UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE KFC meal

What I find disgusting is not the meal itself b/c, perversely, weetabox is more nutritious than fast food,
BUT
The fact that the whole family was sitting around the table as a unity and Logan was on the floor like a dog!
He was cut off from the family, like a leper.
Shame!

Regarding the 'proud' comment ...

It's quite possible that welsh dialect plays a part ... I've notice quite a few words used already 'scram' (on his lip?) Noticed by a nurse - scram is Welsh for a scratch (like from a cat or nails, a sharp scratch but a superficial surface injury) and Cwtch which is Welsh for cuddle...

The Welsh men especially aren't known for their metrosexuality and perhaps when between 2 males it would be said that you're proud of rather than love your male relatives or friends.

Just something to bear in mind

I'm also Welsh and I think this is spot-on

For a house with three children in it, why is there no food? Or sorry I should say little food. Also wasn’t AW seen buying *advertiser censored* and alcohol shortly before this?
I think it meant there was no food in JC's house.They had just come back from holiday and were isolating at AW's home before being taken to JC's house

13:39Jason Evans

Cross examination

The neighbour is now being cross-examined by David Elias QC for Cole.

In response to questions from the barrister, the witness says he would hear the defendants shouting when he was in his garden, and Williamson and Cole were in their garden.

The witness also confirms that he would sometimes see Logan going to school in the mornings, and that in his police statement he had said that Logan always seemed happy.

That concludes this morning’s evidence.

Logan Mwangi's mum was 'slightly on the strict side' jury told - live updates
As to Logan seeming to be happy on his way to school----I worked in the school system for many years. Children from troubled homes would often seem very happy when they were in school. It was their safe space.

Some students would be very cheery and smiley in class, even though they had bruises or scratches. They would have a convenient cover story for the injuries and smile their way through it.

Last edited:
15:45Jason Evans

'I want my son'

Miss Heath says she then heard Williamson shouting out Logan’s name a number of times, and shouting: "I want my son. The backdoor is wide open. He has got no socks on. He has got no shoes on."

She says she left for work around 7.20am and saw a male outside the flats who told her: "All I am trying to do is calm the situation down".

Logan Mwangi's mum was 'slightly on the strict side' jury told - live updates
It sounds to me like they were putting on a theatre production for the neighbours. " The backdoor is wide open. He has got no socks on. He has got no shoes on."...blah blah blah.....she is screaming that out for the neighbours to hear, after the child has already been dumped in the creek. :mad:

It sounds to me like they were putting on a theatre production for the neighbours. " The backdoor is wide open. He has got no socks on. He has got no shoes on."...blah blah blah.....she is screaming that out for the neighbours to hear, after the child has already been dumped in the creek. :mad:

Awful woman. She lets him suffer for hours unhelped and then when there are outsiders around she keeps banging on about how he'll be cold, he needs his blanket etc. Of course he'll be cold! He's been dumped in a river!

11:42Jason Evans

Youth had 'desire for violence'

The first evidence being put before the jury today relates to the youth defendant - as the youngster cannot be named due to his age, our reporting of this evidence will necessarily be limited.

The court is hearing a written statement from a foster mother who cared for the teenager for a period of time. In the statement, which is being read to the court by prosecution barrister Caroline Rees QC, she says the youth defendant had a "desire for violence" and was always "sparring" with himself and with anyone who came to the house "as if to prove he was bigger and better" than anyone else.

She said on one occasion he grabbed the family dog - which had an injured pelvis - by the back legs and picked it up, and on another occasion he was seen squirting deodorant into the dog’s eyes.

BIB One - as suspected, there was foster care

BIB Two
- what a delightful child ( not )

the youth defendant had a "desire for violence" and was always "sparring" with himself and with anyone who came to the house "as if to prove he was bigger and better" than anyone else.
RSBM. I'd been wondering if this earlier evidence meant what I thought it did.
When questioned about the youth’s actions by Peter Rouch QC, who is defending Williamson, Mr O’Brien said the youth was “sizing him up”.
BBM.

11:42Jason Evans

Youth had 'desire for violence'

The first evidence being put before the jury today relates to the youth defendant - as the youngster cannot be named due to his age, our reporting of this evidence will necessarily be limited.

The court is hearing a written statement from a foster mother who cared for the teenager for a period of time. In the statement, which is being read to the court by prosecution barrister Caroline Rees QC, she says the youth defendant had a "desire for violence" and was always "sparring" with himself and with anyone who came to the house "as if to prove he was bigger and better" than anyone else.

She said on one occasion he grabbed the family dog - which had an injured pelvis - by the back legs and picked it up, and on another occasion he was seen squirting deodorant into the dog’s eyes.

BIB One - as suspected, there was foster care

BIB Two
- what a delightful child ( not )
Oh no! What a monster kid :(

11:49KEY EVENT

'Youth said he was going to kill foster family and their dog',

The statement continues with the woman describing how the youth would speak to her in a "belittling" manner, and would walk around with a smirk on his face which "unnerved" her.

She says the youth talked about the horror film series The Purge, and said he told her that when the new film came out he was going to kill her, her husband, her daughter and their dog - a comment which "horrified" her. The foster mum said she told the teenager’s social worker about what the boy had said but "she just brushed it off as if it was nothing".

The witness says on one occasion the youth defendant persuaded her to buy him a metal baseball bat - she says she thought it was because he wanted to play the game but he instead went straight to a local park and began smashing it up.

She says on the day the youth was due to leave the family’s care and return to his parents he "turned into a monster", and she had to leave the house.

Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

Snipped from above

he told her he was going to kill her, her husband, her daughter and their dog

The foster mum said she told the teenager’s social worker about what the boy had said but

"she just brushed it off as if it was nothing".

I would hope that social worker is being investigated but more than likely we will just be told that
lessons will be learnt :rolleyes:

12:05Jason Evans

Foster dad 'terrified of the teenager'

The court is now hearing the father of the foster family - again this evidence is in the form of an agreed statement which is being read to the court.

In his statement the witness says he was terrified of the teenager and what he might be capable of, and he described one occasion in which the defendant had told him through gritted teeth that he wanted to "punch his lights out" and kill him and his wife.

He says the last day the youth spent in their care was "hell", with the youngster "marching around glaring at people".

Youth accused of murdering boy, 5, had 'desire for violence' , jury told

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member