UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bad feeling about this case. I severely hope they don’t get away with murder
Me too, the friends' evidence about AW and JC relationship being 'cute'-whatever that is, home cooked meals and logan being proud of JC seems very supportive but contradicts other evidence that was given about Logan losing weight, being pale and JC making racist remarks. I do hope the court isn't influenced too much by this evidence.

Me too, the friends' evidence about AW and JC relationship being 'cute'-whatever that is, home cooked meals and logan being proud of JC seems very supportive but contradicts other evidence that was given about Logan losing weight, being pale and JC making racist remarks. I do hope the court isn't influenced too much by this evidence.
Exactly my thoughts

Abusers can put on an act for friends/family and hide their true colours. RH is just one witness, if every other witness paints a different picture of the household, I don’t see RHs testimony being particularly impactful on the jury. MOO

13:38Jason Evans

Williamson and Cole shouts at children 'sounded aggressive and nasty'

The next witness to give evidence is Fred Witchell, a neighbour who lives in the next block of flats to the flats where Logan lived.

In response to questions from prosecution barrister Caroline Rees QC he says he would hear arguments coming from the flat lived in by Williamson and Cole and that they seemed to be aimed at the children.

Asked about the tone of voice being used by Williamson and Cole he described it as "not nice at all", and said they way they shouted at the children "sounded aggressive and nasty like"

Asked about the kinds of language the couple would use, the witness said "foul language". When asked for examples the witness says "Stupid bastards. All sorts".

13:39Jason Evans

Cross examination

The neighbour is now being cross-examined by David Elias QC for Cole.

In response to questions from the barrister, the witness says he would hear the defendants shouting when he was in his garden, and Williamson and Cole were in their garden.

The witness also confirms that he would sometimes see Logan going to school in the mornings, and that in his police statement he had said that Logan always seemed happy.

That concludes this morning’s evidence.

Logan Mwangi's mum was 'slightly on the strict side' jury told - live updates

Abusers can put on an act for friends/family and hide their true colours. RH is just one witness, if every other witness paints a different picture of the household, I don’t see RHs testimony being particularly impactful on the jury. MOO

I agree. Plus, we are only getting small snippets of testimony, the Jury are hearing hours of details. They also get to look at JC and AW, live, each day. Most juries do get it right in the end.

As far as Logan's best friend's mother giving relatively positive testimony about the mother, it won't hold weight against the physical evidence. People generally don't want to believe that a close friend would cause or acceed to the extreme abuse that killed her child. This would explain why she didn't report her. There's a psychological term "cognitive dissonance" about not wanting to give up an opinion or thought despite evidence to contrary. Soak in the facts that support your belief and ignore all else. It's a nice world to live in which your trust is never betrayed. Do you think we'll ever find out about the woman AW thought wanted to kidnap her child?

From this morning's testimony by RH

A woman accused of murdering her five-year-old son gave her friend three different explanations for his shoulder injury, Cardiff Crown Court has heard.

Rhiannon Hales said Ms Williamson told her ;

he had been pushed down the stairs by the youth

had fallen on his own

and

that a woman told the youth to do it.

source

@walesupdates

News and Media website

RE Logan being "proud" of JC:

It seems to me the little boy was desperately in need of "father figure", children often gloss over unpleasant reality.
I think society teaches children they should have a mum and dad, so it can be conflicting and confusing for them if they don’t, so they search for a replacement.

As far as Logan's best friend's mother giving relatively positive testimony about the mother, it won't hold weight against the physical evidence. People generally don't want to believe that a close friend would cause or acceed to the extreme abuse that killed her child. This would explain why she didn't report her. There's a psychological term "cognitive dissonance" about not wanting to give up an opinion or thought despite evidence to contrary. Soak in the facts that support your belief and ignore all else. It's a nice world to live in which your trust is never betrayed. Do you think we'll ever find out about the woman AW thought wanted to kidnap her child?
If the reporting restrictions are lifted upon conviction then I guess we will find out who it is. I have a strong suspicion who it is. I hope it can be revealed so I can find out if I’m right or not.

14:47Jason Evans

Next witness: Heard a woman being 'hysterical'

The trial is resuming after the lunch break.

The next person giving evidence to the jury is Paula Heath, the partner of Paul Dodd who lives in the block of flats where Logan lived.

The witness says that she spent the night of July 30 / 31 at her partner’s flat, and that they went to bed shortly before midnight.

She tells the court she was woken at 5am by the sound of "bickering", though could not initially tell what was being said. She says she is sure of the time because she was due in work on Saturday morning, and she picked up her phone to check the time.

Miss Heath says she then heard a woman shouting: What have you done with my son? Where is my son? I want my son."

Asked to describe the tone of the woman’s voice, the witness replies: "Hysterical, as if in sheer panic."

Miss Heath says she then heard a male shouting "I have done nothing with your son".

Logan Mwangi's mum was 'slightly on the strict side' jury told - live updates

Ms Hale recounted an incident where Ms Williamson shouted at the youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, warning him to "stay away from my babies".

When asked about the youth's behaviour, she agreed with her statement given on 4 August that she described him as "sitting, laughing" at the television.

Logan Mwangi: Mother gave different reasons for injury, court hears

I’m not sure what I think about being told a 5 year old was ‘proud’ of someone (an adult) - isn’t that just a case that someone has been suggesting/insisting that they ‘should be’ proud of *advertiser censored*?

I’m no expert in child psychology, but don’t most 5 year olds tend to just accept the world around them as it is. They may be proud of their own achievements if they have done a good job of something, but being proud of an adult would be unusual. Unless they have seen consistent bravery, personal struggle or something like that.

I’m not sure what I think about being told a 5 year old was ‘proud’ of someone (an adult) - isn’t that just a case that someone has been suggesting/insisting that they ‘should be’ proud of *advertiser censored*?

I’m no expert in child psychology, but don’t most 5 year olds tend to just accept the world around them as it is. They may be proud of their own achievements if they have done a good job of something, but being proud of an adult would be unusual. Unless they have seen consistent bravery, personal struggle or something like that.

It sounds like something an adult would say, if describing a child's feelings towards an adult - rather than terminology that a child would use.

It sounds like something an adult would say, if describing a child's feelings towards an adult - rather than terminology that a child would use.

Yes I agree but ‘proud’ is quite a strange one. She didn’t say he loved him/ was fond of him, did she? Sounds like she was looking for a positive adjective MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1