UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Convict who and on what charge?
It's obviously not enough as there's another 5+ weeks of evidence to be heard.

"She said: “My partner beat him and I was trying to deal with it myself”.

"Trying to deal with it myself" = clear admission of failing to call emergency services when knowing there is a severely injured child when that child could have been saved = action directly contributing to the death of Logan.

"My partner beat him" = the child died of two things - 1) being beaten; 2) failure of emergency services to be called; she has stated her partner did the beating and she failed to call an ambulance.

If she had said, "I have no idea what happened to Logan, I was unaware he was badly beaten and had such injuries, I can't imagine who did that to him" then the prosecution wouldn't have much to go on from her at all. They'd still be trying to figure out if she was aware Logan was injured and if JC had acted with the youth without her knowledge and then deceived her to believe Logan was missing / abducted.

She could have even said "the boys are always rough and tumbling, play fighting, I had no idea Logan was hurt and nobody in my household would ever intentionally harm him"

"Trying to deal with it myself" = clear admission of failing to call emergency services when knowing there is a severely injured child when that child could have been saved = action directly contributing to the death of Logan.

"My partner beat him" = the child died of two things - 1) being beaten; 2) failure of emergency services to be called; she has stated her partner did the beating and she failed to call an ambulance.

If she had said, "I have no idea what happened to Logan, I was unaware he was badly beaten and had such injuries, I can't imagine who did that to him" then the prosecution wouldn't have much to go on from her at all. They'd still be trying to figure out if she was aware Logan was injured and if JC had acted with the youth without her knowledge and then deceived her to believe Logan was missing / abducted.

She could have even said "the boys are always rough and tumbling, play fighting, I had no idea Logan was hurt and nobody in my household would ever intentionally harm him"

I just wish we had a little more from court, in context if any. Or at what stage she actually said that,
It's easy to weave that sentence into our own narrative, it probably was about LM, I just need to hear more, but that's just me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Convict who and on what charge?
It's obviously not enough as there's another 5+ weeks of evidence to be heard.

"She said: “My partner beat him and I was trying to deal with it myself”.

I interpret this as being a commentary on the ongoing situation, not the events of that particular day: "My partner has been in the habit of beating him, but I thought I could manage the situation so that nothing really bad actually happened."

So, I agree, more is needed in respect of the actual murder.

JMO

I think JC was jealous of Logan, Logan was everything that JC and the youth weren't-intelligent, pleasant, and all-round good egg. Also, JC was racist. Poor Logan didn't stand a chance
There were constant arguments about AW visiting Ben M with
Logan.
JC accused her of romantic involvment with L's bio dad.

I think her mother said that in one of the reports.

I interpret this as being a commentary on the ongoing situation, not the events of that particular day: "My partner has been in the habit of beating him, but I thought I could manage the situation so that nothing really bad actually happened."

So, I agree, more is needed in respect of the actual murder.

JMO

Oh, I see, hmmm I had not in any way interpreted it that way but since you did then at least one person can see it differently.

It requires being questioned / cross examined. Bearing in mind she was in custody at the time of saying that to the officer then it does come off that AW was speaking to this event and not in general terms.

Even so, she has just grassed up JC (a known offender) for beating her tiny boy and her not taking the correct action. Thank god at the very least this shows her profound lack of judgement, despite all the warnings, and she will not be having any children in her custody probably for the rest of her life!

There were three updates today on the liveblog that weren't copied over here (or atleast I can't find them on searching back) so I'm just copying them over now. I only realised because I wanted to refer to the videos AW watched on the 29th. Alarmingly, it might appear from this that AW planned the hiding/'kidnapping' of Logan as soon as he was injured on the 29th. Also the case about the babysitter was an incident where the babysitter claimed the toddler had fallen down the stairs when in fact it was found he was left severely brain damaged after she shook him.

I don't think this was a case of JC convincing AW to remove Logan as a response to him unexpectedly dying.

---

14:18PHILIP DEWEY
Digital forensic investigator gives evidence
The trial resumes.

The next witness to give evidence is Jessica Rowlands, a digital forensic investigator.

On November 30 last year, she began an investigation in a Cloud account belonging to Angharad Williamson.

The time period she was tasked with analysing was between July 19 and August 1, 2021.

At 2.24am on July 31, 2021, Williamson’s Google account activated the “homepage” of her phone.

At 2.26am the same day, the same account uses the Samsung Android dialler.

Ms Rowlands said this application was the keypad to dial a number or to access recent calls.

The same dialler app was also accessed by Williamson’s phone at 3.17am.

Ms Rowlands said she tested the dialler app on another Samsung phone and concluded the app only records activity when the app is manually used. It does not refresh itself or records activity when it is not being used.

The witness said she could not tell if the Barclays app had recorded manual or phone activity, but these could be checked with the relevant company.

YouTube
Prosecutor Ms Rees now turns to the YouTube videos.

She asks if an analyst could tell whether a video had been watched.

Ms Rowlands said: “If there’s YouTube history manually, it means someone has gone into YouTube and watched a video. It’s not an app refreshing itself in the background.”

Ms Rees refers to the videos “Spoon used to remove man’s cyst”, “Large black head extraction”, “Professional make-up artist, how to look beautiful” and “Conjoined sister born as one now thriving as two” among other videos accessed in the early hours of July 31.

Ms Rowlands said these videos would have been accessed and watched manually.

14:36PHILIP DEWEY
Missing toddler video
Mr Elias, for Cole, asked Ms Rowlands if any other phone was linked to Williamson’s Google account other than Williamson’s.

The witness said: “No.”

The barrister also asked if the following YouTube videos had been watched on Williamson’s phone on July 29, 2021.

“Kidnapped four-year-old Rebecca Lewis reunited with family”

“Family speaks after Utah babysitter is sentenced to prison for shaking baby”

“Missing toddler just clung to me”.

Ms Rowlands confirmed this.

Mum and stepdad's arrest for boy's alleged murder shown to jury

There were three updates today on the liveblog that weren't copied over here (or atleast I can't find them on searching back) so I'm just copying them over now. I only realised because I wanted to refer to the videos AW watched on the 29th. Alarmingly, it might appear from this that AW planned the hiding/'kidnapping' of Logan as soon as he was injured on the 29th. Also the case about the babysitter was an incident where the babysitter claimed the toddler had fallen down the stairs when in fact it was found he was left severely brain damaged after she shook him.

I don't think this was a case of JC convincing AW to remove Logan as a response to him unexpectedly dying.

---

Digital forensic investigator gives evidence
The trial resumes.

The next witness to give evidence is Jessica Rowlands, a digital forensic investigator.

On November 30 last year, she began an investigation in a Cloud account belonging to Angharad Williamson.

The time period she was tasked with analysing was between July 19 and August 1, 2021.

At 2.24am on July 31, 2021, Williamson’s Google account activated the “homepage” of her phone.

At 2.26am the same day, the same account uses the Samsung Android dialler.

Ms Rowlands said this application was the keypad to dial a number or to access recent calls.

The same dialler app was also accessed by Williamson’s phone at 3.17am.

Ms Rowlands said she tested the dialler app on another Samsung phone and concluded the app only records activity when the app is manually used. It does not refresh itself or records activity when it is not being used.

The witness said she could not tell if the Barclays app had recorded manual or phone activity, but these could be checked with the relevant company.

YouTube
Prosecutor Ms Rees now turns to the YouTube videos.

She asks if an analyst could tell whether a video had been watched.

Ms Rowlands said: “If there’s YouTube history manually, it means someone has gone into YouTube and watched a video. It’s not an app refreshing itself in the background.”

Ms Rees refers to the videos “Spoon used to remove man’s cyst”, “Large black head extraction”, “Professional make-up artist, how to look beautiful” and “Conjoined sister born as one now thriving as two” among other videos accessed in the early hours of July 31.

Ms Rowlands said these videos would have been accessed and watched manually.

14:36PHILIP DEWEY
Missing toddler video
Mr Elias, for Cole, asked Ms Rowlands if any other phone was linked to Williamson’s Google account other than Williamson’s.

The witness said: “No.”

The barrister also asked if the following YouTube videos had been watched on Williamson’s phone on July 29, 2021.

“Kidnapped four-year-old Rebecca Lewis reunited with family”

“Family speaks after Utah babysitter is sentenced to prison for shaking baby”

“Missing toddler just clung to me”.

Ms Rowlands confirmed this.

Mum and stepdad's arrest for boy's alleged murder shown to jury

I find her watching these videos somewhat disturbing, the timing the same day she says Cole and the youth assaulted Logan.

Replying to @Tortoise

The plan all along was to frame the youths Mother who had assaulted the youth. Uughhhh.
They knew LM was seriously ill that day and they didn't want to go to prison.
Known violence from the Mother towards the youth (tick), possibly arguments/jealousy/upset due to JC having care and the youth being in AW's company too (tick), all the 'happy' TikTok videos possibly annoyed the youths Mother too (tick) Youth probably loathed his Mother (tick)
Perhaps JC left her for AW? (tick 'jealous ex')

They thought they had this all sewn up didn't they.

JMO

Last edited:
To avoid confusion, I'll reiterate what was posted earlier..........

"On Thursday, jurors were told about the "schedule of events" that happened around the time of the killing - including a number of videos watched on YouTube - that had been accessed from the Google account of Logan's mum Williamson.

