UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11:09
Relowicz ‘bided his time’ until Renault Scenic left scene
A second clip, timed at 12.03am on February 1 is now being shown to the jury.

Mr Wright has told the jury it appears Relowicz has left Libby and footage shows him sat in the driver’s seat of his Astra with his legs on the pavement close to a yard on Haworth Street.

At around 12.06am on the CCTV, the Renault Scenic that had arrived at the end of Haworth Street earlier on drove away.

Soon after, Relowicz left his car and walked back to Libby who was still standing on Beverley Road.

Mr Wright has invited the jury to conclude that Relowicz was “biding his time” and waiting until the Renault Scenic had left the scene.

Pawel Relowicz on trial for murder of Hull student Libby Squire

Libby gets into Relowicz's car says prosecution but 'unclear if forced or persuaded'
The jury is shown enhanced CCTV that shows what happened between Relowicz and Libby after the Renault Scenic leaves Haworth Street.

Mr Wright says the footage shows “several seconds where there was some toing and froing which culminated in her entering his car from the passenger side.”

The court has been told it is not possible to see how Libby got into the car – but Relowicz can be seen standing on the passenger side of the car with her at the time.

Mr Wright said: “Whether Libby was forced into the vehicle, an act that we would suggest would not have been difficult given her condition at this point, or whether she was persuaded to enter it on the promise of some assistance being rendered to her may not be clear from the CCTV footage.”

Walking along Haworth Street still turns my stomach.

For those unfamiliar with the area, the grounds of the Endsleigh Centre are large and hidden from the main road by a high wall. There's lots of trees and bushes. You can go some way inside via Streetview:

Google Maps

To drunk I'd add hypothermic. That would also seriously impact on her decision making. It was minus 5 and she was dressed to be in a warm club.

If she'd already turned down offers of help it could be possible that she didn't trust him but that he didn't take notice of her protests unlike the others
I'm just wondering if Libby recognised P from a local gym/shop or something, since they lived quite close to each other? They may have been on nodding terms? That's why she trusted him enough to get in his car?

11:28
A still from the CCTV shown to the jury

2_Libby-Squire-ITV-CCTV-THUMBNAIL-5.jpg

11:30
'Libby's watch found where she had got into Relowicz's car'
Soon after Libby disappeared a member of the public found a gold digital watch on Haworth Street.

The watch - which had a damaged clasp - was recovered by police and was identified by Libby’s mother Lisa as hers.

Mr Wright said that “something had caused her to lose it at about the very point on Haworth Street that she had entered the defendant’s vehicle.”

The jury are being shown photographs of the watch.

I really can’t imagine it. From my own experiences as a student “locals and “students” move in completely different circles with little interaction. I couldn’t tell you any of my neighbours names when I was a student and don’t recall ever chatting to a local in a club/bar/shop, etc. IMO she probably started to feel the cold quite intensely, her knees were hurting, she began to realise she’d been stupid to turn down help from strangers as she wasn’t getting any closer to home on her own. All these realisations happened at the same time PR was lurking about. Likely she had little energy to start refusing help all over again so she accepted.

I'm just wondering if Libby recognised P from a local gym/shop or something, since they lived quite close to each other? They may have been on nodding terms? That's why she trusted him enough to get in his car?
I really can’t imagine it. From my own experiences as a student “locals and “students” move in completely different circles with little interaction. I couldn’t tell you any of my neighbours names when I was a student and don’t recall ever chatting to a local in a club/bar/shop, etc. IMO she probably started to feel the cold quite intensely, her knees were hurting, she began to realise she’d been stupid to turn down help from strangers as she wasn’t getting any closer to home on her own. All these realisations happened at the same time PR was lurking about. Likely she had little energy to start refusing help all over again so she accepted.

I'd like to think I would have called the police <modsnip: Not victim friendly>
I do think that 30 or 40 years ago, people would have been more pro-active in making sure she got home. Nowadays people are much more wary about getting involved, for fear of being accused of something, or even being scammed. It's a nasty world now.

Sadly I have to disagree.
My main sticking point in the James Bulger case, which was 28 years ago, is that SO many adults saw them, were even told by Venables & Thompson that they'd found him and even seeing James with a head injury - adults did nothing.

I absolutely do not lay blame with any witnesses in James's case or Libbys or any other BUT, it takes no effort these days to get a phone from your pocket, bag etc and call police or ambulance or someone for help.

I've done it many times, I've even stayed and waited keeping an eye on someone who's vulnerable until I knew they were safe.

The trouble is that 30 years ago or today, people either don't think or just don't want to 'get involved.

10:55
Evidence is underway
The jury is about to be shown three clips of CCTV from from the area where Libby was was last seen. They show the “coincidental” arrival of another vehicle that lead prosecutor Richard Wright QC says has nothing to do with Libby or Relowicz.

The Renault Scenic can apparently be seen on CCTV arriving on Haworth Street “at the time the defendant was sitting in his car and Libby was just around the corner on Beverley Road.”

The one we saw drive away in the footage

What stands out to me this morning, he tracked her movements from across the road until she reached the entrance to the endsleigh centre, she was attempting to make her way back home now in my mind. It makes it even more awful she wasn't sitting on the bench she was heading back in the direction of home, of safety.
I said it looked like rocking motions on spider cam, like a tooing and froing, no doubt in my mind he forced her into that car, broken watch just adds weight. The absolute murderous bustard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme