Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think one of the tabloids would release his name?

Just curious.

No, they know better than that. They've been in this situation before and would likely wait until a conviction until requesting that the judge allow the name to be made public. But even with a conviction the judge may choose to keep the name private.

I would say it's extremely unlikely, though not impossible, that the name would be released before a conviction.

I was just thinking that if this is trash bin guy, he had booties over his shoes like sub contractors wear while doing work in a house. So maybe he was just doing construction nearby & had materials in the bin?

However I feel like LE must have more on him because they flat out called him a suspect and arrested him instead of calling him a POI and picked him up for questioning. Seems like they have something on him.

Do we even know if trash bin guy is the one they arrested?

I was just thinking that if this is trash bin guy, he had booties over his shoes like sub contractors wear while doing work in a house. So maybe he was just doing construction nearby & had materials in the bin?

However I feel like LE must have more on him because they flat out called him a suspect and arrested him instead of calling him a POI and picked him up for questioning. Seems like they have something on him.

Do we even know if trash bin guy is the one they arrested?

Can't imagine it's not him. He looks the right age. They must have a lot more than just a video of him with a bin to arrest him for her murder.

Can't imagine it's not him. He looks the right age. They must have a lot more than just a video of him with a bin to arrest him for her murder.

Not necessarily. UK police only need suspicion for an arrest. A blue wheelie bin was found near the body and he's caught on cctv pulling a blue wheelie bin in that direction. I'd say that's suspicion enough.

How long to HO pathologists usually take to release PM results?
In my experience, I would be in attendance at the HO PM and the HO Pathologist would tell me his or her findings and what they believed happened if it’s apparent. Sometimes you have to wait for toxicology because it’s really not known but that isn’t usually the case in a murder because the cause of death is usually apparent. However, their written report takes weeks and weeks. Whenever a HOPM is performed the SIO (my role) would be in attendance throughout alongside a forensic photographer and a Detective to take evidence exhibits and a Detective to write down everything that the pathologist states.

I wouldn't be surprised if more arrests follow shortly.

It wouldn't surprise me either. If it was indeed Lindsay in the wheelie bin on 17 August then where has a 16 year-old hidden a body for 5 days? They wouldn't own a car or a property so surely they would have had some help concealing the body for a few days?

On the CCTV footage trash bin guy appears to be pulling the bin from the direction of Huncoat - would it be possible that the blue bin came from the same area that Lindsay lived in?

No, they know better than that. They've been in this situation before and would likely wait until a conviction until requesting that the judge allow the name to be made public. But even with a conviction the judge may choose to keep the name private.

I would say it's extremely unlikely, though not impossible, that the name would be released before a conviction.
We here at WS will know his name for sure. We will not say it, but we will know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member