well but the interpreter may be needed for legal terms.

Pawel Relowicz on trial for Libby Squire murder court updates

Where on earth has he got a suit from?

As many others, Libby’s case is what brought me to WS, although I just recently made an account. While it’s easy to see the “what if’s” and I obviously wish Libby was safe and sound with family, I firmly believe that even if she’d gotten help from someone else that night we’d just be sitting here reading about some other innocent girl that PR was on trial for raping and murdering. So sad and I pray that justice is served, whatever that may be.

As many others, Libby’s case is what brought me to WS, although I just recently made an account. While it’s easy to see the “what if’s” and I obviously wish Libby was safe and sound with family, I firmly believe that even if she’d gotten help from someone else that night we’d just be sitting here reading about some other innocent girl that PR was on trial for raping and murdering. So sad and I pray that justice is served, whatever that may be.

Same as so many here I was also brought to WS by this case. I followed the search for her on daily often minute to minute basis back then. I never got invested in any case like this before.
I am so sorry that this happened to Libby. My heart goes out to her family and loved ones. There are no words really...
Rearding PR, absolutely not a shadow of a doubt in my mind that he would have done this sooner or later to another victim had poor Libby not got into his clutches first. As many of you here I also find his previous offending and proven behaviours absolutely sinister...that guy was on a dark path for a long time and by the time he met poor Libby he had already crossed all the lines by then MOO

Wednesday, January 13th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ 10:30am UK) – UK – Liberty “Libby” Anna Squire (21) (last seen Jan. 31, 2019 outside Welly Club in Hull; found Mar. 20, 2019 from Grimsby Docks in the Humber Estuary) - *Pawel P. Relowicz (24/now 25) arrested (Feb. 6, 2019 on suspicion of abduction) officially charged (Oct. 30, 2019) with murder & rape. No plea entered yet. Not guilty plea entered on Jan. 12, 2021.
Trial set to begin on Jan. 11, 2021 moved to Jan. 12, 2021. Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Oliver Saxby QC for defense. Trial expected to last 6 weeks.
Was originally charged (18/3/19 & 10/5/19) with 5 counts of burglary, 4 counts of voyeurism, 3 counts of outraging public decency & 1 count of receiving stolen goods. On Aug. 12, 2019 plead guilty to 9 charges including voyeurism (4 counts), outraging public decency (2 counts) & burglary (3 counts). Relowicz jailed for eight & a half years.

Jan. 12th Day 1 of Trial: The defendant is now in the dock, flanked by three officers. He has confirmed is name to the judge. A polish interpreter will speak with him through an ear piece. The court has been told Relowicz can follow English well but the interpreter may be needed for legal terms. Relowicz has been led away from the dock & Mrs. Justice Lambert has risen after an issue with the necessary people being in the court room. They will return once the matter has been resolved. Relowicz has pleaded not guilty to the rape & murder of Libby. As they are being selected, Justice Lambert has told potential jurors that the trial could last up to five weeks. At 12:46pm: 12 members of the jury has been sworn in. Justice Lambert spoke to the jurors about their duties. After lunch: Richard Wright QC gave opening statements. The opening notes from prosecutor Wright QC have revealed a body was found by the skipper of a pleasure fishing boat angling off Spurn Point, off the Humber Estuary on March 20, 2019.
for the specifics of the opening statement - see posts on this page:
Found Deceased - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*
CCTV footage shown to the jurors.
Posts #1028, 1032, 1034, 1039 & 1040 here:
Found Deceased - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*
various posts here:
The trial has finished for today. The case will continue tomorrow, 1/13/21 at 10.30am.

Totally agree, maintaining eye contact was dominant and invasive. Some are questioning why she trusted him to go with him. It may not have been a conscious decision. I am not blaming her at all, I got into some situations when I was young after alcohol and not just a case of being 'a bit squiffy' but to the point where everything is distorted and you don't know where you are or who you're with. Thankfully I survived relatively unscathed. Incapacitated can mean just that, you don't know what's going on and can't make rational decisions. As a small female myself, I know that stage can be reached much sooner than for a man. It's just very sad that a person like the defendant was able to continue his criminality to the point where he picked her up that night.
To drunk I'd add hypothermic. That would also seriously impact on her decision making. It was minus 5 and she was dressed to be in a warm club.

If she'd already turned down offers of help it could be possible that she didn't trust him but that he didn't take notice of her protests unlike the others

Me too because my child was a student in Hull and because her friends were the ones he'd stolen from days before. Its heartbreaking

I agree with you that the more we heard about him initially the more I thought he was ready to move on and Libby was just his unlucky first victim.

