Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all JMO, but I am struggling to see why her body would have been taken away from the area between Burnley Rd and the COPPICE (making the assumption that was where the crime occurred), along a busy road and then left in a relatively busy, public area, the cemetery.

I don't know the area, but looking on Google Maps, there look to be some overgrown and isolated bits of land, and possibly a fishing pond of some sort, which I would have thought more 'suitable'. Unless the area has a definite tie to the perpetrator(s) and they were trying to avoid this. MOO.

This is what I can't get my head around either

This is all JMO, but I am struggling to see why her body would have been taken away from the area between Burnley Rd and the COPPICE (making the assumption that was where the crime occurred), along a busy road and then left in a relatively busy, public area, the cemetery.

I don't know the area, but looking on Google Maps, there look to be some overgrown and isolated bits of land, and possibly a fishing pond of some sort, which I would have thought more 'suitable'. Unless the area has a definite tie to the perpetrator(s) and they were trying to avoid this. MOO.

JMO of course but maybe the extensive searches in and around the coppice area by the local community had him spooked and being too young at 16 to drive and with limited options he decided that was his best option sadly.

Really good point and I bet the answer could unravel a whole let else too! Its not making much sense to me at all yet

I am sure they had been searching the Cemetery too.

Again, JMO (hope this fits with the rules), but I was pondering whether there is a certain psychological reaction to committing such an offence where you want the truth to come out? Apart from the psychopathic profile, where they are looking for notoriety, which my gut feeling doesn't think is the case here (MOO).

I was thinking the same . This was always going to have the same outcome of the lad being caught. It doesn’t in MOO have the markings of being a pre planned attack where disposal had been carefully planned out . So the question is why bother moving the body to another location where it would obviously be found (as it was) why not just leave her be and wait for the inevitable knock on the door ?. He is not a lone wolf ...in my opinion.

does anyone know if, once charged, they can still question him, or is it just now a case of collecting all evidence to prove him guilty?

No, once they charge him all questioning ends.

This bit is JMO but it can be why police will go the full 96 hrs, to try and get as much as possible before they make the charge.
Although I imagine that they have to listen to plenty of no comment responses during that time.

Large police presence outside Whittaker’s pub today (14:00hrs Uk time). Many vans and cars parked outside, they’ve also cordoned off the entrance to the pub car park with beer barrels and chains.
Beyond that into the car park there’s is a large white dog unit police van parked near to the rear of the pub.
Searches obviously continuing in the local vicinity.
The beer barrels and chains have been there since the pub closed before Lindsey went missing the police haven't put them there

I am sure they had been searching the Cemetery too.

Again, JMO (hope this fits with the rules), but I was pondering whether there is a certain psychological reaction to committing such an offence where you want the truth to come out? Apart from the psychopathic profile, where they are looking for notoriety, which my gut feeling doesn't think is the case here (MOO).

Well we don't know much about this young lad apart from his age and the fact he pulls a wheelie bin around with him. Perhaps he has some mental health issues?

I, for one, would mot be surprised if LB decided to tackle a 'child' misbehaving, for the following reasons. As a TA myself for many years, it becomes second nature to correct abberant behaviour in youngsters. Also, I have had dealings with certain members of the "wandering" community helping themselves to other people's metal property. One encounter on Burnley Road two of three years ago resulting in said "wanderer" threatening to burn my house down.

Would a presumably balanced minded loan adult female walking down a back alleyway really intervene in low level antisocial behaviour or theft? Seems unlikely unless what she witnessed was something particularly abhorrent, like an old lady being mugged etc, then there would be another victim... I just can't see it.

Well we don't know much about this young lad apart from his age and the fact he pulls a wheelie bin around with him. Perhaps he has some mental health issues?
Agree with you on some mental health issues. There is obviously something wrong upstairs for this young lad to have deliberately strangled a woman who by all appearances was simply out for a walk. IMO

Agree with you on some mental health issues. There is obviously something wrong upstairs for this young lad to have deliberately strangled a woman who by all appearances was simply out for a walk. IMO
I agree too!

I wouldn't be surprised if the person has some kind of mental health issues that might make them lash out and finds it hard dealing with certain situations and controlling aggression.

As he's only 16 I wouldn't be surprised if he's been in trouble at school for lashing out at fellow students.
if he's even in a mainstream school.

Would a presumably balanced minded loan adult female walking down a back alleyway really intervene in low level antisocial behaviour or theft? Seems unlikely unless what she witnessed was something particularly abhorrent, like an old lady being mugged etc, then there would be another victim... I just can't see it.
Unless she'd seen him before and interacted with him and assumed he was ok to confront maybe.

Moo moo moo

Dozens of cast iron drain grates have been stolen

Someone mentioned before about scrap metal collecting at the pub and I just saw this on lancs live. This was happening on the road that LB went missing from. IMO it doesn't seem like something worth killing over unless it's part of something much bigger.

(Hope I've done this right first time posting)

Someone mentioned before about scrap metal collecting at the pub and I just saw this on lancs live. This was happening on the road that LB went missing from. IMO it doesn't seem like something worth killing over unless it's part of something much bigger.

welcome to websleuths.
Thank you for posting ,interesting information.
Are you a local?

Welcome, Shadow! I wouldn't be surprised if there is a link somewhere between the drain thefts and the 16 year old / his family. Such a dangerous thing to do - a toddler could easily fall down a hole. It's old Yorkshire stone paths that disappear where I live, just nicked in the night without a thought for community safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay