UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transcript of Logan's arrest
Here is a transcript of Williamson’s arrest and what she said:

Williamson: "What do you know?"

Police: "We’ll explain to you in a moment."

Williamson: "What do you mean you’ll explain?"

Police: "There’s nothing you need to do a second."

Williamson: "What do you mean? Where is he? Where is Logan? When is he coming back to Bridgend?"

Police: "I don’t know.

Williamson: "They’re doing the autopsy. No one is telling me what is happening with him…. What is going on?"

Police: "We’ll explain everything now."

Williamson: "This is my son, I want to know what happened to him. Please. "

Police: "We’ll tell you now."

Williamson: "He’s five, bless him, my baby. You have got to tell me something please. I am begging, I am begging you please (Starts sobbing)."

Police: "We know it’s a difficult time, we’re trying to get all the answers we can."

Williamson: "Where is (John) going? Where is he going? What’s going on?"

Police: "We’re going to explain now, have a sit down a minute and we’ll explain now."

Williamson: "What is going on, what is going on, why what’s going on?"

Police: "Listen to me now. Come downstairs with me."

Williamson: "What is going on?"

Police: "Listen to me now, what is happening at the moment is John has been arrested. Listen to me a second, we’re going to arrest you as well."

Williamson gasps and starts hyperventilating

Police: "Calm down, what we don’t want to do is get (the youth) wound up."

Williamson: "Why am I getting arrested? (Starts sobbing)"

Police: "Sit down by there a minute."

Williamson: "I haven’t done anything wrong."

Police:"Don’t cry ok." (Formally arrests Williamson on suspicion of murder).

Williamson: "Can I get dressed, please I haven’t got a bra on."

Police: "I can’t let you go upstairs, they won’t let you have (a bra)."

Williamson: "My son."

Police: "It’s part of the investigation ok?"

The next passage cannot be published for legal reasons

Police: "(The youth) is coming with us as well...."

The rest of the passage cannot be published.

Williamson: "I haven’t done anything wrong (Sobs and hugs the bannister)."

Police: "Are there shoes upstairs? We can’t let you go upstairs."

Williamson: "I have just lost (Logan) and now you’re arresting me."

Police: "We understand it’s a difficult time, we have got a job to do to investigate."

Williamson: "I need my phone."

Police: "We’ll be taking your phone."

Williamson: "What the *advertiser censored** is going on? What happened to him? What happened to my son? Tell me now, what happened to my son?"

Police: "I can’t give you any more information at this time."

Williamson: "My son goes missing, I ask for your help. I scream and shout, you find him. What the *advertiser censored** is going on? My son is dead. "(Sobs)

The next passage cannot be published, again for legal reasons.

Williamson: (Shouts the youth’s name)

The youth: "I’m under arrest."

Williamson: "Just do as you’re told please… You have done nothing wrong."

The youth: "I know."

Williamson: "Just go with them…. Do I have to put handcuffs on?"

Police: "Have you got a jacket we can put over your hands?"

Williamson: "There’s a Marvel hoody in the washing basket." (Starts sobbing hysterically)

The next passage cannot be published, for legal reasons.

Williamson: "I need to take my medication…. Where is Logan, where’s Logan please?"

Police: "He’s still in hospital with doctors."

Williamson: "What happened to him?"

Police: "I can’t explain any further at the moment."

Williamson: "Why isn’t anyone talking to me? You’re supposed to be helping find out what happened to my son and you’re arresting me."

Police: "I know it’s difficult…"

Williamson: "Is your son dead, has your son been found dead in a river?"

Police: "We know you’re very upset…"

Williamson: "Very upset? I’ve lost my son (The next passage cannot be published) I don’t want to be here anymore."

Police: "Hey come on, that’s not helpful."

Williamson: "I just want Logan back." (Sobs)

Police: "You’re going to go to a police station where you’ll be interviewed and they’ll ask you some questions and they’ll go from there. As I said to John, there’s quite a lot of press interest in this case. What you don’t want is people, neighbours and press seeing you like this. Nobody is going to know you have been arrested."

Williamson: "I haven’t done anything, I ask for your help and now you’re blaming me."

Police: "We’re arresting you to speak to you, we need to interview you."

Williamson: "This is not real."

Police: "We can get you away from prying eyes, neighbours and any press."

Williamson: "Are they here, press?"

Police: "No but you can imagine it doesn’t take long when there are police cars in the street."

Williamson: "Can we go please?"

Police: "Try and calm down as we go outside. The girls will take you to Bridgend police station."

The footage skips to Williamson being inside a police vehicle

Williamson: "Logan is on his own, he don’t like being on his own. Is somebody with Logan?"