The fact it sounds like he was prowling around that night and had already been to park before Libby had even left the house is chilling.

Only now catching up. Poor Libby :( and I have to say when I was a teenager I got quite drunk on numerous occasions, once I had been out drinking with friends and I had gotten to the stage Libby was in, stumbling about etc. My friends put me in a taxi but once home I couldn't find my keys! I ended up sleeping in my front garden all night (not one of my most proud moments) but my keys were in my bag the whole time! I was just too drunk and disoriented to find them! I shudder when I think about it now.

There are many what ifs in this case but from the sounds of things I don't think anyone could of helped poor Libby. She wasn't in a position to make any rational decisions and sadly I feel she was on a collision course with PR from the moment she started drinking that night. He was clearly on the prowl for a victim and it was a case of wrong place wrong time.

10:29
Pawel Relowicz trial - Day 2
Day two of the murder trial of Pawel Relowicz who is accused of raping and murdering student Libby Squire in Hull in 2019. You can find a recap on the evidence from the first day.

The trial is being held at Sheffield Crown Court and the first witnesses are expected today after the prosecution finishes its opening remarks.

Pawel Relowicz on trial for murder of Hull student Libby Squire

I cannot believe it has almost been 2 years since this tragic event happened. I frequently drive by Libby’s bench and everytime I do I just feel so sad for her & her family and friends. Smart move by the prosecution outlining how intoxicated she was. There’s no way the defence can state the pair had consensual sex as there’s so much evidence that suggests Libby was so intoxicated and therefore unable to give consent. Graphic question but I’m wondering how the Police determined she was raped given how long she had spent in water before she was found? Also how do they prove he killed her then dumped her in water vs. had “consensual sex” then she fell into the water herself. Always played on my mind.

I cannot believe it has almost been 2 years since this tragic event happened. I frequently drive by Libby’s bench and everytime I do I just feel so sad for her & her family and friends. Smart move by the prosecution outlining how intoxicated she was. There’s no way the defence can state the pair had consensual sex as there’s so much evidence that suggests Libby was so intoxicated and therefore unable to give consent. Graphic question but I’m wondering how the Police determined she was raped given how long she had spent in water before she was found? Also how do they prove he killed her then dumped her in water vs. had “consensual sex” then she fell into the water herself. Always played on my mind.

I don't think they can, because whereas the rest of the movements captured on CCTV or relayed by witnesses are stated as fact, the wording changes to 'we would invite you to conclude that he raped and murdered her there and put her, dead or dying, into the water'.

Very rarely is the final act witnessed by person or camera, but the reasonable conclusion is that based on the evidence that she was too intoxicated to consent, she was raped, and based on the fact that she was alive when last seen with him, he murdered her. There is a chance that she may have fallen in the river, but I still believe he caused her death because he took her from a busy area near her home where people were trying to help, to a completely solitary area

10:55
Evidence is underway
The jury is about to be shown three clips of CCTV from from the area where Libby was was last seen. They show the “coincidental” arrival of another vehicle that lead prosecutor Richard Wright QC says has nothing to do with Libby or Relowicz.

The Renault Scenic can apparently be seen on CCTV arriving on Haworth Street “at the time the defendant was sitting in his car and Libby was just around the corner on Beverley Road.”

I agree and this is most on my mind also ...proving assault and that she didn't run and end up in the water accidently
I'm hoping she did give up evidence after all this time in the water ...hoping that this is the late evidence that led to him finally being arrested
Otherwise the defence could play on him frightening her and her running into the dark

11:05
Moment Relowicz 'stalks and intercepts Libby' on Beverley Road
Just before Relowicz’s and Libby’s paths crossed the Renault Scenic was captured on CCTV arriving on Haworth Street as Relowicz is sat in his car.

The jury is being shown some CCTV footage which begins at 11.57pm on January 31 and shows Relowicz leaving his car and walking into Beverley Road, past Libby – although he appears to ignore her – and into Beresford Avenue.

Mr Wright has told the jury: “He hadn’t gone down there but he had got Libby in his sights. He hugged the wall on the right-hand side of the road in the shadows and effectively stalks her. She’s on the left, he’s on the right-hand side, tracking her progress up the road.

“We will see that when Libby gets to the entrance of the Endsleigh Centre, at that point he darts across the road and intercepts her and they appear to go into the grounds of the centre for some time.

“They then re-emerge and walk back down Beverley Road towards the junction with Haworth Street and towards his car.”

11:08Jamie Macaskill
Where Relowicz first 'intercepted' Libby
34803024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors