UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the sequence of events here is:
1 screaming stops
2 Mr A goes to toilet
3 Mr A returns & looks out for a few minutes
4 fast walking man appears

It seems to me that 2 & 3 provide the time window for PR to drag his silenced victim into the water.
ETA: I'm also struck by Mr A's remarks that there was a full moon & good visibility. This makes it even less likely that Libby would have accidentally stumbled into the water - if she'd been able to run, she wouldn't have been running blindly into darkness.

BBM - and a ground cover of snow which illuminates significantly too. At first I was imagining a 'can't see your hand in front of your face' darkness but, it would seem that that wasn't the case.

Regarding the car clean on February 1st. Could there have been riverbank mud embedded in his floor mat? Seems to me he changed his trousers between his Haworth St cctv and later Newland Avenue cctv footage.

Did he change his footwear as well? Difficult to see on spidercam.

I don’t think he was trying to help her either, sadly I think if you removed him from the situation, it still wouldn’t have been a good result that night- I had a friend who walked from her home and kids and sat by a tree in the UK who passed away from hypothermia(she was found the following day by SAR).
That's still not a reason to rape and murder someone.

We ... I mean, the jury ... don't have to imagine ANY scenario that might render him innocent of murder - we/they just have to decide what is believable.

Is it believable that Libby was raped and murdered? (I'd say yes).

Is it believable that Libby ended up dead, in the water under her own steam after being raped by a predatory sex offender but, didn't drown? (I would without hesitation say No)

IF her dead body was found in the park the next day I could maybe believe it was manslaughter not murder - if he'd raped her and left and she had died of Hypothermia there - he'd still be responsible for her death but maybe not 'murder'
For me it is believable she was raped but not so obvious she was murdered
In my opinion it is very believable she ended in the river on her own(not jumped in the river like someone suggested before but simply fell into it)
She was very drunk and disoriented, she couldn't even find her own home on the street with lights so why you think it is impossible she walked in wrong direction on the dark field
It is possible that she passed out during rape and after he gone she woke up and walked in wrong direction still drunk and hypodermic
I don't belive he planned any murder his behaviour after was too chaotic ,is difficult to belive he was studied river tide time to disposed her body (for me it is just big imagination people from this forum)
It is simple bloke not sophisticated murder it was opportunity crime
And he probably would rape again if he would go away with this rape but I'm not sure if he murder her and I hope judges will have doubts too.

In my opinion it is very believable she ended in the river on her own(not jumped in the river like someone suggested before but simply fell into it)
She was very drunk and disoriented, she couldn't even find her own home on the street with lights so why you think it is impossible she walked in wrong direction on the dark field
It is possible that she passed out during rape and after he gone she woke up and walked in wrong direction still drunk and hypodermic
I don't belive he planned any murder his behaviour after was too chaotic ,is difficult to belive he was studied river tide time to disposed her body (for me it is just big imagination people from this forum)
And he probably would rape again if he would go away with this rape but I'm not sure if he murder her and I hope judges will have doubts too.
PR was into fishing. He'd know about tides and suchlike. I'm not sure what you mean by 'chaotic' but his actions seem pretty considered to me. Libby was allegedly wanting her mother, so it's possible that she had it in her head that she didn't want to go back to her student house, but to her mum's, and in her head, that's where she was determined she was heading. Didn't PR say (or another witness) that she was trying to thumb a lift? I think she knew how to get back to her student house, but that wasn't her goal. He may have told her he'd take her to her mum's. He certainly succeeded, where many others had failed, to gain her trust enough to get her into his car without too much of a fuss, it seems. I don't think he's simple at all. I think he's cunning and manipulative.

I must admit I struggle to see why anyone would have doubts. I'm not sure what you mean by an opportunity murder. If you commit an violent act knowing death is an outcome that is murder.

You don't have to have plans. But actually he did. He found a park with a tidal river which he checked out thoroughly in the preceding days and that evening. He could have raped and left her anywhere.

He didn't drive randomly past her on his way to Tesco's he drove past whilst prowling round a student area which he'd already got details of. A ready source of young women. He stalked her.

Any reasonable person would look at the evidence and think it beyond all reasonable doubt that she died at his hands.

He was a dangerous sexual predator that has been terrifying women for years and whose behaviour is escalating.

Gets details of student housing. Prowls that area. Stalks her. Takes her to the park he's studied which just so happens to have a convenient river close to the North Sea despite other sites being available.

Witnesses hear screams after CCTV shows him arriving. A Witness notes screams stop. That witness sees someone matching his description leaving minutes after those screams stop.

An expert in the field suggests that whilst he cannot completely rule out drowning it would NOT be his likely cause of death. That expert suggests as best he can that subtle asphyxiation is his most likely cause of death tho it cannot be proved conclusively

After the event PR returns to the dark lonely park at high tide. Why?

After that return he again prowls the student area and commits another less serious crime.

She on the other hand can barely walk in a straight line and has been raped which is a violent act. Gets up and instead of wandering flatish path towards housing chooses less favourable terrain to get thru reeds and into a muddy river? Avoiding in the process a large pond that doesn't go into the sea

Nor reasonable at all IMO.

Last edited:
I must admit I struggle to see why anyone would have doubts. I'm not sure what you mean by an opportunity murder. If you commit an violent act knowing death is an outcome that is murder.

You don't have to have plans. But actually he did. He found a park with a tidal river which he checked out thoroughly in the preceding days and that evening. He could have raped and left her anywhere.

He didn't drive randomly past her on his way to Tesco's he drove past whilst prowling round a student area which he'd already got details of. A ready source of young women. He stalked her.

Any reasonable person would look at the evidence and think it beyond all reasonable doubt that she died at his hands.

He was a dangerous sexual predator that has been terrifying women for years and whose behaviour is escalating.

Gets details of student housing. Prowls that area. Stalks her. Takes her to the park he's studied which just so happens to have a convenient river close to the North Sea despite other sites being available.

Witnesses hear screams after CCTV shows him arriving. A Witness notes screams stop. That witness sees someone matching his description leaving minutes after those screams stop.

An expert in the field suggests that whilst he cannot completely rule out drowning it would NOT be his likely cause of death. That expert suggests as best he can that subtle asphyxiation is his most likely cause of death tho it cannot be proved conclusively

After the event PR returns to the dark lonely park at high tide. Why?

After that return he again prowls the student area and commits another less serious crime.

She on the other hand can barely walk in a straight line and has been raped which is a violent act. Gets up and instead of wandering flatish path towards housing chooses less favourable terrain to get thru reeds and into a muddy river? Avoiding in the process a large pond that doesn't go into the sea

Nor reasonable at all IMO.
I said opportunity crime not murder
"A crime of opportunity is a crime that is committed without planning when the perpetrator sees that they have the chance to commit the act at that moment and seizes it. Such acts have little or no premeditation."
Thats what I'm thinking saying opportunity crime
In my opinion he didnt plan rape her and kill her
And to make it clear I'm not defending him
I just think if I would be in his shoes(prosecuted for murder) I would like to judges base they verdict on facts( evidence) not they imagination and at the moment there is not knowing what cause her death(no deadly injures)and time they spend together on the field was very short. In my opinion too short for rape ,killing and disposing body
Thats all
Maybe I change my opinion when new facts appears but at the moment I'm not 100% sure he murder her

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member