Cardiff Crown Court heard that the videos watched included "Spoon used to remove man’s cyst”, “Dr Pimple Popper” and “Cleaning big long toenail”. There is dispute over who was using Williamson’s phone to access the videos, but analysis of the defendant’s phone prior to the night in question revealed she had watched similar videos including Dr Pimple Popper and videos of a surgical and medical nature.
And the prosecution has not been able to establish whether these videos were watched before or after Logan had died. However, it presented the evidence as part of what was going on in the flat at the time of the killing.

List of YouTube videos watched the night boy was allegedly murdered

Ok, I appreciate the attempt to clarify. But I am still very confused because of this testimony:

Boy's bedroom light 'switched on and off' before body removed, jury told
15:25PHILIP DEWEY
Videos
Mr Hipkins said: “There’s an issue about whether it’s Angharad Williamson (using the phone). Can you just confirm you were sent a schedule by the defence (for the youth) to check to see what pattern of YouTube activity there was in the past?”

Ms Claxton said: “Yes.”

Mr Hipkins continued: “The data you were given was between June 2 and August 1, 2021.”

He said that during this time, Dr Pimple Popper videos had been viewed 27 times.

The “Large black head extraction” video had been viewed 140 times between 2019 and 2021.

The court was also told toenail videos had been viewed three times between June and August 2021.

Is this^^^ summary correct when it says that the schedule sent by the defence was for the youth?

Ok, I appreciate the attempt to clarify. But I am still very confused because of this testimony:

Boy's bedroom light 'switched on and off' before body removed, jury told
15:25PHILIP DEWEY
Videos
Mr Hipkins said: “There’s an issue about whether it’s Angharad Williamson (using the phone). Can you just confirm you were sent a schedule by the defence (for the youth) to check to see what pattern of YouTube activity there was in the past?”

Ms Claxton said: “Yes.”

Mr Hipkins continued: “The data you were given was between June 2 and August 1, 2021.”

He said that during this time, Dr Pimple Popper videos had been viewed 27 times.

The “Large black head extraction” video had been viewed 140 times between 2019 and 2021.

The court was also told toenail videos had been viewed three times between June and August 2021.

Is this^^^ summary correct when it says that the schedule sent by the defence was for the youth?

OKAY< this clears the matter up:

Trial Transcript
11:13PHILIP DEWEY
Detective sergeant in digital forensic investigations gives evidence
The trial resumes.

DS Anderson reviewed the report of Google activity on Williamson’s phone including internet browsing and YouTube activity.

A video entitled “Large black head extraction….” had been viewed at 1.17am on July 31, 2021.

Videos with the words “black head” in its title had been viewed around 140 times since November 8, 2019.

Phones belonging to Cole and the youth were also analysed to see if videos involving “black heads” or “Dr Pimple Popper” had been viewed, but no videos of this description had been accessed.

Sorry to be late picking this up. I just wanted to say, we all think we would do that but there's a slew of evidence that leaving an abusive relationship is more complicated than just grabbing the kids and running.

At 5 in the morning with no one around, two physically dominant males in the vicinity (allegedly) disposing of a murdered child, and an 18-month-old in arms, she might not reasonably have expected to get far enough to be safe. Or just as likely might have been completely beyond thinking along those lines.

I'm not saying I think she's innocent, but I don't think her failure to run should be interpreted as evidence of guilt.
But this whole thing did not just unfold in one day, out of the blue.
They lived in separate houses. If she wanted to end this relationship she had chances to do so.

I had the horrifying thought earlier, after reading somewhere that the prosecution think Logan was assaulted on the 30th and AW said the 29th, what if it was 2 attacks, one started the damage then the other turned it deadly. If that makes sense. MOO

Replying to @Tortoise

The plan all along was to frame the youths Mother who had assaulted the youth. Uughhhh.
They knew LM was seriously ill that day and they didn't want to go to prison.
Known violence from the Mother towards the youth (tick), possibly arguments/jealousy/upset due to JC having care and the youth being in AW's company too (tick), all the 'happy' TikTok videos possibly annoyed the youths Mother too (tick) Youth probably loathed his Mother (tick)
Perhaps JC left her for AW? (tick 'jealous ex')

They thought they had this all sewn up didn't they.

JMO
Do we know where “youth’s mother” lived though? Supposing we go along with the narrative for a minute, was it even logistically possible that “youth’s mother” could have done it?

That is what I understood when he flew into rage when told he was leaving his foster family and returning to "original family", JC I guess.
But of course, I might be wrong.

Or just his inability to deal with transisitions which is common in a couple of conditions. And we know he has something. I've witnessed the exact same behaviours with someone at changeover time even if they liked the person who was supporting them next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities