Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my goodness! That could have been the only cctv that would show wether or not he passed the cemetry gates with or without the bin :/

I have been trying to find when the cctv of her was first posted but it appears to have been removed, I can only find stills and earliest being 16th, the day before the lad was seen with the bin.

Maybe this is what spooked him into moving the body, assuming it was moved, if he knew he would be on the cctv prior to her passing it.

JMO

CCTV of Lindsay was first made public on Wednesday 14 August.

Latest updates as a memorial service is held at St Margaret's Church, Hapton, in remembrance of Lindsay

Lindsay Birbeck investigation: Boy, 16, charged with murder

19:42
Service underway
A special memorial church service for Lindsay is underway at St Margaret’s Church, Hapton.

The family of the mum-of-two have said the whole community is welcome.

Which is why I questioned why anybody would want to risk their own safety over a piece of metal.

I think the question which we haven't had a clear answer to is whether the arrested 16 year old was known to the victim or family and if so in what context and to what extent.

It seems very unlikely that you'd end up strangled possibly cut up and stuffed in a bin over a disagreement about metal street objects. there has to be something more to this than a random opportunistic attack, and our first clue to this is the multiple times the police have asked locals not to speculate..

I agree that its unlikely imo to be down to her telling him off or threatening to phone police ..often theseclads who go round stealing metal etc are more likely to laugh in the face of authority.
It's not impossible if he has severe anger issues or some type of mental health problems though

yeah i don't believe she caught him doing something he shouldn't either

he's just murdered her, why would he care about committing low level crime....he's arrogant, full of teen spirit, or at least he was. thats what i feel anyway

there will be a whole lot more to this, much more than scrap metal.

Rev Jones said: “We come together as a community with a deep sense of shock and sadness at the taking of the life of Lindsay Birbeck

“For many years, Lindsay’s home was just a few yards away from, this church and she worked as a teaching assistant over the road at Hapton School.

Community mourns Lindsay Birbeck at special church service

Lyndsay’s husband Tim thanked the community for the support and for attending the service.

Which is why I questioned why anybody would want to risk their own safety over a piece of metal.

I think the question which we haven't had a clear answer to is whether the arrested 16 year old was known to the victim or family and if so in what context and to what extent.

It seems very unlikely that you'd end up strangled possibly cut up and stuffed in a bin over a disagreement about metal street objects. there has to be something more to this than a random opportunistic attack, and our first clue to this is the multiple times the police have asked locals not to speculate..
It might seem unlikely to you, but it has happened, many many times before across other cases. If the young suspect is the only person charged then I really can't see it being anything but a random opportunistic attack.

From what I understand you cannot be bailed on a murder charge

When the police charge for murder then bail is not an option. They are remanded in police custody to be brought before the next available Magistrates Court.

They can then be bailed from the Magistrates Court. It does happen sometimes, albeit quite rare.

Are you from the United Kingdom? Because traveller and gypsy are interchangeable and synonymous here in Accrington. They both mean the same thing.
Yes, Lancaster. Gypsies originated in India. Travellers are often Irish. There’s no ancestry between the two. We have quite a lot of travellers and settled travellers in our community here. My great grandparents were Romany Gypsies.

I would and have. The main road is not too far away. Maybe LB was as fed up as many of us in Huncoat regarding the theft of metal objects from private property. I have witnessed first hand how these people operate and how they consider themselves above the law. Violence as a first resort is the norm, whether verbal or physical. One mention of contacting the police to report them quickly escalates the situation. Again, first hand experience.

If violence is normally the first resort, then the reasonable thing to do wouldn't be to personally intervene but note a description of the offender and what they're doing and when, and report it. I wouldn't tell them I was reporting them.

Yes, Lancaster. Gypsies originated in India. Travellers are often Irish. There’s no ancestry between the two. We have quite a lot of travellers and settled travellers in our community here. My great grandparents were Romany Gypsies.

I'm not from the UK, just the Internet, and given it's not acceptable to call people gypsies anymore, I think traveller has become a de facto PC-acceptable term. It would be interesting to find out that accuracy has been exchanged for political correctness. Is Romany an acceptable word to use instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay