UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who sprays deodorant in a dog’s eyes is a monster in my book. I don’t care who they are, or what age, or actually what their background is. But that’s just me.

Me too. It is totally unacceptable to me to harm a defenceless animal ( or child ) and I have no problem in categorising this youth a monster.

I think we need to be careful about categorising children as “monsters” or “angels” without any actual concrete evidence or insight into what may have gone on in their lives.

Maybe, just maybe, if the youth had been recognised as being a monster and dealt with accordingly ,Logan might possibly still be alive today.

When you are a foster parent, you don’t just sign up to foster cute little babies. You know that most children in the system are going to have multiple issues, and if you are fostering for the right reasons, you hope you are going to be able to work through them with those children. You don’t just toss them out at the first sign of trouble.
Sorry, but some things should not be tolerated.

Foster parenting isn’t easy, it’s not all a bed of roses. You sign up knowing it’s going to be difficult.

You can disagree with what I am saying but I’m absolutely serious. Children need to form positive attachments in their lives, attachments are fundamental to our psychology and development. It’s why SWs will always try to find a long term placement over a temporary solution.

A child who attacks the family dog and threatens to kill the foster parents and daughter doesn't need time to settle - he needs to be in a secure institution being given appropriate treatment.

Unfortunately many of these institutions are full. It's far easier on paper than reality. I completely agree he shouldn't have been with a family but there's many others like him in the system who won't go on to (allegedly) commit murder.

Foster parenting isn’t easy, it’s not all a bed of roses. You sign up knowing it’s going to be difficult.

You can disagree with what I am saying but I’m absolutely serious. Children need to form positive attachments in their lives, attachments are fundamental to our psychology and development. It’s why SWs will always try to find a long term placement over a temporary solution.

I would not disagree with what you are saying,but I think it also needs to be recognised that some children have deeper problems and character flaws that need dealing in other ways in order to keep other members of the community safe, including pets.

I would not disagree with what you are saying,but I think it also needs to be recognised that some children have deeper problems and character flaws that need dealing in other ways in order to keep other members of the community safe, including pets.
This is where social services should be putting in all the correct and relevant support, for both the child and the fosterers. However, that more often than not doesn’t happen sadly.

This is where social services should be putting in all the correct and relevant support, for both the child and the fosterers. However, that more often than not doesn’t happen sadly.

It is when a foster child who has shown animal cruelty should immediately be removed from a home with pets and young children.

14:46Jason Evans

Youth's social worker gives evidence

The trial resumes after the lunch break. The next witness is Debbie Williams who was a social worker to the youth defendant.

The witness begins her evidence by outlining the defendant’s involvement with the care system.

She then tells the court about the last contact she had with the youngster when she visited him on June 30, 2021, after he had been returned to his family.

The witness says that when the youth saw her he told her to "*advertiser censored** o**" but that he was speaking in an "animated tone" and it was not said in a "nasty way". In response to questions from the prosecution barrister she says the teenager had used those words to her previously on lots of occasions but that it was "more of a banter thing" - though she acknowledged that he did sometimes "go too far". The witness says that to balance things, the youngster could also be polite.

The witness says on one occasion the youth also called her "the c-word".

Youth accused of murdering boy, 5, had 'desire for violence' , jury told

15:03Jason Evans

'We didn't hurt him', youth defendant alleged to have said

The witness is asked about a conversation she had with the youth following the death of Logan. She says the teenager knew they couldn’t discuss the case but when she said to him she did not think he realised the seriousness of what had happened, he told her that he did understand and added "We didn't hurt him" though did not elaborate on what he meant.

Youth accused of murdering boy, 5, had 'desire for violence' , jury told

snipped from above

Debbie Williams -social worker to the youth defendant.

says that when the youth saw her he told her to "*advertiser censored** o**" but that he was speaking in an "animated tone" and it was not said in a "nasty way".

says the teenager had used those words to her previously on lots of occasions but that it was "more of a banter thing" -

says on one occasion the youth also called her "the c-word".

If that's the standard of social involvement being given - little wonder there was no improvement with the teen.

snipped from above

says that when the youth saw her he told her to "*advertiser censored** o**" but that he was speaking in an "animated tone" and it was not said in a "nasty way".

says the teenager had used those words to her previously on lots of occasions but that it was "more of a banter thing" -

says on one occasion the youth also called her "the c-word".

If that's the standard of social involvement being given - little wonder there was no improvement with the teen.

I was thinking exactly the same!

Some kids are uncontrollable and some are evil. Some are both and foster parents decide not to continue with the child and they are placed back into childrens homes. This is fact.

Sounds like the social worker has decided she’s taking no blame for what’s happened and denying all knowledge of the problem teen. Terrible!
I did feel like the testimony was “nothing to see here!” but to be fair I don’t know enough about casework to know what acceptable behaviour looks like. That said, in any situation, it’s not normal to call a professional support worker the C word surely.

Again, I’m no expert, but seems to me big flags were being missed.

I think what she probably means is that he used "*advertiser censored** off" as an expression meaning "go" or "leave".
It's quite common vernacular, as in
"I think I'll *advertiser censored** off home now."

I did feel like the testimony was “nothing to see here!” but to be fair I don’t know enough about casework to know what acceptable behaviour looks like. That said, in any situation, it’s not normal to call a professional support worker the C word surely.

Again, I’m no expert, but seems to me big flags were being missed.

He was a 14 year old boy. In my opinion a whole battalion of flags were waving . It is totally unacceptable to accept the language he was directly addressing her with. She was the adult and should have spoken to him about his language ,not just dismissed it as banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1