UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you once again for the updates.

It sounded like poor Libby was in a real state that night. It makes me so sad to read about how she was screaming and crying and that she wanted her mum. She must have been so frightened and confused, trying to get home but not being able to find her way in the dark.

I’m sure it’s difficult for the people who encountered her and tried to help. They weren’t to know such an awful thing would happen. Still, I wish one of them had thought to call an ambulance to a young woman so clearly in distress and vulnerable. Reading about her lying in the snow...that isn’t normal behaviour and it wouldn’t have been over the top to call the emergency services in that situation. It could have been a much different outcome.

I’m not sure if it has been mentioned but I’d be interested to know if PR had committed any sexual offences in Poland. This behaviour doesn’t just appear out of nowhere.

I think he moved to the UK in 2012
Ah ok thankyou! So that would of made him around 17 the last time he was in poland. Perhaps too young to have committed many offences there yet. Often these offenders start off doing small stuff like stealing, then it progresses onto more and more. Which is why it always amazes me that police don't take flashing too seriously because surely it is a red flag that they will progress to commit more serious crimes. Someone mentioned earlier he stalked one girl for 18 months! And even followed her after she moved! I'd be furious if I was Libbys family to find that out.

Thank you once again for the updates.

It sounded like poor Libby was in a real state that night. It makes me so sad to read about how she was screaming and crying and that she wanted her mum. She must have been so frightened and confused, trying to get home but not being able to find her way in the dark.

I’m sure it’s difficult for the people who encountered her and tried to help. They weren’t to know such an awful thing would happen. Still, I wish one of them had thought to call an ambulance to a young woman so clearly in distress and vulnerable. Reading about her lying in the snow...that isn’t normal behaviour and it wouldn’t have been over the top to call the emergency services in that situation. It could have been a much different outcome.

I’m not sure if it has been mentioned but I’d be interested to know if PR had committed any sexual offences in Poland. This behaviour doesn’t just appear out of nowhere.
his mother in interview to uk newspaper said he moved to uk in 2012 so 7 years prior this crime happened, he was then 17-18? he didn't have any convictions in Poland apparently was good boy very religious and afraid of blood ,that's what his mother said but of course she couldn't know about his sexual deviations ,I think nobody knows (friends ,wife ,siblings , it is not what people share with family )

his mother in interview to uk newspaper said he moved to uk in 2012 so 7 years prior this crime happened, he was then 17-18? he didn't have any convictions in Poland apparently was good boy very religious and afraid of blood ,that's what his mother said but of course she couldn't know about his sexual deviations ,I think nobody knows (friends ,wife ,siblings , it is not what people share with family )
She came across as genuinely shocked and in disbelief in the pictures and interview

Hi all, I’m catching up backwards and grateful for all the court updates today, thank you!

I’ve also read a couple of news reports. One thing is confusing me - why has it been mentioned in court that PR went to a McDonalds the night before, on 30th? Just wondering what relevance that has to events of 31st/1st. Perhaps I’ve missed something.

Also glad to hear Libby’s family got her gold watch back. It’s something, at least, that wasn’t lost forever.

Hi all, I’m catching up backwards and grateful for all the court updates today, thank you!

I’ve also read a couple of news reports. One thing is confusing me - why has it been mentioned in court that PR went to a McDonalds the night before, on 30th? Just wondering what relevance that has to events of 31st/1st. Perhaps I’ve missed something.

Also glad to hear Libby’s family got her gold watch back. It’s something, at least, that wasn’t lost forever.
It was to show he was the driver of that car. Presumably they have footage of the car on the 31st which doesn't identify him as the driver.

I wondered if it was just to establish that it was definitely him using that car during those days?

I've been wondering the same.

Edited - mis remembered some detail. It was def about the car, checked back last thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Everyone needs to read The Rules that you've all agreed to upon joining Websleuths, including

Rumors are NOT allowed.

Acknowledging that something is a violation of TOS and then proceeding to discuss it anyway is not allowed.

I think the maccy ds cctv will identify him as the driver and not someone else. I guess it gives a good picture too of how long he was cruising for.

A ten foot or ‘tenny’ is more of a wide alley way. Normally I between two streets. I grew up playing in my tenny. I’d walk out of my back garden into tenny and my friends living in the next street would go out of their back gardens and we’d all meet up in tenfoot. nice to see it’s used in Scunny too :D

winder what he did and where he was in those missing 50 minutes when he wasn’t picked up on cctv after sculcoates lane?

Tuesday, January 19th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) (@ 10:30am UK) – UK – Liberty “Libby” Anna Squire (21) (last seen Jan. 31, 2019 outside Welly Club in Hull; found Mar. 20, 2019 from Grimsby Docks in the Humber Estuary) - *Pawel P. Relowicz (24/now 25) arrested (Feb. 6, 2019 on suspicion of abduction) officially charged (Oct. 30, 2019) with murder & rape. No plea entered yet. Not guilty plea entered on Jan. 12, 2021.
Trial began on Jan. 12, 2021. Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Oliver Saxby QC for defense. Trial expected to last 6 weeks. Jury: 5 men & 7 women.
Was originally charged (18/3/19 & 10/5/19) with 5 counts of burglary, 4 counts of voyeurism, 3 counts of outraging public decency & 1 count of receiving stolen goods. On Aug. 12, 2019 plead guilty to 9 charges including voyeurism (4 counts), outraging public decency (2 counts) & burglary (3 counts). Relowicz jailed for eight & a half years.

Trial Day 1-2 (12/1 - 15/1/21) reference post #820 here:
UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

Jan. 18th Monday, Trial Day 3: Monday morning & are resuming Day 3 of the trial. Justice Lambert is sitting at Sheffield Crown Court. Relowicz is in the dock accompanied by three dock officers. The jury has been called up. Outlined evidence about Libby's state-of-mind/her history of mental health issues as "agreed facts". (post #838) & Libby had struggled with her mental health since 2013 and there were notes on her medical records about self-harm and suicidal thoughts (post #840) here:
UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18
Statements from flat mates & friends presented to jury (post #841); read the statement of Amelia Cummins, who lived with Libby (#842-845); Libby had 'bottle of wine and a vodka & coke (#846); Moment Libby refused entry to Welly (#848); Image from night Libby vanished taken from near the Welly (#849); Moment friends realised Libby was missing (@ 00.13am/police called @ 2:21am (#850-851). Statement from Chloe Wise, Libby’s flatmate (#854 & 858). Statement by Libby's friend Nathan Murphy, they met on the Hull University philosophy course (#859 & 860) here:
Nathan Murphy statements continued (#863); statements from three men who saw Libby being dropped on Wellesley Avenue by taxi when she returned from the Welly. Leon Caplin (#872); Jorge Thompson (#875); Oliver Prince (#876). Hannah Wright (woman who hear Libby crying in street & went to help) (#878 & 879) here:
Libby's key recovered from neighbour's garden: Richard Wright QC told the jury that close to 7:30pm on Feb. 1, a police officer recovered a key from the garden where Hannah lived. The key was later tried on Libby’s home, which opened the door.
Statement from Beth Green, a student at the University of Hull had been drinking at the Haworth Arms when she saw Libby. (#881); witness Lorna Allen: Libby was 'lying on the floor crying and screaming at the bus stop at Haworth Street just before midnight (#883); Roland Jacobs was on his way home from a darts match with his friend Alan Jones when they came across Libby on Beverley Road. They were travelling in a silver Picasso (#887 & #890) here:
Alan Jones (#913); Joshua Scott, a student, said he was walking on Beverley Road at around 11.30pm when he saw Libby with 2 men trying to help her (#916); Matthew Handisides, who saw Libby before she vanished; was working as the duty manager at the Sainsbury’s store on Beverley Road on Jan. 31, 2019; says he saw Libby near to the bus stop on Beverley Road & heard her shouting to a car turning in the dead end of Haworth Street, ‘Don’t leave me!; says it had got to around 12:03am on Feb. 1 (#918 & #920) here:
Mr. Handisides statement continued (#927); Bridget Faulkener found Libby's watch (#929); jury handed the watch that was found.
Detective Constable James Grandidge; DC Grandidge was tasked with recovering & analysing CCTV for the case (#942); The jury was shown a map which shows the location of the CCTV cameras for which footage is relevant to the case. Relowicz's jeans allowed police to track him in later footage (#950); Jury shown clips from footage from Jan. 30 & from Jan.31. Also CCTV shown Relowicz's first trip to Oak Road playing fields that evening (#955 & 958) here:
The jury was shown CCTV showing Relowicz leaving Oak Road Playing fields, back onto Beresford Avenue & Beverley Road to Sculcoates Lane at around 9:30pm (#967) here:
Trial continues on Tuesday, 1/19/21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member