Police: "Yes, people are with Logan"

Williamson: "I have just lost my son, this is tearing my heart apart. We need to find help find out what happened to Logan."

Police: "I agree"
OMG What drama!

Reality check for this vile trio at last!

I know the locks on the door and window have been related to the DV from a previous relationship, but I wonder if they were utilised to stop Logan escaping? AW seems to relate to them a lot when she reports him missing and how she doesn't understand how he could have got out

Youth: "Get the *advertiser censored** out of my way, get the *advertiser censored** out of my way"

Police: "Come on now."

The next passage cannot be published for legal reasons.

Youth: "Stop talking to me."

Police: "You’re not in control of the situation now…."

Probably not used to being told that (although as a child in care system I appreciate he didn't really have much meaningful control) Hi all, first posting on this thread, making horrific reading. I can't bear to think there are children like poor Logan in homes, suffering abuse. There really should be a push for people to report things and a system where concerns don't have to be very serious to be collated - this would help build a picture and not have the sad story play out after the event where lots of people had witnessed worrying behaviour but not enough for them to feel they should report it.
It sounds like the youth was quite controlling and used to getting his own way by being aggressive.

I’ve just finished catching up. I think the phone data has been because AW said she was asleep so it must have been the youth using her phone. Hence the examination of the devices and all this arguing about them. I’m convinced it was AW watching the videos. It definitely doesn’t imply that she had any care or concern for Logan by this point. Poor, poor Logan :(

Cross examination from Willamson's barrister
Peter Rouch QC, for Williamson, cross examines Ms Rowlands on the difference between “manual” use of an app and an app recording activity on it’s own

Mr Rouch said: “There was secondary evidence there was manual use of YouTube and Barclays.”

Ms Rowlands confirmed this.

The barrister said: “Unless it’s closed, the app is running in the background and the app can refresh itself without any manual input at all.”

Ms Rowlands said: “Yes.”

Mr Rouch said: “Apart from Barclays and YouTube, with the other 12 apps it cannot be said whether the app was manually used or refreshed itself?"

The witness confirms this

The barrister takes issue with Ms Rowlands’ “so called test” on the Samsung dialler app

He said: “The test wasn’t carried out on Angharad Williamson’s phone and it wasn’t carried out on the same model of Samsung phone as Angharad Williamson’s phone?”

Ms Rowlands said: “No.”

The barrister added: “Someone who had access to Angharad Williamson’s phone used it to access YouTube 30 times”

Ms Rowlands confirms this.

The barrister said videos had been viewed on 17 occasions, but on 13 occasions the app had been accessed but no videos had been watched.

The witness confirms this.

Mum and stepdad's arrest for boy's alleged murder shown to jury

I’ve just finished catching up. I think the phone data has been because AW said she was asleep so it must have been the youth using her phone. Hence the examination of the devices and all this arguing about them. I’m convinced it was AW watching the videos. It definitely doesn’t imply that she had any care or concern for Logan by this point. Poor, poor Logan :(
Even in Star Hobson’s case, where mobile phone usage featured heavily, SB and FS occasionally looked up information about Star’s injuries. It seems AW wasn’t remotely interested in what had happened to Logan.

Manual input
John Hipkin QC, for the youth defendant, asked Ms Rowlands if the 17 videos watched had been manually inputted.

The witness confirms this.

He also asked if the Barclays app had been manually inputted.

Ms Rowlands said: “I believe you have had other evidence to show that, yes.”

Mr Hipkin asks about work being carried out on Williamson’s phone after a report was received from a defence expert, on behalf of Williamson

The barrister said: “You received this report from Matthew Jackson on Wednesday at 4pm, three weeks into the trial.”

Ms Rowlands said: “Yes.”

Mr Hipkin said: “What is the work being undertaken?”

Ms Rowlands said they would use Williamson’s phone to access the dialler and home apps and would leave them running overnight to see what activity is recorded.

The witness finishes her evidence and the court adjourns for a 15-minute break.

Statements
The trial resumes.

Junior prosecutor Claire Pickthall reads out a number of statements.
The first is from Andrew Vaughan, who is employed by Mighty Healthcare. He is a senior healthcare professional and an experienced paramedic.

Part of his duties is to provide healthcare for people detained in police custody.

Mr Vaughan said he attended Bridgend Bridewell police station on August 2.

There he helped to administer medication to the youth defendant, who was being held there

The witness said he had “little interaction” with the youth who answered medical questions.

Mr Vaughan then helped to administer medication to Williamson, who made a comment to him.

He said: “Angharad came into the medical room and was fine on entering but as soon as she sat down she broke down and cried. I noticed she had bright pink hair.

“She had her elbows on the table and her head in her hands.

“She said ‘I can’t believe it, I have just seen evidence of those two carrying the body out of the back door. I held him, I stroked his face, I couldn’t believe the amount of injuries on him’.”

After making this comment, Williamson refused some of her medication and any further conversation was general.

Mr Vaughan said Williamson’s comment has “stayed with him”.

Logan's mum made a comment to detention officer'
The next witness statement is from Clare Sparrow, a custody detention officer at Bridgend Bridewell police station.

At around 6.15pm on August 4, Ms Sparrow was assisting Williamson while she was getting dressed in the shower area when Williamson made a comment to her.

She said: “My partner beat him and I was trying to deal with it myself”.

Ms Sparrow told Williamson to stop talking to her and not to make any further comment about the case. She then recorded the comment in Williamson’s custody log.

Child's t-shirt found in woodland
The next witness statement is from detective sergeant Stephen Bowen.

He was on duty on August 4 last year when he was tasked with attending Pandy Park in Sarn to conduct a search of woodland area for a black/blue child’s T-shirt with multiple coloured dinosaurs that may be ripped.

The officer and a colleague made their way near to an area near a wooden bridge and woodland embankment next to the A4063.

DS Bowen said: “While searching wooded area and travelling 30 metres into it, I noticed an item of clothing ahead of me.

“This item of clothing appeared to match the item being sought. The search was suspended and CSI officers were notified. The item was not touched or moved. The time was 1.20pm.”

Crime scene investigator
The next witness statement is from crime scene investigator Sarah Thomas.

The witness said the search for the pyjama top began on August 3 in woodland area near the River Ogmore where Logan’s body was found.

She said the item was a child’s dinosaur top, which had been discarded by a suspect.

On August 4, the search was continued and the item was later discovered. The location where the top was found was photographed by Ms Thomas.

The item was described as a black child’s dinosaur top on three pieces. These included:

• The back of a black children’s pyjama top with coloured dinosaurs, aged seven to eight, wet from dense vegetation

• The front of a a black children’s pyjama top with coloured dinosaurs, wet from dense vegetation

• The arm of a black children’s pyjama top with coloured dinosaurs, wet from dense vegetation.

Statements
The trial resumes.

Junior prosecutor Claire Pickthall reads out a number of statements.
The first is from Andrew Vaughan, who is employed by Mighty Healthcare. He is a senior healthcare professional and an experienced paramedic.

Part of his duties is to provide healthcare for people detained in police custody.

Mr Vaughan said he attended Bridgend Bridewell police station on August 2.

There he helped to administer medication to the youth defendant, who was being held there

The witness said he had “little interaction” with the youth who answered medical questions.

Mr Vaughan then helped to administer medication to Williamson, who made a comment to him.

He said: “Angharad came into the medical room and was fine on entering but as soon as she sat down she broke down and cried. I noticed she had bright pink hair.

“She had her elbows on the table and her head in her hands.

“She said ‘I can’t believe it, I have just seen evidence of those two carrying the body out of the back door. I held him, I stroked his face, I couldn’t believe the amount of injuries on him’.”

After making this comment, Williamson refused some of her medication and any further conversation was general.

Mr Vaughan said Williamson’s comment has “stayed with him”.

“The body”. Man oh man :(

Damage to the neckline of the pyjama top
Ms Pickthall asks for body worn footage to be played of an officer recreating the route taken by the officer’s who discovered the pyjama top.

Once this has been played, the pyjama top is shown is shown to the jury and others in the courtroom. It’s in a cardboard box to prevent it from being touched.

Ms Pickthall said: “Note damage to the neckline of the pyjama top.”

That’s all the evidence heard for the day so the trial adjourns for the weekend and will resume at 10.30am on Monday.

The words AW said to the prison officer might mean that it was JC who finally killed Logan.

I mean the ultimate deadly beating.

After all, it was only JC who partially admitted guilt - Perverting CJ.

AW and the teen vehemently denied the accusations.
MOO

Last edited:
RSBM

“I can’t believe I forgot about the doorbell camera, now I need to save my own skin”. MOO

Can anyone remember what her comments were about his injuries when she was with him in the hospital?

The words AW said to the prison officer might mean that it was JC who finally killed Logan.
I mean the ultimate deadly beating.
After all, it was only JC who partially admitted guilt - Perverting CJ.
AW and the teen vehemently denied the accusations.
MOO
Doesn't mean a thing, other than her blaming someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic