Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was assumed LB went up by WA but she could have accessed via Peel Park, they wouldn't know which way she went. I guess what the defence is getting at is would also mean that other people could have entered and exited via Peel Park and they wouldn't necessarily know... Who and when
I thought it said she was on Burnley road and not seen past Peel Park Avenue, so that would mean she would walk up it?

1:00pm

David McLachlan QC said the prosecution have nearly completed their case.

The court has been adjourned until 2pm, but it is believed no evidence will be heard this afternoon.

As the trial is not sitting tomorrow (Friday) the jury have been sent away until Monday when proceedings will resume at 10.30am.

Live from court: Murder trial of Huncoat mum-of-two enters day seven

No evidence? No Jury? - Why are they reconvening then?

I think it was assumed LB went up by WA but she could have accessed via Peel Park, they wouldn't know which way she went. I guess what the defence is getting at is would also mean that other people could have entered and exited via Peel Park and they wouldn't necessarily know... Who and when
I thought it said she was on Burnley road and not seen past Peel Park Avenue, so that would mean she would walk up it?

I doubt they can report anything this afternoon then if the jury isn't there. Maybe the reports are muddled and old info about the jury coming back on Monday should have been changed.

Snipped from earlier reporting above

Mr McLachlan is instructing the jury to refer to their timelines in reference to the interviews which took place on those days, and who was present at the interview stage

I wonder why that is significant ?

I just had a look back to the first hearing in September and he was charged with body disposal. Given his prepared statement he has to have pleaded guilty to that charge, so imo he will be sentenced for it after the trial on the murder charge.

Found Deceased - UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

moo
Public and Press can't witness, but i'm unsure why?
Usually questions as to the law are discussed, also sometimes if an alternative charge is going to be offered.

I wonder if they tested/matched the soil in the knife box. I don't think anything about the knife has been reported except in so far as there were no knife wounds on the body and her trainers were cut up. But nothing about whether it was that knife.
I can only imagine that they would have done that
But to be frank, I just don’t know with this case and I don’t want to say too much for fear of being given TO

This trial is blagging my head abit now...I can't see how he could go down for murder with hardly any evidence saying he did it...it's a strange one.

Can someone please explain who the prosecution and defense are please and who is representing who...my brain not working

This trial is blagging my head abit now...I can't see how he could go down for murder with hardly any evidence saying he did it...it's a strange one.

Can someone please explain who the prosecution and defense are please and who is representing who...my brain not working
prosecution is the crown - they are there to prove the charges against him
defence is working on behalf of the accused - the defendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!